Forget all the moaning.

OK, here are the things I've done so far that have improved the framerate (for me at least):

1. If you have a 1080i/p capable TV, use the Playstation settings to force the PS to use 720p. If not, the PS may transmit at 1080i/p when it detects that your TV is capable (even though the game is only 720p).

2. Install the game onto the hard disk.

3. Turn off stadium animations.

4. Turn off the player name boxes etc. I just have the time, the score and the radar on. Everything else is off. I was quite surprised at the difference this made actually.

With these settings, I find that there is sometimes very slight (and I mean very slight) slowdown and occasional picture tearing when using the more graphic intensive stadiums with the patterned grass.

If you use the better stadiums e.g. Konami without any grass patterns (which you can choose to do on exhibition mode) I can't detect any slowdown or tearing at all. :)

Hope this helps someone.

Pro-G said:
We gave Konami's UK office a call posing as a customer to ask what the publisher would be doing to combat the problems. We were told that a patch was being worked on that would not only attempt to improve offline play but also online play. However, Konami does not have a timeframe on when that patch will be released.

Good find roofio86

Thanks for that. :thumbup:

Interestin news roofio86. I'm glad about that cause after playin 5 or so games now I can deffo say it's more han noticeable, at least for me anyway, but...

I gotta say I'm likin it. :) It feels such a more meaty game than PES6 did. the ball feels weighty and the shooting feels nice although I'm still without a 1 on 1 goal that the keeper aint got something on. I was expectin to be in fits of rage about it by now, but I think it's a very playable game indeed. Slowdown issue is only big downer on the experience which I'm sure konami will fix in time oh and the fact of I wish keepers would hold onto more balls, but that thats just bein picky. Overall I aint dissapointed, far from it. It's a PES I wanna play and am glad I took the plunge and purchased it. I think it's alot more of a different game than I expected from reviews etc and I'm an unexpectdly happy customer.

P.S Will try dungbeetles advice. I know for certain PS3's set to 720p

I aint. I found it increased the slowdown for me, but I'm yet to try the suggestions. Gf has tv tied up atm, pfft.

Right ok. I tried out your suggestions dungbeetle. There defintely seems an improvement. I still see slowdown dependin on the stadium used as already mentioned, but I scored 2 cracckers not long after I applied settins so I'm very happy with it. It'll do until a patch is released :)

Cheers!

So how many versions of this game do you think Konami will churn out before we have a decent next gen game with hardly any bugs, plenty of additional features and no slowdown? Maybe in another 6 or 7 years eh? Just like the PS2 version?

I love this game because it's the best out there, but only because there isn't any competition. Konami are ripping the piss out of us.

I only get slowdowns on entrance scene, replays and penalties which doesn't bother me.I think the gameplay is great and I'm enjoying it much more than pes6 so far, I think it's a better version overall(talking about the ps3 version of course)...

1. If you have a 1080i/p capable TV, use the Playstation settings to force the PS to use 720p. If not, the PS may transmit at 1080i/p when it detects that your TV is capable (even though the game is only 720p).

That is rubbish mate - if the telly says it's getting 720p then it's getting 720p so there's no need for this. All your other points, I agree with, however I still keep player name plates on, else it's just too weird.

I second what snowman said.

The framerate issue is obviously apparent in the cutscenes and replays etc but during play on wide mode there is a slight drop every now and then but I really cannot say that it impacts on the gameplay and I havent even installed it on my PS3 yet.

The gaming experience overall has been excellent! I just scored a last minute goal, which was saved literally millimetres over the goal line and came back out off the post but of course was given. Oh the drama! :P

First mate well said, alot of people have been put off this game buy all the moaning by people, pes 5s slowdown was worse than this and it didn't get this much moaning, personally i make my own mind up from personal experience, took a couple of games to get use to it as i had fifa 08 as a stop-gap but now PES is here.

Oh wanted to add one thing. The soundtrack to the game is fucking turd. The songs on menus etc are shocking, but so bad you can actually laugh at them.
Listen out for the Football, Soccer, tune. I was pissing myself.

i have to agree i was :lmao: when i heard it

Iv read that if you force the ps3 to display in 720p rather than 1080i and 1080p it runs with no slowdown, need someone to confirm this though...

on the back of the game box of any ps3 game it has the screen resolutions that the game are best played at, PES is 720p, if you use 1080i or 1080p it has to upscale it like when playing ps2 games on yor ps3.

Umm it's under display setting, you then choose HDMI and then you have 4 mode
496p
720p
---
1080p

You can try each one (I dont remember what the third is) and then select them if they work)

1080i is the third

I aint. I found it increased the slowdown for me, but I'm yet to try the suggestions. Gf has tv tied up atm, pfft.

i use normal long and i get no slowdown in gameplay, that includes the Bernabau. cut scenes and replays are better but slowdown is noticable

Last edited:
the playstation wont upscale resolutions. it automatically changes to the resolution the game is designed for. on my tv it tells me what hd resolution the channel is in, when i start the ps3 up it says 1080p, when the game starts it changes to 720p.

the playstation wont upscale resolutions. it automatically changes to the resolution the game is designed for. on my tv it tells me what hd resolution the channel is in, when i start the ps3 up it says 1080p, when the game starts it changes to 720p.

yeah i have noticed that, when i turn my ps3 and tv on it comes up 1080i/60hz but then when i start PES3 and other certain games it automatically selects 720p/60hz

im playing on a normal tv (not HD) and the slowdown and genral jumpiness of the animations turns what would be the best pes yet into a game that is really pi**in me off, because i know i cant getr the best out of the game!! i dont understand why they didnt delay the game until it was ready, because the code is brilliant movement off the ball and genrall game play. but it def wasnt ready to be released!

especially as i bought a ps3 and pro last night im well gutted!!!

im playing on a normal tv (not HD) and the slowdown and genral jumpiness of the animations turns what would be the best pes yet into a game that is really pi**in me off, because i know i cant getr the best out of the game!! i dont understand why they didnt delay the game until it was ready, because the code is brilliant movement off the ball and genrall game play. but it def wasnt ready to be released!

especially as i bought a ps3 and pro last night im well gutted!!!

the patch might help. whenever it comes out.

I've only noticed slowdown on replays and entrance scenes but as far as the football side of it is concerned its fine and i love the speed of the game it suits me perfect. Im just waiting for kits etc so i can start owning the ML

Back
Top Bottom