Football Mobile game

jonneymendoza

Legend
1 January 2004
Arsenal
Hi, has some of you may know i am a avid I.T programmer and my next project from work is to design and create a football game for mobile phones!!!

i would like to gather some features that you would love to have on a football game played on a mobile phone and would appreciate all your comments and ideas. cheers:))

Do people really play proper games on their mobiles? There are so many consoles around these days it just doesn't seem worth it. A phone is for calls, a console is for games. Maybe it's just me :)).

I've always believed that football is too intricate a game to be implemented well enough on a mobile phone's control system, even the latest phones out.

If a proposed game was to feature a career mode with scenarios instead of full matches then I might be interested. For example, your player gets his first appearance at a lower club.. in this match let's say there's 3 mini scenarios compiled of you pressed certain buttons and directions to control say a single shot or a one-two then shot or a header, all at the correct time when the ball arrives in the 89th minute. Accuracy would all be about timing and completing these 3 tasks in one game would mean manager approval, goals and assists.

Moving on from the first game, good performances would mean starting for that lower team, playing in an important cup game, transferring to a bigger club, performing well enough in tasks there to unlock playing for your country, and winning the World Cup perhaps.

I dunno, it's just something random thought up whilst having me morning coffee. More of a leveling up football game than anything else.

Do people really play proper games on their mobiles? There are so many consoles around these days it just doesn't seem worth it. A phone is for calls, a console is for games. Maybe it's just me :)).

says the iphone owner ;))

Hi, has some of you may know i am a avid I.T programmer and my next project from work is to design and create a football game for mobile phones!!!

i would like to gather some features that you would love to have on a football game played on a mobile phone and would appreciate all your comments and ideas. cheers:))
IT programmer? lol do you make spelling mistakes and get lots of Syntax Errors :)?

The man is just pure 110% mobile programming devoted, he walks into moving cars and ignores fire alarms due to the intense need to program. Oh yes.

IT programmer? lol do you make spelling mistakes and get lots of Syntax Errors :)?
nope when it comes down to work i do things properly mate otherwise i would of been sacked looong time. try again lad you bitter old man always attacking me :LOL:

Guess i should not of made this thread as i was expecting mature responses. ahh well there's other forums around with mature adults

I'd love a different football game on mobile. I really got into PES 2008 on mobile, which at first I thought was too fiddly on an N95 but proved to be quite decent in the end.

My two cents: Football is far too detailed and varied to be recreated really well in a simulation style on a mobile game. PES 2008, Real Football and FIFA on mobile have probably got this market sown up anyway. I'd really like to see something different, like Proxi suggests.

I've been thinking recently that a turn-based footy game might be good. Not a drab, Subbuteo-style game, but imagine a football game in the style of Advance Wars (bear with me). Each player would take it in turns to move all of their players around the pitch. While in possession, the idea would be to work your way up the pitch while moving your other offensive players in positions where they can receive the ball. When in defence, the aim would be to anticipate these moves, steal the ball and mount a counter attack.

The pitch would be divided into movement squares, such as in AW. Obviously different types of players would have different attributes, eg. wingers would have greater range of movement in a single turn than centre backs. The 'battles' would take the form of one-on-ones, where if you got into the adjacent square to the possession player you can make a play for the ball by 'attacking' them. Just as in AW, where different units have strengths and weaknesses against each other, different players would have different tackle strengths. So for example, a tough centre back can dispossess a sprightly forward in a single turn, whereas it would take two or three turns for the small striker to dispossess the centre back.

Other attributes would be passing range/accuracy and shooting range/accuracy, which of course would vary depending on the player. Each time a player opted to pass, an accuracy rating would appear next to the target. For example, a Pirlo type player would be able to ping a cross field pass with roughly 75% accuracy, while a clod hopper would have a much lower rating for accuracy and would only really be useful, passing-wise, for short range moves.

There could also be special abilities, ala Advance Wars, which are charged up as the game progresses which could be player or team dependent. These could include super slide tackle, where any player is dispossessed in one turn, sniper shot, where shooting range is temporarily increased, super dribble, where the player is immune from tackles for one turn etc etc etc.

I think graphically it should be over-the-top cartoony style, in keeping with the gameplay, rather than balls to the walls realism.

Obviously needs work, but I think it could be good.

Back
Top Bottom