Football Superstars (MMO)

No. :)

I might buy a new card if it's that good, but it would have to be pretty amazing for me to shell out on something for one game.

Yeah, congratulating me on getting in.

I seriously think they've missed the part about my crappy old GeForce 6600. I doubt I'll be able to get past the intro. :eh:
They said the game would run on PCs that are a few years old, that card should run it fine I reckon, my 6600 on my XP computer ran most of my games well, Vista sucks all the RAM though, I think I need another 1 or 2 GB of it, I get slowdowns in the same games that ran with my 6600 card (I now have 7500LE).

Congratulations on getting in the beta, I hope you enjoy the game.
I won't mind that much if I don't get into the beta as the full game will be free anyway, but it would be a bonus if I did get to play it early.

I'm sure I can say if I like it or not, so you'll know from my reactions if I think it's real competition to FIFA/PES or not. :)

I'm sure I can say if I like it or not, so you'll know from my reactions if I think it's real competition to FIFA/PES or not. :)

Well, do you like it or not? :))

I entered for beta-testing too but didn't get chosen, oh well, could be because my primary language isn't English.

Well, do you like it or not? :))

I entered for beta-testing too but didn't get chosen, oh well, could be because my primary language isn't English.
They're only choosing UK-based people at the moment, but they've said they will be picking people internationally in the future (including those who have already applied).

How does Jay Bee get into every friggin beta testing pool!??
Because I've been (briefly) employed by two different games developers, now three or four if you count these beta-testing jobs, in the past. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't have got in. But I genuinely didn't think I would have got in with my ancient graphics card.

Because he has no life ;)).
Yeah I don't. I wish I had one though. Then I'd have to play 5v5 on FIFA rather than 10v10 in this, with individual cups and competitions against decent guys all with different levels of skill, all online and not offline like it will be in FIFA 09 bar one-off 5v5 friendlies, which I know is what you've always wanted. *Sigh* Oh well. :(

Last edited:
What I meant was that it counts as a job when applying for beta-testing. That's not the job I was talking about getting the other day you doughnut. I have actually worked for EA in Warrington before it was closed, and Sony in Liverpool, albeit briefly.

Last edited:
I didn't get into a beta for years, until FML - they usually pick the guys who have beta-tested before. I was a bit creative and said I'd beta-tested Metal Gear Online as well ( which technically I have, even if it is a public beta ;) ).

Hi folks, I'm the Community Lead for Football Superstars. Been doing some Googling today to see who's been talking about us and found this thread! Seems we've generated a bit of excitement and debate!

Those of you speculating about the control system have nothing to worry about. Yes, the control system is very different to PES and FIFA but so is the game! You will be able to play FS with a joypad if you really want to, but after you've used the (default) keyboard and mouse method you'll want to stick with it. The controls are very similar to the sort of thing you might be used to in FPS games, but you'll be surprised by just how intuitive it is for a football game! When I first sat down with the game I was very quickly able to make my avatar do exactly what I wanted him to do without any prior instruction about the controls!

Congratulations to those of you here who got into the first phase of the beta (but you might want to be a little less vocal about it - NDA and all ;) ). We've only accepted 250 of our thousands of applicants at this stage but we will be bringing more people on board as we expand the number of testers over the coming weeks. It's not too late to apply either. The beta application form is available at http://www.footballsuperstars.com

Now that I've found this place I'd be very happy to hang around and answer any questions. Just let me know :)

Welcome to Evo-Web :)

What are the system specs needed to play?

Hi, I have a few questions, I posted them on Football Superstars forums but they didn't get noticed so I will copy and paste them here:

Will you have to do training at scheduled times, and if so will the performance in these affect whether you get put in the team? It would be a bit much to have to do it every day at a specific time (because of time zones and other commitments etc.) but having to do some would be good, even better if when you trained and another team member was too you could have a kick about with them.

Leading on from that - will there be a manager who selects the team? AI or human controlled, I think there needs to be some management going on, like if you play well for a lesser team then you should be targetted by bigger teams. What about not turning up at match time? That should affect the manager's opinion of you and your chances of getting in the team.

The camera angle and controls - Will they be editable? A camera behind the player in 3rd person would be good for shooting and dribbling, but seeing a player in space on the far side of the pitch or behind you would be very difficult, a level of individuality needs to be there (by that I mean you need to feel as if you are playing the role of the player, and not the team) but also a way of seeing the rest of your players easily.

As this game will be played online, what measures will be taken to keep away cheats, hackers, insulting or unsporting people? Too many games nowadays are ruined by these types of people and something with as much potential as this game should not be spoiled by a few idiots. Let's try to keep this game as fair as possible by kicking out people who don't play fair and do things like staying up front all game (as a defender/midfielder), scoring own goals (on purpose), ball hogging etc.

The City - I understand that a city to home thousands of users simultaneously would be almost impossible to make and would have to be very big (sacrificing a level of detail I imagine), but how interactive will the city be? What activities are there other than football? How will you get around the city?

Costs - I understand that a project such as this deserves financial rewards, but please do not go down the route of "gold", "pro", "premium" etc accounts, I am willing to pay a one-off fee, but a lot of people are put off by different membership levels/monthly fees/paying for in-game items.

Cheers for the welcome :)

The system specifications given to our potential beta testers are as follows, but it is possible that they may change before the full launch:

Min Spec:
• nVidia Geforce 4 with 128MB (or ATI equivalent)
• 1.8GHz Intel Pentium CPU (or AMD equivalent)
• 512MB RAM
• 2GB Hard Disk space
• Windows XP with DirectX9

Recommended:
• nVidia Geforce 8600 with 256MB (or ATI equivalent)
• 2.4GHz Intel Core2 Duo CPU (or AMD equivalent)
• 2GB RAM
• 2GB Hard Disk space
• Windows XP or Windows Vista

You won't be obligated to train at specific times. It's totally up to you when you want to train, or whether you want to train at all! Always best to keep yourself match-fit though! You will be able to have kickabouts with team-mates or anyone you fancy having a kickabout with for that matter.

When you begin the game you will be playing for one of 14 FS Clubs and competitive matches will be a case of flagging yourself as up for a match and waiting for the necessary amount of players from your team to flag up with you as well as an equal number of players registered with another FS Club. Once you're all set you'll be teleported to the pitch - as such there is no set time for matches either and you can play all day long if you like! There will also be player-managed clubs which will be Football Superstars' equivalent of clans or guilds in traditional MMOs and the manager and his or her staff will have more of a say in who gets the shirt.

The controls are editable, but I'm confident that the set-up we've established will suit you down to the ground. They've been thoroughly tested and the football client is ace :D - Your vision won't be hindered at all by the camera as it's fully controllable. You can be running up the wing and swivel your camera to see who's in the box waiting for a cross and it all feels totally natural. You'll love it, I promise :)

There will be anti-cheat tech involved to keep the 1337 hax0rz at bay and the QA department is on a daily basis trying to batter the game to pieces to find any exploitable bugs so they can be patched up ahead of launch. I'm sure you'll understand that it's hard to automatically detect unsporting behaviour but there will be an easy-to-use kickvoting system so anyone being a nuisance shouldn't last long. The player rating system is set up to discourage players from constantly chasing the ball or leaving their position to glory-hunt in front of goal. Defenders will be rewarded for chance-stopping tackles at the back just as much as the strikers will be rewarded for banging in the goals.

There will be two towns in the game at launch for you to explore. Controls are very similar to those you'll be using on the pitch so you're not going to have to memorise two sets of keys and their actions. The focus for the initial launch of the game has been to get the football part spot on so there is still plenty we're looking to add to the lifestyle world after launch but there's already a fair bit of stuff you can do when you're away from the pitch. There are bars, clubs, and restaurants where you can hang out with your fellow Football Superstars and grab a few drinks - all the while increasing your level of fame. Also you can talk to journalists, go to the gym, check out the town hall and register your own player-managed club, check out the shops to buy yourself some fancy new clothes, and of course arrange friendly (or not-so-friendly) kickabouts.

Football Superstars will be free to play but there will be the option of subscribing for a fee to access some exclusive features. Free players will be able to acquire all the skills the paying players have so they won't be at a disadvantage, but paying players will be able to set up player-managed clubs, check out some VIP bars, etc.

There are already some non-British beta testers! :) - At this stage we're particularly interested in finding out how lag will affect players' ability to play when they're a long way from our servers and we'll see what action is required as the beta continues.

Cheers for the questions, folks! Glad you're all interested! If you haven't already, you might like to register over at the official forums over at http://www.footballsuperstars.com to make sure you're among the first to find out about any developments with FS.

That it exactly the response I was hoping for! :DD This game is sounding better and better the more I read about it.

Those sorts of subscriptions are fine for me - what I hate about some games is that the subscribers get really unfair advantages. A game like Albatross 18, a fairly good online golf game that is spoiled for me because every time you play someone who buys in-game items they can hole-in-one nearly every hole because they have bought special clubs, giving others no chance.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read and answer my long post :) I'm really looking forward to playing this game.

Ye other aspect are interesting football part dosnt exactly spring fantastic.

In beta for it so see how it goes when its out.

its looks like this is football from 2003 or sometime, potential to be fun -will be interesting to see how it goes....

Saw this in 442 this time last year, applied for Beta testing then. Not bothered that I didn't get it, tbh, my computer probably couldn't handle it.

Will definately give it a go when it comes out, should be exciting.

I've applied for beta testing months ago but had no luck.

Why are you guys saying the football part is shit?
I really give no shit about the extra-football part, like shopping and all that girl's stuff, and if that's the only good part like some are saying, then there's no good part...They should keep that for "The Sims" and work full-time in football part...

In football I don't care too much about graphics. As long as the gameplay and physics are good, they could bring some PSOne graphics and I would still play it...and that video didn't give us any tip about the quality of physics or gameplay.

The idea is just amazing, playing 11 vs. 11 online....now football games are getting where they should...

I'm very excited about this game...

I've applied for beta testing months ago but had no luck.

Why are you guys saying the football part is shit?
I really give no shit about the extra-football part, like shopping and all that girl's stuff, and if that's the only good part like some are saying, then there's no good part...They should keep that for "The Sims" and work full-time in football part...

In football I don't care too much about graphics. As long as the gameplay and physics are good, they could bring some PSOne graphics and I would still play it...and that video didn't give us any tip about the quality of physics or gameplay.

The idea is just amazing, playing 11 vs. 11 online....now football games are getting where they should...

I'm very excited about this game...
fifa 09 has 10v10 online

i do believe if someone on your team is lagging or just have a ping over 100 say, then a sub should be made to swap with a player with a lower ping.

Im not allowed to disclose information i dont think according to T&C i would love to though.

Its beta testing afterall what i can say is its seems there alot to learn on it and seems confusing at first.

Can you not email someone and ask? Beta testers for FM Live were allowed to post reviews and impressions.

I see it says not allowed to discuss outside of football super star beta forum as its under NDA.

the beta finishes very shortly so i think we can talk about it now

it is utter shit , it is a waste of space. played fifa be a pro a few days ago n that is how it shoud be , be a legend in pes will be great as well i bet , but this football superstars is complete turd

tried to get into it but its so bad. u move in perfect squares cos u have to use the keyboard n mouse. u cant do a simple pass without practising for years and the keepers are as thick as planks. theres some good ideas like theres a seperate RUN TOWARDS BALL button [hard to explain but it works really good]. but dont look forward to this. its garbage

Back
Top Bottom