Forget all the moaning.

Mark1981470

Conference
4 May 2005
Got my ps3 copy this morning and installed it to the HD straight away. Played my first exhibition expecting the worst and found it hard to see what all the complaining is about. I played at the Konami stadium and got no slowdown during the game at all. not once. There is some during the replays but i couldnt care less to be honest, i always flick past the replays anyway. If there is one i want to watch just wait for the replay where you can control the camera and you can watch your move in nice smooth slow motion, cures the slowdown.

The game is easier, especially if you dribble a lot. I played United vs Atletico and Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo can beat players easily. Next game i changed the difficulty to Professional and had a great 2-0 win over Liverpool. The game feels great, it is faster but that always suited my style of play anyway, you can play some really beautiful counter-attacking football.

The commentary is also pretty good too which was a surprise. The past few pro evo games i've always just turned the sound down and played while i listened to some tunes but not on this one. John Champion is great, fits perfectly. Lawrenson less so, but hes rubbish on match of the day anyway so its probably quite realistic.

All the bad stuff and moaning you've heard in the build up soon goes away once you start playing believe me. Some of the horror stories i read before the game are so exaggerated its laughable.

Now i'm off to play with edit mode and wait for a decent OF so i can start my master league.

Oh wanted to add one thing. The soundtrack to the game is fucking turd. The songs on menus etc are shocking, but so bad you can actually laugh at them.
Listen out for the Football, Soccer, tune. I was pissing myself.

I'm glad you like it and i hope i will have the same opinion...i'll play it this evening.
In other threads people would consider you a moron for liking the game...they are wrong...even if the game is bad...

I'm glad you like it and i hope i will have the same opinion...i'll play it this evening.
In other threads people would consider you a moron for liking the game...they are wrong...even if the game is bad...

the thing is, every game is down to personal taste. A good game or a bad game is purely subjective so you really have to form your own opinion. But dont let the slowdown and horror stories put you off trying it.

Kind of what I've wanted to read all along. Pro is Pro at the end of the day, love it or hate it. It's never been perfect, always had rubbish music, always had pokey front end, always had below par visuals compared to rivals.

All that just melts away when you play and appreciate this awesome footy game, and I've been hoping beyond hoping that the same was true this year. You've settled my nerves Mark, nice one \\:o/

just scored a beautiful, tevez to rooney goal with john champion calling it perfectly. im loving it mate.

Just responded this to some cock moaning about the game, and i wanted to add my response here too as it echoes the sentiment of mark.

i got the game yesterday, and i was really disgusted with with menu's and the jerky replays and the pixelated crowds in-game....but, you know what, the actual FOOTBALL, you know, the reason why you buy a FOOTBALL game, is the best yet. I don't care about flaming responses i will get from some morons, because it won't change my mind, i just want to be the ying to the overwhelming yang out there.

Pro Evo has ALWAYS been behind FIFA for options, game elements, visuals etc, but has ALWAYS been in front on actual gameplay. This version is no different.

For the first time in years i actually bought FIFA 08 and i found it so poor i took it back 2 days later.

PES 2008 is dissappointing on a lot of ASTHETIC levels, no doubt, but jesus christ it's a football game, not an lesson in art or visuals.

Play the damn football and love it.

The commentary is the most improved thing about the game, really is SO much better.

It's not a bad game at all but us folks who have been playing Konami football since ISS days are rightly a little disappointed by this latest version in my opinion. They haven't even bothered to update the individual reports for players after games FFS! I mean how long would that little touch have taken? 10 minutes?

It's the little touches like that and the ever present bugs that could all have been easily sorted but Konami haven't bothered their arse. I feel that they could easily release a true "evolution" of this game with a new master league format and all the bugs fixed etc. but they wont. Why? Well, because we'll all buy the game anyway so why bother devoting too much time to fixing it?

What Konami needs is proper competition from FIFA or somewhere else. No one is even coming close at the moment though and THAT is why we've ended up with little more than an update. Again.

Can I ask, what visual settins are you using and what TV do you have? Perhaps this infomation could help others to cure their slowdown problems...

What is all this about installing the game on the HD.

How exactly, do you do that. Sorry if it is a stupid question.

Whether you are happy with how the game has turned out or not, the one thing I get from all the posts on these forums, is that we all want the game to be great.

That's why we're here, after all.

Even those who complain and vent their anger and disappointment in their posts are only really doing so because they know PES is good and could so easily be great.

I honestly think we're all coming from the same place at the end of the day.

:)

Apparently the PS3 can access a game on it's hard drive a little bit quicker than from the DVD, so if the game is installed onto the hard drive it may help frame rate issues.

I'm not sure, but I think there's an option in the PES game menus somewhere to install the game onto the hard disk, but I don't have the game yet so I can't say for sure.

yeah you can go to the system setting and install some of the files onto your HD. Speeds the game up.

Can I ask, what visual settins are you using and what TV do you have? Perhaps this infomation could help others to cure their slowdown problems...

Playing on my 42" 1080p Aquos with default visual settings, havent turned anything down.

Iv read that if you force the ps3 to display in 720p rather than 1080i and 1080p it runs with no slowdown, need someone to confirm this though...

if someone can confirm forcing 720p works w/o slowdown, i´m gonna buy the ps3 version, too.

the game only plays at 720p, and theres no slowdown for me.

One huge tip though. Dont let the computer control any of your formation settings. Change it to manual, you will leak less goals and have much more control over things. Makes the game feel much better.

I run it at 720p, install it on HDD, turn off the option like in the old ps, I think it's environemental Setting and I'm on semi-final wihtout seeing any slowdown.

the only things that I really dislike atm are no PEShop and no World Tour mode. Only the classical PES mode, find it a little lame personnaly.

How do you set the PS3 to run it in 720p mode?

Umm it's under display setting, you then choose HDMI and then you have 4 mode
496p
720p
---
1080p

You can try each one (I dont remember what the third is) and then select them if they work)

Umm it's under display setting, you then choose HDMI and then you have 4 mode
496p
720p
---
1080p

You can try each one (I dont remember what the third is) and then select them if they work)

Cool.

Thanks, Kimky. :thumbup:

Some of you guys may already know this, but I've just found out that there is a detailed online PS3 manual here:

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/index.html

This has a lot more detail than the Quick Reference guide that comes with the PS3.

It might come in handy if you want to try different settings or just know what settings are available.

Cheers
d :)
Isnt that the manual taht comes when you're in your ps3 link and that you use the manual link ?

Isnt that the manual taht comes when you're in your ps3 link and that you use the manual link ?

I'm not sure Kimky, 'cos I don't have my PS3 connected to the internet. I connected to the website using my PC.

It quite possibly is the same though.

Give it a shot and see if it is the same. :)

SLOW DOWN MANIA, PES was once about great fluency in the gameplay, and the slowdown is really killing the enjoyment of game, rather less eye candy, and more fluency. It doesn't make the game unplayable, but its just not the same fantastic game i love. I played the Pes 2008 demo on the PC, and was able to tweak the graphics down, and create flow. But you cannot do anything on the PS3, you are stuck with the slowdowns

I saw a interview with Seabass telling that PS3 was the primary release platform, doesnt feel like it.....

big big big shame

Alot of people are really exagerating the the slowdowns, I only experience it in replays & i never whatch the replays anyway.

One thing which is annoying me though, it doesn't feel like PES. It feels like fifa.

SLOW DOWN MANIA, PES was once about great fluency in the gameplay, and the slowdown is really killing the enjoyment of game, rather less eye candy, and more fluency. It doesn't make the game unplayable, but its just not the same fantastic game i love. I played the Pes 2008 demo on the PC, and was able to tweak the graphics down, and create flow. But you cannot do anything on the PS3, you are stuck with the slowdowns

I saw a interview with Seabass telling that PS3 was the primary release platform, doesnt feel like it.....

big big big shame

i just played world cup final at the bernabeu and didnt get any slow down at all.

Back
Top Bottom