Forza Motorsport

I cant believe the shocking accusations that I dont drive fair, I have never heard such a ridiculous thing in all my life!!

ClassicD said:
"I prefer to call it leaning Classic"

[-X

If I don't lean then, how come I get races with Clean Race Kudos then? If you hit someone too hard you lose your Clean Race, if however your side to side racing and you lean your clean race stays intact! ;) Anyhow Classic in one of the races in Chicago you were turning into me, however I held steady and as we were travelling at a high speed, you got a speed wobble and spun out all on your own, not much I could do about that! ;)

That was the incident I was talking about. We were side by side in Vipers and I was moving in towards you, but I swear there was loads of room left for you I was just trying to give myself as good a chance of taking the oncoming left-hander as possible, I don't put people into walls, maybe because you use the in-car view you didn't see the gap as well as the outside view would have shown.

Leaning my arse, you ought to have heard the vitriol in this man's voice when CW besmirched him early on in the evening. :lol:

Actually Holio, hitting someone as hard as you can but without you actually hitting the wall wont lose you your Clean Race bonus. (unless maybe you plow straight into someone as they're stopped after hitting a wall already)
Thats just a nice reason/ excuse dirty bastards like to use to defend themselves against being branded a cock. :D

ClassicD said:
That was the incident I was talking about. We were side by side in Vipers and I was moving in towards you, but I swear there was loads of room left for you I was just trying to give myself as good a chance of taking the oncoming left-hander as possible, I don't put people into walls, maybe because you use the in-car view you didn't see the gap as well as the outside view would have shown.

Ah ok, I thought you were talking about a race in Edinburgh, in that race all I saw was your front right wheel turn towards my 'bumper' as such, then the next thing you were cursing me as I saw you spin out in my rear view mirror. But I had just held a straight line I didnt intentionally try to take you out.

ClassicD said:
Leaning my arse, you ought to have heard the vitriol in this man's voice when CW besmirched him early on in the evening. :lol:

Now that was something totally different, in the previous race around Yokohama I believe, cant remember for sure though; Wrighty and me had been racing along side each other in a very tight contest, then into a right handed corner he totally T-Boned my car into the corner, leaving me spun round and all sorts and coming in near last in the race. Next race up I swore Vengenance on him for his totally deliberate henious crime. Hence why racing round KGB Corner I took him out in the same style at the only really tight corner on the track on lap 2, and thus laughed myself all the way to near the end of the race ;)

IGN have 'review copy' now, they posted a 2-page article on it. There is nothing mind-blowingly new in the piece that I can see but at least the fact they have the final code surely means there'll be no further delays.

ClassicD said:
As a matter of interest, how many folk here plan to get this, and if so do you have Live?

I do, the videos I have seen lately make it look quality

I will be too, just cause we can all get on Live and make some road rage incidents.. :D

Holio said:
I will be too, just cause we can all get on Live and make some road rage incidents.. :D

Like you need an excuse

My copy's on pre-order too, didn't try the demo but the IGN review has convinced me. Love anything with an online component *and* a decent rating system (that's what killed PES4 for me). If they've got that right, this is going to be awesome.

Just played the Xbox Demo....and i dont get what all the fuss is about. GT4 imo is much better than this. The gameplay is ok, but I dont really see whats so special.

Milanista said:
Just played the Xbox Demo....and i dont get what all the fuss is about. GT4 imo is much better than this. The gameplay is ok, but I dont really see whats so special.

I played the demo yesterday and to be honest, I hated it. The handling I thought was terrible, and there was no sense of speed, even when bombing down a straight at 150MPH.

played it too @ a friend, it sucks.no idea what all the hype is about.inaccurate car models, bad hanndling, no fun at all.

Think they mean the new one.

Well I heard a certain Mr Chris Wright got the demo and thinks it's good. IGN have a preview of the game's online side up, and the guy writing it is already saying it's going to be the best online racing sim on any system (I know he's going to be biased in favour of XBox games, but he's obviously then including PGR2 in this which IMO currently holds that crown).

Also from the latest movies they've put up it doesn't look slow to me, but someone just gave me the demo as I was typing this so I'm off to try it ;).

:/

Not so sure about this, you guys were right about the speed. The framerate is noticeably poor at times, PGR2 does a better job of the framerate than this does IMO. The poor framerate does make it feel a bit sluggish/slow.

The handling and car models seem fine to me, but I have to say I was expecting a lot more than what they've managed to do, the framerate really hurts the sense of speed.

EDIT - I haven't played the old demo, so I can't say if this is that or a new one. Any way to find out?

Last edited:
Played the demo today and the thing that hits u is the poor framerate which for a racer is just not acceptable, i hope they fix this for release cos if they dont then it will suck big time..Apart from that i do think the handling seems fine to me also, maybe a little light but only hade a few races so far...

Anyone watched the newer Gameplay movies then?

They look quite good I think, and the speed seems to be fine in them. :)

Back
Top Bottom