Forza Motorsport

Milanista said:
Mikey the screenshots around dont really portray the game's graphics. The graphics are actually very very good. At first i thought the graphics looked shit in reviews/previews but then they were much better while actually playing.

My only problem is that there is no real sense of speed, well not yet.

Alright, cheers mate. I've still got Gran Turismo 4 to play a bit yet, as I haven't really played it much since I got it. Once I've given that a good playing on. I'll check this one out.

Well I've barely started, only played one "career" race, along with a starting introductory session on Laguna Seca in free run, but I have to say I like it a lot so far. It does start off feeling a little slow, but I got the feeling that it was more into doing things right, from the beginning of the game rather than blast through the easy parts and then find the latter parts to be a lot more difficult. A nice way to break you in if you will. ;)

I've started out as I intend to carry on, Racing Line, Traction control and Stability Management all OFF! Only ABS left on, and I must say, I like tha handling a lot as it is now.
I've onyl got myself a white Civic Type-R so far, and I spent 15 mins in the decal shop and put a nice black "Punisher" skull logo on the bonnet. Cant wait to get into the paint job thing a bit more, nearly looking forward to that as much as playing the actual game. :D

Looks good so far!

I had to turn TCS back on, every car felt like I was driving on ice. I've not even tried the racing line yet but you can sometimes spot people online who are using it.

Had a few races with ReActor and Kenny M last night, not bad tho these German guys came in and talked gobbledegook (or was it German? ;) ) non-stop. In the last race one of them piled round the first corner taking me and Kenny off, the twat. On the last lap I caught up with him and was all over the back of his car, I may well have nudged him and he went apeshit! He was screaming all this stuff in that funny language with my name thrown in every so often, I was shoutin back "I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE SAYING!", then I got "ASSHOLE ASSHOLE!" back at me, feckin hilarious! :mrgreen:

For anyone who's had a problem with seeing other people's paint jobs or people not seeing their's online, in the lobby you have to wait till they download to your machine. Next to the car name is the wee box with the car class (A1, B3, etc), that will fill up with black if you're downloading someone's paint job, if you don't wait for it to finish and then 'clear', you won't see that car's custom artwork.

i am shit at this game - well most driving games.

i always finish last and spend most of the time off the track hugging the barriers.

it's really pissing me off.

any tips to better my racing?

Yeah it was a good laugh last night. I'm still shite at the game, sometimes you brake and you just lose your grip and fly straight throgh the corner. I guess I need to brake earlier :D

Yeah didn't those Germans go on and on and on...bloody hell I don't think they stopped to breath once!

I'm still getting used to the game and it is a much better "racing" experience online, however PGR2 is far more accessible with regards to driving difficulty.

ReActor said:
Yeah it was a good laugh last night. I'm still shite at the game, sometimes you brake and you just lose your grip and fly straight throgh the corner. I guess I need to brake earlier :D

Yeah didn't those Germans go on and on and on...bloody hell I don't think they stopped to breath once!

I'm still getting used to the game and it is a much better "racing" experience online, however PGR2 is far more accessible with regards to driving difficulty.

oh, so you are lemonjelly!

i will add you to my list of friends.

i thought those germans were reading me a bedtime story or something.....blah blah blah..

i loved it when classicd just said 'i don't understand a word your saying mate!' haha :)

Classic mate, I've only really driven my Type-R properly, but I love it without traction control on, I can get the back end out if I want and glide through some corners. It also helps towards my 1500 difficulty "bonus" points at the end of every race. :D
I'm gonna stick with these settings, as they feel just right for me (love a bit of drifting).

I'm the opposite, I want to drive round a corner in a smooth line rather than throw the back end out, no Kudos points here ;).

haha true, but I have the option of throwing the back end out if I want. Sure, keeping a tight racing line is much better most of the time, but for some wide long corners (Midway II I think has that wide open hairpin type corner) its great to just feather the brakes and put the boot down, watch the car glide slightly sideways around the corner. ;)

Anyone have tips on how to get your car to compete well online? I'm currently a C3 class I think with my Civic, but surely it'll get mauled online againt other proper C class cars, I've only added a muffler and a quick gear change, maybe one or two other small things, but no turbo or anything, as that would have made it a C1 and I know I'd get spanked by them in it.
I'm yet to play online, I'm a bit afraid to due to not being confident in my car. Might unlock some better ones first.

dar83 said:
haha true, but I have the option of throwing the back end out if I want. Sure, keeping a tight racing line is much better most of the time, but for some wide long corners (Midway II I think has that wide open hairpin type corner) its great to just feather the brakes and put the boot down, watch the car glide slightly sideways around the corner. ;)

Anyone have tips on how to get your car to compete well online? I'm currently a C3 class I think with my Civic, but surely it'll get mauled online againt other proper C class cars, I've only added a muffler and a quick gear change, maybe one or two other small things, but no turbo or anything, as that would have made it a C1 and I know I'd get spanked by them in it.
I'm yet to play online, I'm a bit afraid to due to not being confident in my car. Might unlock some better ones first.

i don't think you can do as bad as me ;)

as long as the folks are cool, then it's much fun online.

I manage to break my car on the first corner in most races, by the time I finish my car is just about in one piece ;)

That ^ doesn't surprise me.

I actually thought of you when I started playing this, I thought it might actually get you to learn to race, because bumpeing other people fucks up your car royally in this most of the time. :D

Could life as we know it end?! ;)

Was just racing A-Class with my suped up FTO, terrible for first and second gear but then it just screams away, the people I was racing were moaning about me in foreign languages :D

dar83 said:
That ^ doesn't surprise me.

I actually thought of you when I started playing this, I thought it might actually get you to learn to race, because bumpeing other people fucks up your car royally in this most of the time. :D

Could life as we know it end?! ;)

Life as I know it has ended!!

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
If someone could send me an invite to this special car club thingy, that'd be cool :) I should have the game within the next few days

That would be my responsibility, I will invite those who have mentioned themselves as I log on now

dar83 said:
but no turbo or anything, as that would have made it a C1 and I know I'd get spanked by them in it.
You probably realise now but it's worth mentioning that C1 is the fastest you can get a class-C car without moving it up to B. The classes aren't split into C1, C2, etc, just C, so it's your C3 that would get spanked ;).

BOADC said:
I wouldn't mind an invite if possible? :)

I will send you and LemonJelly both an invite to the Club tonight. It is me or does that sound really odd?

I'm convinced and ordered it, should get it on Thursday. Hope to see you online soon, I promise to keep silent too. ;)

Ok lads, I know some of you have opened up a great deal in this game, but I have only started the singleplayer game. A tip came on screen saying it's better to keep the cars you win rather than sell them, now I have two bobbins cars, the old toyota that you basically win in your first race and a dodgy nissan too, I could sell them both and get a Mitsubushi FTO which would mean I would have a chance of winning the Asia class and probably the FWD class.

So is it best to sell bobbins cars, or keep the whole lot, also can you only a win a car once?

Well I bought an Audi TT to kick things off and it didn't seem too long before that had won me a better car, so I punted the Audi sharpish. I still have a couple of bobbins efforts myself, like the Lancia, but I got rid of some Nissan effort and many others.

In the end it would seem you're never too short on cash so you can always just go and buy a car for a lower class should you need one.

I haven't sold any of the cars I've won (or the car I started with) yet. I think I have 11 or 12 cars now. No point in selling them really, its not worth it! :D

I got myself a lovely MR2 Classic, should give yours a bit of a challenge hopefully. ;)

I never used an MR2 that night Dar, the green machine was an F355 with a lovely paintjob :).

I do have an MR2 though.

Ah alrighty, well my MR2 might match the 355 then..... ;)

I gave it a lovely tricolor paintjob this morning as well, its all shiny and green whit and orange, but still manages to be quite sleek looking. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom