1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

football quotes

Discussion in 'Football' started by gergerger, 22 June 2005.

1. gergerger

gergerger Banned

14 March 2005
    Post famouse (or not) quotes here.
    lol, I'll start with quotes about maradona. :mrgreen:

Zidane once said "I've seen a video of Maradona shooting the bar from outside the box and shoothing it again straight into the post when it came back, five times in a row without any problem at all. Do you know how hard it is to do that? I can only do it 2 times in a row"

Gary Lineker: "During a friendly between world and Europe, we were all warming up in the middle of the pitch. Maradona came in and started doing some tricks. Everybody stopped and watched him. One time he took the ball and hit it as high as he could and when the ball came down he literally caught it with his left foot without bounching it. He did it 3 times in a row as if to show that it is not luck. Myself, Platini, Zico and others all had their mouths open. We all tried to do it...but ofcourse we failed. In short Maradona is the most talented player that I have seen or will ever see in my lifetime."

Michel Platini: "People talk about how great Zidane is, but Maradona could do what Zidane does, with an Orange. That's how great Maradona was."

Lothar Mattheus: "I was so nervous before the match in 86. Here I was given the task to mark the greatest player in the world. I almost had a nervous breakdown"

Tostao: "Maradona is the singular most talented player ever" --> coming from a guy who played with Pelé

I know, I know.. please don't start a discussion about Maradona. Just post quotes, ok? :D

2. ghazi

ghazi Guest

"What Maradona can do with an orange, Heskey should do with a handgrenade" - that's my own quote from two years ago. :mrgreen:

3. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto
    David Beckham Quotes
    "My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about 7"

"I remember so clearly us going into hospital so Victoria could have Brooklyn. I was eating a Lion bar at the time"

"Alex Ferguson is the best manager I've ever had at this level. Well, he's the only manager I've actually had at this level. But he's the best manager I've ever had" (of course b4 going to RM)
    ----------
    "If you can't stand the heat in the dressing room, get out of the kitchin" - Terry Venables

"Despite his white boots, he has pace and aggression" - Kevin Keegan

"Carlton Palmer can trap the ball further than I can kick it" - Ron Atkinson

"When you're 4-0 up you should never lose 7-1" - Laurie McMenemy

4. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Argentinian TV to Pele:

"Pele Pele, whats it like being the 2nd best player after Maradona?"

5. SPiTFiRE

SPiTFiRE Eusébio forever

6 April 2004
    SL Benfica
    Pelé quote:

"Eusébio, is my Portuguese twin brother."

6. gergerger

gergerger Banned

14 March 2005
    "The ball doesn't curve"

Argentinian coach Pasarella, during a press conference after a match Argentina lost against Ecuador, talking about the effects of altitude on the ball.

7. Glavisted

Glavisted Guest

"If the ball enter is goal". (Míchel, sport commentator)

8. gergerger

gergerger Banned

14 March 2005
    This is hard to traslate, but I'll try:

"The one who doesn't feel it inside him, raise a hand"

Cholo Simeone, when he was in Atletico Madrid, after losing a game. Obviously referring to a large dick.

9. Interista

Interista Il Capitano

19 August 2003
    Bahrain
    FC Internazionale
    coool

10. sonnysan

sonnysan Guest

"All the teams participating in the world cup traveled far to get here except for the asian hosts. And everyone shows up to the pitch each day thinking and knowing there our going to score. But I am the only one who can put them in the back of the net."

Ronaldo, on how tough he thinks Germany will be in the Final of the 2002 World Cup KOREA/JAPAN

11. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Roberto Baggio "Those who dont want to take penalties always score"

12. SPiTFiRE

SPiTFiRE Eusébio forever

6 April 2004
    SL Benfica
    "For me, it's more easy to score goals, than sing!"

Nuno Gomes after a Music TV Show.

13. denirobob

denirobob IBERIAN PRIMERA

28 June 2002
    Henley, Oxfordshire
    Quality thread chaps.

One of my all time favs is Gazza

"I never make predictions, and I never will"

Terry Venables

"I felt a lump in my mouth as the ball went in"

Harry Redknapp

"Dani is so good-looking I don't know whether to play him or f*ck him"

Mark Draper

"I'd like to play for an Italian club like Barcelona"

George Best

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered"

Wanderly Luxemburgo telling it like it is to international coaches at a Rio forum.

"If you have two bathrooms at home and can't decide which one to use, you'll end up shitting your trousers." Luxemburgo was explaining how to 'be focused, be cool' to an audience including Gérard Houllier, Andy Roxburgh and Carlos Alberto. "If, for instance, I have a choice between me dying and my father dying, then I'd choose him because he's old. As a manager, I want to kill all my opponents. But I want to do that in an ethical way."

14. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Turn around, I'm right behind you...
    Manchester United
    :lol:

15. Glavisted

Glavisted Guest

Are in spanish but...