Football Manager 2019 (inc. bsmaff's graphics)

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by bsmaff, 7 August 2018.

1. bsmaff

bsmaff International

11 August 2003
    Welwyn Garden
    Exeter City
    Unfortunately defeats to Crawley and Macclesfield earlier in the month messed up our season.
    If we won those two games, which we should of done then we should be going in to the final game 1 point of Autos, instead it now looks like we are going to miss out.

It's a tough ask to beat Forest Green final day and hope Newport slip up against Morecombe.

But we will have another season now in League 2 and next season we should have a slightly increased budget and a couple of our youth players are now 18/19 and will be adding to the squad next season, one thing we have is a top academy.

It does appear you will be playing Forest Green in the Play offs on the Friday night.

The best game though is the Automatic shoot out between MK Dons and Mansfield, which I suspect MK Dons to win.

2. Chris Davies

Chris Davies Chief PESsimist Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    The Tranmere players are already giving it the big I-am. Scott Davies (our goalkeeper) is on Twitter saying "we owe them" and "they won't look forward to playing us", it gives the game away immediately (that you're panicking).

If you're a betting man, check this out - it's how I knew we wouldn't beat Bury last night.

3. bsmaff

bsmaff International

11 August 2003
    Welwyn Garden
    Exeter City
    Congrats on getting to the Play Off Final..

Newport are the in-form team at the moment, but you must fancy your chances against them..

P.S. It should of been us against you...

4. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    If it had been against you, we wouldn't be in the final, so no complaints here... ;)

Can't quite believe we've made it - they had a guy sent off in the first leg after 15 minutes (which was deserved) and then a guy sent off in the second leg after half-time (which wasn't)... We played well, but luck was definitely on our side (Norwood missed about 100 chances in the first leg, but then scored the one that counted in the second leg)...

I realised last night that I'll be on a plane to Italy when the final takes place (my first trip abroad in ten years and my first actual holiday abroad) - so I'm just hoping there's good news by the time I land...

I'd say we're favourites, but - we were "underdogs" against Forest Green (twice) and Newport were "underdogs" against Mansfield (twice), and look what happened. The teams through to the final are the two lowest-placing play-off teams, too.

It could easily go either way - but here's hoping it goes our way! If it does, I expect there'll be a Micky Mellon statue outside the ground within the next few years - and I also expect he'll be poached by a much bigger team.

The three most important people at the club are the chairman (who's been absolutely brilliant), the manager, and James Norwood (a purchase under the first manager that the chairman hired).

I'd argue that the fourth most important person is Andy Cook, who was bought by the same manager, and who almost single-handedly got us our first promotion. He left for Walsall (in League One), averaged a goal every third game for them, and they've just been relegated.

I wonder if we could get him back, if we're the team that replaces them...

5. bsmaff

bsmaff International

11 August 2003
    Welwyn Garden
    Exeter City
    Mansfield were one of the best teams I saw this year, and TBH very surprised they are not in the final and getting promoted.

They were the only side who really impressed and beat us 4-1 at St. James' Park.
    Your side also impressed though, beating us twice although very fortunate at our place.
    Your right back was incredible that day and was all other the place all game.

Wish you the best for the final and at the moment would say your slight favourites to get promoted, although Newport done well in the cup and seem to be good in one off games that matter.

EDIT:-
    Literally as I typed this Mansfield have sacked their manager???
    Mansfield Town have sacked manager David Flitcroft following their defeat in the League Two play-off semi-finals.

Chairman John Radford said the decision was made with a "heavy heart".
    "The decision has been made with the best interests of Mansfield Town Football Club in mind," he added.

So Mansfield although one of the biggest budgets in League 2, finish 4th in the League and they sack their manager for underachieving.

6. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    Absolutely pathetic. He's been in charge for a year, he's got them to the play-offs in his first year. "Heavy heart" my arse.

7. bsmaff

bsmaff International

11 August 2003
    Welwyn Garden
    Exeter City
    Chris Davies likes this.
  8. rojofa

rojofa League 2

15 September 2017
    I decided to get 19 a few weeks ago as a friend wanted to play a network game...

It seems loans are very overpowered - in the Dutch league I've managed to win the league each of the 3 seasons so far having 7+ out of my 11 being loans. In 2021 I have Rashford, Lemar and Shaqiri and only have to pay 10-40% of the wages...

Still quite a few silly bugs that haven't been fixed (mostly with the "promises" mechanic) and overall seems almost completely identical to FM17 except for the little differences in the tactics the match engine rewards and extra tutorials for new players.

VAR is new but it's more annoying than anything - usually you get the same old "throw in, push in the back, ref checks VAR, outside the box FK" routine twice a match. Goal line technology has never resulted in a goal for or against me in 3 seasons yet you get the replay of it any time a FK is saved (as the keepers always stop them on/near the line)...

Overall I'd say that if you only play single-player then you may as well stick to an older version if you already own one.

Ameobinho likes this.
  9. bsmaff

bsmaff International

11 August 2003
    Welwyn Garden
    Exeter City
    Good luck today..

Will be really good to get two promotions in a row.

Not sure who will win though, Newport have been on really good form recently.

Chris Davies likes this.
  10. rockstrongo

rockstrongo International

25 August 2006
    Sweden
    Hammarby
    FM 19 straight to game pass looks like a good deal

11. geeeeee

geeeeee Console not PC! Mods & patches mean nothing to me!

2 May 2010
    London
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Is anyone playing FM 19 Touch on ipad? I only recently bought it and i am enjoying it but the injuries are insane. I have played 2 Premier League games so far and this is the injury list...

Janssen - 4-5 mths
    Son - 5 wks-2 mths
    Foyth - 3-6 wks
    Lloris - 2-5 wks
    Lamela - 2-5 wks
    Sissoko - 2-4 wks
    Sanchez - 3-7 days
    Wanyama - 1 day

Alli had just returned from injury but now he has a fractured jaw and out for 4-5 weeks.

I read that they had fixed the injury bug but this could be a game breaker for me.

PS. I just moved forward a few days and now it says Samuel Shashoua (who is on loan) is out for 4 months. This is stupid.

12. mattmid

mattmid Champions League

15 December 2011
    :SHOCK: about them all, but nobody will notice that one :LOL:

geeeeee likes this.
  13. geeeeee

geeeeee Console not PC! Mods & patches mean nothing to me!

2 May 2010
    London
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Ha ha good one :LOL:

I’m getting desperate now though and will have to start bringing reserve players in. In my next game Moura got injured too but thankfully only minor.

mattmid likes this.
  14. bsmaff

bsmaff International

11 August 2003
    Welwyn Garden
    Exeter City
    Graphics updated to latest versions on the OneDrive:-
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtsC_3_xeYYCge5l4GxONk0hw4bYnA?e=A3uuNx

Kits updated
    Steel Logos
    Metallic Logos
    Faces
    Data Update - 19/06/19 @3AM - I will try and remember to update this regularly as soon as the transfer window opens on 1st July.

Will update the website beginning of July, as slightly more of a pain to update.

Chris Davies likes this.