Free kick masterclass.

JimJoeC

Custom User Title
26 June 2002
Southampton, England
Saints
I'm looking for one, not giving one!

Been playing this version for about 8 months now and have only scored from about 20 yards out.

Pro Evo 3 I used to score from all over the park, can someone give me some advice please?

Also how many has the com scored against you? It's only two or three for me and all those came from Bergkamp!

Free kicks and throw ins are shite this version, unless anyone can prove me wrong?

Hello. Well scoring from close range (19-22m) is considerably easier, with the :l1: + down + :square: (@ about 48%) then directional button (left or right) for curl away from the keeper. If you are really close, like right on the edge of the box, every now and then, try the kick along the ground which will elude the jumping wall and keeper sometimes.

Anything else up to 30m i generally just press :square: at about 60%, and add curl.

Anything further i normally cross into the box.

I think it's important you line up your kicker correctly. To do this you have to know roughly where he'll aim if he were to hit in a straight line. I would recommend practice mode with your favoured FK taker. It's not as hit and miss as penalties at least.

THe com has probably only scored a handful against me since the release of PES4. But it has a knack of doing it when you really don't want it. I score enough to feel really satisfied when i do get them. But they are few and far between.

Last edited by a moderator:
also when you are just outside the box (i mean in the middle of the goal and near enough on the penalty area line) aim right in the corner (but remember players have natural curl depending what foot they use) tap circle as light as possible and your player will chip it in 75% of the time for me. Its great. And as good as a penalty!

COM is scoring better than me at free kicks i can say. Yesterday Udinese's Muntari scored me 2 free kicks in the same game!!!

Advices:
When you are about 25-35m hold :r1: press :square: about 60% and hold Up with left or right(direction for curve).
Now when you are really close to the goal area (2-3m away) aim at the open corner(where goalkeeper standing) and hold :r1: +Up and press :square: about 35-40%(Must have player with good power and free kick accuracy pwr:87(at least) fk:90(at least)) ;)

john_shadow4 said:
COM is scoring better than me at free kicks i can say. Yesterday Udinese's Muntari scored me 2 free kicks in the same game!!!/QUOTE]

Is this in PES4?

The com has only scored about 2 free kicks against since I got the game. I play ML most days.

ML is pretty much all i play. and i have had maybe 4 FK scored against me in this time since pes4 release. the last one was about 1 month ago when it was 0-0 in cup semi second leg 0-0 in first leg (btw this was the hardest 2 games ive played to date 5star) and conceded a FK in injury time from about 25 yards. and absolute BULLET from sweinsteiger

Back
Top Bottom