1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Formula 1's Lewis Hamilton is racially abused

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Plan M, 4 February 2008.

1. Plan M

Plan M Banned

27 September 2007
    Manchester United
    Anyone watch the news tonight?

[​IMG]

Yep, Spanish people again (for anyone who remembers Spain v England and the "monkey chants" when one of our black players touched the ball.)

When will it all stop? It's pathetic.

2. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    How the fuck did they even get in?

3. Plan M

Plan M Banned

27 September 2007
    Manchester United
    Fuck knows, some of the staff must of thought it was funny. Wankers.

4. Jumbo_

Jumbo_ -

17 August 2006
    Manchester
    Manchester United
    Didn't think Spain would be so backwards.

5. Plan M

Plan M Banned

27 September 2007
    Manchester United
    Racism is still rife in certain parts of Spain and Italy mate. Backwards fuckers indeed.

6. BobbyBox

BobbyBox WING NUT!

10 October 2003
    Arsenal
    Its a disgrace!! did they even get kicked out?!

They should have been arrested for that shit.

7. The_Special_One

The_Special_One #helpmemeetgenie

17 August 2007
    Lovely Estoril
    #geniearmy
    I think is not a question of racism. The main reason is Fernando Alonso. Spanish guys don't accept that Lewis is better than Fernando.

8. Abhishek

Abhishek Best player in the world

29 January 2006
    India
    Liverpool
    I think it's a bit of both. Spanish fans hate Lewis, because of the whole McLaren saga, but Spain has had many incidents of racism in the past, such as the Eto monkey chants.

This is absolutely pathetic in my opinion. They can't accept the fact that Alonso is in fact a pussy.

9. BobbyBox

BobbyBox WING NUT!

10 October 2003
    Arsenal
    When they paint them self black and write 'Hamiltons Family' on their shirts and think it is funny and obviously a put down to him for being black - then it is completely and wholy Racist!!

It doesn't matter the reason why they did it - They did it and it was Racist.

10. matherto

matherto 12 Times

13 October 2004
    St. Helens, Merseyside.
    Manchester United
    Disgusting. Spain has not a minor, but a major problem with racism I think, needs sorting out.

Alolnso is a dickhead an'all.

11. Clockender

Clockender is back...but for how long?

27 November 2001
    East Lower, Block 13
    Arsenal FC
    If Hamilton's fans had turned up with fake tans, big moustaches and holding straw donkeys then there would have been up roar as that would be seen as joke against the Spaniards. This would be racist as well.

This incident has really disgusted me.

12. gomito#10

gomito#10 World Cup Winner

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    mate cmon.. its clearly racisist. if they dont accept lewis is better then fernando then have signs they say

"lewis sucks"

end of story..

but instead.. we get this bullshit racist ignorance

13. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Alonso is a great racer, has proven to be great when he is the leading racer for his team.

14. papapaopogi

papapaopogi League 1

24 June 2007
    [​IMG]

im not a big lewis fan, me still think hes an arrogant prick... but this is clearly very wrong...

15. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    :shock: Oh thats ok then.

16. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    And they didn't even spell family right the pricks.

17. Jumbo_

Jumbo_ -

17 August 2006
    Manchester
    Manchester United
    I saw a picture in the paper today of the guys when they weren't 'blacked up' so they must have taken the shit in with them and that's how they didnt get caught by security.

18. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    How can you think Lewis Hamilton is arrogant? He's one of the most down to earth, shyest people about

19. matherto

matherto 12 Times

13 October 2004
    St. Helens, Merseyside.
    Manchester United
    No, he IS an arrogant prick.

He's also a posh, up his own arse prick.

He also thinks he's 'gangsta' and he's just not.

I hated both McLaren drivers last year to an extent (ALOLnso a lot more though).

20. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    I agree with Matherto. The interviews I've seen of Lewis have shown him as an arrogant guy!

21. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    :nono:

22. Rade

Rade Conference

23 May 2003
    Brittish media brainwashing english people, I'm talking about that picture. You see that and thinks "that's has to be a really big insult (and racist of course) to put a black box over it".

¿You know what word is under that black box?. "Chancla", in english "flip flop".

The banner says:
    "Hamilton
    you speak to much
    flipflopmouth"

"flipflopmouth" it's not an insult at all. It means "loudmouth".

[​IMG]

23. Ret KiT

Ret KiT Premiership

25 March 2007
    that picture is funny but racist nonetheless so it shouldn't be funny , i thought that spanish and black people got along pretty well :roll:

24. gomito#10

gomito#10 World Cup Winner

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    thats fine, its the blackface that i think insulted him

25. BobbyBox

BobbyBox WING NUT!

10 October 2003
    Arsenal
    Nah Spanish people are quite Racist - the most racist thing I saw was when I was in Barcelona with my school - we were on the train and a guy just spat on a kid from my class - The only black kid in the group and shouted at him. He was a mean looking fucker.

All the kid was doing was standing there talking to someone.

Crazy!! it really shocked me - I was 14 at the time I think.

26. Rade

Rade Conference

23 May 2003
    And all English people are drunk holligans because every international football match... [​IMG]

27. BobbyBox

BobbyBox WING NUT!

10 October 2003
    Arsenal
    Yeah a bit of a generalisation on my part - sorry.

But I really haven't seen anything that bad. Also with all the stuff happening at football matches aswell and now with Hamilton. Also with the Spanish coach calling Henry a black shit and not much being done about it.

But No not all Spanish people are - I stand corrected. But The Spanish Society seems more accepting of racism.

When they do racist chanting - the fines Spanish clubs get are laughable!

28. bebo

bebo Looking for a Manager

25 July 2005
    Arsenal Thread
    The Arsenal FC
    Well, racism is everywhere but that is bold act do to. I`m sure a few had a laugh . They should of been removed imagine if the dress up like Arab/Muslim that whole country would of jump them.Spain is a nice place my wife is from there.

29. BobbyBox

BobbyBox WING NUT!

10 October 2003
    Arsenal
    Spain is a wonderful country with wonderful people. I loved Barcelona - One of the greatest Cities in the world.

But They need to eradicate the racism - They need to be harder on people that are racist in public view.

Teams that allow their supporters to chant such stuff should have heavy sentances - that actually mean something.

30. PetrovLFC

PetrovLFC Raul!

13 March 2005
    NW London
    Liverpool
    and its still rife here in parts. A bit unfair to criticise the nation of spain when its down to a (although sizeable) minority.