Forum restructure

Mart

Executive Janitor
Staff
28 February 2002
NYC
Darlington FC
Ladies (you never know) and gents, we're just looking at tweaking the forums structure a bit and would welcome your input in case there are any changes that we haven't thought of.

I'm looking at a couple of changes to the forum setup.

1) Moving "online gaming forum" into a subforum of "Other Games Discussion" - It's not the busiest forum and any online games of PES should go in the relevant PES forum so it fits into "other games" quite nicely.

2) Creating an "Other Football Games" forum. This has recently been requested, mostly in light of FIFA but as this is a PES fansite it makes sense that members are going to be interested in football games in general. Football Manager/SWOS/others would also benefit from a seperate forum I think.

Finally, I'm wondering if the split of PES forums by format is fine as it is or could do with a change. Perhaps splitting up PlayStation a bit into PS3 and PS2/PSP as they will be very different games. That could also result in them becoming fragmented though so any opinions on this would be appreciated.

The forum is looking a lot better now, it's great to have another section to speak about other football games = FIFA 08... :freak:

Thanks, Mart.

The Editing forum just needs to be sorted, too many face threads clog up the forum, maybe a separate section just for faces? Everything else is fine.

The Editing forum just needs to be sorted, too many face threads clog up the forum, maybe a separate section just for faces? Everything else is fine.

Actually, I think that's a good idea. I've always protected the way the editing area is (not) structured and didn't need to have XYZ sub-areas, but face threads really seem to need their own category. I'll do it later.

edit. Done.

Last edited:
Well, this isn't structure related, but the face threads themselves are a mess. They're full of flame wars, stupid little fights, members trying to diss each other etc. Maybe have one separate moderator for the face section?

This forum needs mor eand stricter modding...i'm sick of the flaming between FIFA and PES fans and XBOX-PS fans...bloody useless and juvenile.

And then there are the people who are smart and provoke with their signature...perhaps i'm getting old, but i have the impression that these weeks will provide long lasting "feuds" (i'm not sure if that is good English)...

Your English is perfect, and I have to agree, it's getting worse. It's not just juvenile people either, even if their behaviour is so, I'm quite shocked at how bad it's got.

And the games aren't even out yet, wait until October... I don't remember it being this bad last year, but then I have a disgraceful memory. :)

It wasn't that bad last year (i have a phenomenal memory)...
to be fair i think it's because the people (like me) who always largely preferred PES are getting "panicky"...i try to keep an open mind (although PES means a lot to me, which is ridiculous)and will buy FIFA.
To all these PES fans: the fact that FIFA is that good this year could be the bestthing that has ever happened to PES...

To put this ridiculous discussion into perspective:

While being in France i read an interview with Sony's Europe top boss: he'w convinced that the best nextgen footy will come from a third party and will include 11vs 11 online...

And then there are the people who are smart and provoke with their signature...

yeah, i've always hated them type of signatures.
this forum isn't the same, and never will be.
it used to be a haven for editors, and the community felt more close-knit.

dont forget Evo-webs average age used to be about 23-30 so alot have people have just grown out of games and editing

Back
Top Bottom