Forza Motorsport

I played it last night, fucking loads to do with your car. In theory you could spend more time fucking about with it than racing

CWright said:
I played it last night, fucking loads to do with your car. In theory you could spend more time fucking about with it than racing

CW, I'd be interested to hear what you thought of the Gameplay now that you have had a little sample of it too ? ;-)

SilverSpider said:
CW, I'd be interested to hear what you thought of the Gameplay now that you have had a little sample of it too ? ;-)

I have only had about an hour on it so dont feel equipped enough to comment. I will suggest that everyone turns off the top driving aid as soon as they get the game or you find it very hard to race without it, its the one that gives you a racing line to follow and makes it way too easy.

The game does run smoother than the demo that was doing the rounds, its all fine as far as I am concerned

I have played this game for the last week and in all honestly i would not buy this game cos the framerate just aint right, i mean there is just no sense of speed and cornering can be a real pain weather this is down to the arcady feel of the handling or the drop in frames it just dosn't feel right.At first i thought it was just the car i was driving but after trying out over 10 different cars and putting the best tires and best brakes i still find cornering a mess.It also feels strange that i find the easiest cars to corner with are the front wheel drive cars which normaly suffer from understeer and i find cornering with a four wheel car harder-strange. It may not help when i go from playing GT4 50fps to Forza's 25fps or maybe i have got a beta and not retail cos to me this is not nearly as good as GT4 or PGR2 IMO.......

I was led to believe Forza runs at 30fps and doesn't drop frames, which would put it on the same level as PGR2. Agree that it'd have been better with GT's framerate, which I thought was 60fps, not 50 tho? :S

ClassicD said:
I was led to believe Forza runs at 30fps and doesn't drop frames, which would put it on the same level as PGR2. Agree that it'd have been better with GT's framerate, which I thought was 60fps, not 50 tho? :S

I'm going off the PAL/NTSC thing and with that GT4 will be 60fps on NTSC but 50fps on PAL cos they ain't no 60hz selecter...as for Forza your probs right there as most Xbox games run in PAL60....so it would be 60fps or 30fps and it deffo ain't the former....but still it just isn't as smooth as PGR2's 30fps, especialy when cornering....I think what i need to do is rent the retail to see if what i have is perhaps a beta version from where the demo came from cos that would explain alot....

Clio, anyone?

Photo0042.jpg

Game is out in a shop near me, someone on my Friends List is already playing it. I'm gonna go see if they have any left. :)

Damn damn damn, more money spent. 6 games in a week now, that's bad even by my standards.

Anyone ordered from Gameplay? My order is being picked and should be despatched today :)

EDIT: Despatched 8)

Last edited:
Looks like ClassicD managed to find a copy...I just got an alert to say he was playing it :) Whats it like??

None taken :).

Aye it's pretty good, initially a few concerns about the sense of speed but once I'd gotten on to faster cars it improved. Although, regarding this issue I would still say that GT4 has it licked by a mile. Graphically, I tend to focus on the framerate and that's why I have to say GT4 spanks it here.

I have only played career mode so far, and chose the Audi TT (Europe). I turned off all assists except manual gearshifting, I'm a lazy cnut so I stick with auto. Anyway, first corner then, what a nightmare! Maybe it's just my bad technique I don't know, but I had to turn ABS back on again because during braking the wheels just lock up completely and you can't turn. As soon as I stuck ABS back on it solved that problem, and it's since then been pretty controllable with the racing line, TCS and that other one turned off.

XBox Live - I only raced a few times on it in career mode, not tried the basic XBox Live option from the main menu yet. It's split into classes for career racing, what I found was when I took my B4-rated car into that area every room I entered was filled with B1-rated cars, and I consequently got gubbed. Even when I put a few bits and bobs on the motor to get it up to B1, I still got gubbed. Having said that I haven't tinkered at all with the settings, something you're definitely gonna have to do to play the career online. It was all North American folk I was playing with unsurprisingly.

The scoreboard integration is fecking great, on the circuit select screen pressing the blue button cycles through the different boards; Overall, Friends List, Car Club and Local (this last one is every time done on that event on your own XBox, regardless of car).

I had a wee bash at the vynils, with the right amount of time spent here you could make some nifty looking cars. I can see myself spending as much time in this bit as actually racing :).

Hopefully some of you get it today and can maybe play this evening, if not it'll be Friday/this weekend.

Just came in from college to see my copy lying on the ground 8) I'll have a quick bash just now and maybe pop online later tonight :)

These games are starting to get on my t*ts. So much to do, so many courses to complete etc - suppose they have to be like this at the price. I still haven't played a car game though that feels like the real thing. It always feels a little unresponsive. Saying that, I'm not an expert like some of you guys (respect is due) and I don't really want to put in the time analysing what is at the end of the day a game.Makes for interesting reading though.:D

The racing line makes it a LOT easier!

My copy of the game was also lying in my hallway when I got home for dinner. Might squeeze a bit of time in on it now and get my car picked

Evo-Webs Car Club was set up this morning, invites to the select few I know have the gamve have been sent out

I intend to go and buy it in a bit, so send one my way ;)

Yep I have the game so fire me an invite as well please Chris, if you haven't already done so.

Its a great game, really enjoying it. However has anyone seen how shocking the manual is?? I swear someone has done a find and replace on "c" and replaced it with "fi". A example web site from the manual www.xbox.fion/fionefit. Which is meant to be www.xbox.com/connect! lol :)

Chris, plan swappadoodle has gone off without a hitch. ;)

So I now how have my copy of Forza. :mrgreen:

dar83 said:
Chris, plan swappadoodle has gone off without a hitch. ;)

So I now how have my copy of Forza. :mrgreen:

Good to hear that your fiendish plan went as planned

I have to say the game is sweet, the fact that all these arses always bash into me, the game play is quite good, but I think the line that tells you when to slow down makes it toooo easy.

good graphics though.

You can turn the driving line off and I would advise you to as soon as you have a couple of races under your belt

Mikey said:
The graphics look kinda cartoonish compared to Gran Turismo 4. Anyway, is the game good? Maybe I could get it myself..

I havent seen one bad review for it and I have read em all. For me its great

Good good good. I haven't been on Live much lately due to me not liking any of my games that much. Hopefully online play isn't just a contest of who can bash the other drivers off the track the best like PGR2.

Last edited:
Mikey the screenshots around dont really portray the game's graphics. The graphics are actually very very good. At first i thought the graphics looked shit in reviews/previews but then they were much better while actually playing.

My only problem is that there is no real sense of speed, well not yet.

Back
Top Bottom