FPS Games - PS3 - Looking for a cheapy!

fd1972uk

---------------------
9 January 2002
Glasgow
Celtic
I notice a couple of threads with various games and got me thinking about buying a few of the older games, although would like to pick them up cheap / pre-owned, however I'm not sure how good they actually are.

I like the fps although I like a story to it and not just some game to go crazy with a gun or whatever.

Games I was thinking about were The Darkness, Infamous, Blacksite: Area 51, Haze. Not sure if any of the Flashpoint games are any good too (notice a Red River or something is coming out soon)?

I also looked at Dead Rising 2, but would need to get a hold of the first one (think it's out for Wii), but not sure if that really has a story to it, I love Zombie games but don't know if it sounds a bit absurd. Also looked at Half Life game with like 5 titles or so, Half Life is the best FPS I've ever played, possibly the best game I've ever played, but not sure if I got a bit bored of the extra ones that came out, think I played the last one when the girl Alyx vanished. Don't think I went on after that.

Anyone have much info on the games and if they have storylines or the likes?

FD

Yeah mate played the Killzones, enjoyable. Funny you mention Resistance, I actually had got this played it for a while and then noticed it had a co-op mode, but my brother wasn't too keen on it and I kinda drifted away and just traded it in.

I might look at it again though.

FD

I also saw that Fallout 3, but not sure if that is really more a multi-player thing and if it does have a single player mode how good it really is?

FD

The Darkness is a terrific game, one of those real surprises for me a little like Arkham Asylum as reading the premise and such I didn't think it was for me but tried the demo and loved it.

Cheers mate, might give it a look-in. I liked Fear, and the second one was okay too, see theres a 3rd one coming out, I sometimes get a wee bit bored of continual games coming out though.

FD

Call of Juarez : Bound in Blood, Western Style FPS, different but above average in my view.

Medal of Honor : Airborne. WWII, but you parachute into level were you want to start.

The Saboteur : WWII but in Paris and you wage a Vigilante war against the Nazi Occupation, tis not a FPS game though.

Red Faction Guerrilla : Vigilante war in FPS on Mars.

Have you played all the COD series FD? There is also the new version of Medal of Honor.

I'm sure there are others, but they should all be pretty cheap to pick up, bar maybe the latest MOH.

Last edited:

Asked about that, but the guy said he never heard of it.

Yeah played the likes of 2 Unchartered's, Call of Juarez, Medal of Honor: Tier 1 (got Frontline free with that), have Rainbow Six 2, but still to complete that.

Will look out more on that Red Guerilla and Saboteur (if not a fps what is it like?).

I saw another game, but can't mind the name of it, kinda a guy in darkness with a knife.

Popped in to some local shops and got The Darkness (£5) and Blacksite: Area 51 (£10).

FD

The Saboteur is kinda like a free roam / sand box game. You can go around Paris, knock out Nazi's and steal their uniform. Blow up search lights and take out guard towers etc to try and liberate Paris.

Also in the 3rd person action genre, Just Cause 2 can be had for under a tenner in most places.

Back
Top Bottom