Formula1

It will be like 2014 for me where i will end up paying like $200/$300 dollars to watch the canadian grand prix in montreal then not even bother to watch any of the other races at all.

I realized when traveling you can't follow F1 properly. :LOL:

I had same problem through summer last 3-4 years where my summer job would clash with time when races are. But I managed somehow :D

Renault have revealed their livery for 2016. Nothing special, but at least they won't be black, grey, silver or dark blue
CdqEC6xWIAA5gqt.jpg

Results from practice 1 and 2. There was a lot of rain throughout both sessions so that is why not everyone has posted a time and why times of those who managed to post them are a bit slow

CdzILt3VIAA3bP7.jpg:large

Cd0AHa-W8AAZdMO.jpg:large

After yesterday's disaster of qualifying when 4 minutes before end everyone except 2 Mercedes cars decided to not run again + confusion with how knocking out of drivers is working teams have unanimously decided to revert back to system used in last few seasons from next race onwards.

Race results
12191110_573101769513476_5502577155395103831_o.jpg

A bit disappointing at the end, Ferrari were 1-2 before 1st stops after which they were 1-3. Then there was a red flag because of big shunt between Gutierrez and Alonso when Ferrari did make a mistake with tires and that gave a win to Mercedes

I think yesterday the accident and red flag ruined what would of been a much better race.

Vettel would of won without the red flag.

But on evidence of Melbourne the season might be more exciting although Mercedes are going to walk the title again.

After yesterday's disaster of qualifying when 4 minutes before end everyone except 2 Mercedes cars decided to not run again + confusion with how knocking out of drivers is working teams have unanimously decided to revert back to system used in last few seasons from next race onwards.

Vettel walking around in jeans was deliberate IMO, job well done.

Few team bosses claimed that they had voted in favour of that system because they were worried that if it didn't pass Bernie would implement his idea of top 10 starting in a reverse order from that at the end of qualifying. Is there truth in those claims, we would probably never know

Well...nearly. Thx Bernie.:RANT:

Yeah just red about it...teams agreed to revert back to 2015 system but Bernie and Todt pushed another vote between the system used in Melbourne or a system where Q1 and Q2 would be like in Melbourne with Q3 as in 2015...teams couldn't unanimously agree on which one and nothing changed...

After medical checks at Bahrain International Circuit's medical center doctors have advised Alonso not to drive in Bahrain GP. He has fractured a rib and they fear that if exposed to high G-Force it could puncture his lungs. Stoffel Vandoorne will substitute for him this weekend. Alonso will also have to submit to another examination before Chinese GP where doctors will decide if he is fit to drive in China.

Race results
12473947_582897775200542_3701296364974078654_o.jpg

Jolyon Palmer lost hydraulic pressure before the start of formation lap and his mechanics weren't able to fix the issue.
Sebastian Vettel lost his engine in quite a smokey fashion half way through a formation lap.

Raikkonen had bad start, with Hamilton yet again outran by Rosberg to the T1. Bottas and Hamilton collided into T1 and both had some damage to their cars with Bottas receiving drive through.

Jean Todt and Bernie Ecclestone didn't want to revert but were vetoed by the teams.

There was nothing really wrong with Qualifying and it didn't need changing, but then I prefered the old Qualifying where everyone had 12 laps within a session as if it rained after 10 minutes it was the only way we had a messed up grid - this is something that never happens now.

Been a long time since we had Rubens in a Jordan qualify on pole because he happened to be the only driver to do a dry lap.

I have to admit I hated the time trial qualifying from time ago with everyone driving only one timed lap but at the moment, I would love to see it again.

No, didn't like it and still don't like this idea. I like the old and now current system the best. It gives you a benefit when you did good in one of the earlier Qs even, when you then screw up in the last session. On the other hand you cannot just gamble and do one good round but have to deliver constant good rounds.

“The World Motor Sport Council today approved, via e-vote, the decision to revert to last season’s qualification format for the remainder of the 2016 FIA Formula One World Championship,” the FIA announced in a statement.

“The format, where the slowest six cars are eliminated at the end of the first two qualifying sessions before a final ten-car shoot-out for pole in Q3, will return for this weekend’s Chinese Grand Prix.”

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2016/04/11/elimination-qualifying-officially-dropped/

Didn't expect the Red Bull that good. Kimi on the other would have had a better race without his collision with Vettel. The Haas performance was a bit of a let-down and the first two strong GPs.

Interesting side fact: If I remember correct the German commentary it was only the fifth time in history that all cars that started also reached the finish line.

Ferrari is the best car of F1 every year they just push the team to not win this.
Don´t compare Ferrari to all other cars, please give me a break.
Ferrari won 7 times with Michael Schumacher, and all the cars have the same quality as the older one's they not win because they are affraid to push so much in the car because they don´t wanna see the tires off all over.
Mercedes in first with big advanced and all other cars running together? Please give me a break!
This F1 always a Big Scam!
If Ferrari wants to shut off F1, they can do it right now.

If you don´t agreed go see the money can Ferrari have now compared to all the others.
Poor Mercedes is worst then BMW and Audi at the same time.

Last edited:
Ferrari is the best car of F1 every year they just push the team to not win this.
Don´t compare Ferrari to all other cars, please give me a break.
Ferrari won 7 times with Michael Schumacher, and all the cars have the same quality as the older one's they not win because they are affraid to push so much in the car because they don´t wanna see the tires off all over.
Mercedes in first with big advanced and all other cars running together? Please give me a break!
This F1 always a Big Scam!
If Ferrari wants to shut off F1, they can do it right now.

If you don´t agreed go see the money can Ferrari have now compared to all the others.
Poor Mercedes is worst then BMW and Audi at the same time.
You alright mate?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

technical regulations changes for 2017 are all but confirmed according to BBC. Cars will have different looks to them compared to 2014-2016 period, tires will be wider to provide more mechanical grip in corners and there will be an effort to get all of the 4 engines inside 0.3 seconds per lap (on simulated track) before the season starts.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/36099501

In other news, Hungaroring has extended its contract to host F1 race until 2026 and to "celebrate" they have resurfaced the whole track, replaced all (almost 4km) of curbs and they'll put a new grass around the track. If Hungarian government approves funding they will also modernize pit complex, paddock and stands.
hungaroring-resurfacing.jpg

Sepang in Malaysia is also getting its first modifications since its opening in 1999. Layout of some corners was modified to promote overtaking (most notably T1-T2 complex and last corner) while others received minimal change in banking to stop rivers being formed in the rain. Whole track is being resurfaced as well and all work will be completed in time to host both F1 and MotoGP later this year. All design work was done by Italian company Dromo (I was honestly surprised that Tilke wasn't given this job, especially since Sepang was his 2nd F1 track after A1-Ring)
CgFzADHUsAA0qdE.jpg:large

CfnJnowVAAAAyTf.jpg:large

There are also some reports that Ferrari will bring new ICE (internal combusion engine) component for both drivers in Russia which will see them spending 3 of their remaining 9 development tokens. They made some changes on combustion chamber which together with new fuel from Shell should make combustion more efficient, provide more power and produce exhaust gasses of larger volume which would help in harvesting electrical energy from MGU-H.

The Hungaroring in my eyes is one of the most boring circuits in the calendar, at least for spectators, drivers always claim it is a nice track to drive on. I don't like it however for it's lack of overtaking possibilities...

Back
Top Bottom