Frame Rate Q

greenmachine

League 1
5 November 2003
Frame Rate Q

I put on FRAPS to see the frame rate during games and it varies in certain parts of the pitch and I get slow down in certain parts.

But what I want to know is , should I start seeing slow down in the game as soon as the frame rate drops under 50fps? 60fps great 50 still fine but when it gets to 45fps that when it starts to go into slow mo..

I know it might be different but I have played lots of PC games and a loss of 15fps didn't slow even heavy games down as much as this does..

Quite Buggy coded, but 45 fps should not be a problem though
I have a Quadcore and a 8800GTS 640mb and noticed it sometimes too, perhaps a driver issue or a bug that will hopefully be fixed in when the FULL comes out

Hi guys,

same problem here...
But seems to be only on High Details, no matter what resolution, sometimes the game is running only on 45-50 fps. That means a tackling takes 4 seconds... Vsync or frame-skipping makes no difference...

Notebook:

Core2Duo 1,83 GHz
2048 MB Ram
GeForce 7600
Win XP

i've been having no probs on 1900x1200 using external Anisotropic configured oon the driver, so it should be driver related issue, no frame drop below 45~50 usually stay at 60 most of the time. Using a 7900gs on my lappie look at the signature, if you have an nvidia card pick the latest driver on www.tweakrus.com (XtremeG's rock) or www.omegadrivers.net (Omega Catalist driver are very good).

when i install the catalyst(i think 6.9) given with my card a year ago games runs perfect.no slow downs.but when i update to the latest catalyst or install omega drivers i have some slow downs during the game.weird:S

Just for the record....

I have:

Athlon 4000+ (OC to 2.8Ghz) (Single Core)
2 Gb Ram
X1900XT 256MB
Xi-Fi Fatal1ty Sound Card
Running XP SP 2

A decent machine but not half as powerfull as some of the ones above who are having problems...

Yet I get a solid 60fps at all times (aside from the odd stutter which I assumme is down to a bug) with perhaps a 5-10 fps drop during close ups or replays.

Back
Top Bottom