Football Manager 2019 (inc. bsmaff's graphics)

Just finished my 2nd season in charge of Exeter.
Was offered the Norwich job in January but turned it down, as they were 12 points of the play offs and they stated they expected to minimum reach the play offs and gain promotion.

So stayed at Exeter and finished the season 2nd and gained promotion to the Championship.
I started the season well this time and was in the play off places for most of the season, before getting into some really good form Feb/March and finished March at the top of table before some poor results and some Mid-Week rearranged games forced me into some rotations I didn't really want to make, but had too.
That's the issue with having favourable draws in the FA Cup and getting to the 5th Round before being beaten comfortably 4-0 at home by Mans City.

Predicting an incredibly busy summer as my squad included the maximum 6 loan players all season, and then a lot are now out of contract which I decided against renewing, as don't feel they are good enough to avoid relegation back to League One.
So I will be required to sign another 6 loan players, as you don't have to pay their wages.
Followed by making sure I have players to cover every position in the squad, which will be pretty difficult making sure I have the right stats for the 15+ players I will need to sign, as can't go to my own youth players as my youth academy sucks and rarely does it produce players of any quality.

It will be an interesting and very long summer, but I am sure I can get a squad together to avoid relegation and hopefully finish Mid Table before then pushing for the play offs in my 2nd season in the Championship.

I'd really love a quick match mode where you can do a one-off match between two teams. It would be especially good if you could configure fitness and morale to match real-world scenarios. Every year I hope for that to be a new feature but it never is.

FM Update January 2019:-

All the graphics have new versions available, these have been both uploaded and the changes are available as a separate download.

Kits for some reason in the past 2-3 weeks have been massively updated with lots of new kits being released or updated, guess the kit makers had loads of extra time over Christmas.

As for the data update, I will update the website every Monday and Friday with the latest Data Update, as January is the only time this is useful.
And will post one straight away on Feb 1st after the transfer deadline is complete.

http://tvirusgaming.com/

I play pretty slowly (I only manage a couple of seasons before the new game is out usually) - I don't get a lot of time to play, but I go through the finest details (I've got a handheld whiteboard with transfer targets and observations, for example), so time progresses really slowly.

Anyway, I'm coming to the end of my first season with Tranmere, and it's been a real slog (not least because the financial situation is a joke - even though I've reduced the wage budget and barely spent any of the transfer budget, our loans will keep us in debt for about 20 years).

We were flying for the first eight games or so - during which time I picked up a few young players to develop in the future. Then, after the patches started rolling out, our form started to drop, and we were only just hanging onto the playoff places. Then, in January, the players that the club had on loan in real life (who, in FM, won't even enter contract talks with Tranmere - it feels really harsh) buggered off, and we immediately crashed down to 12th.

I signed some rough replacements for the leavers in January - guys like Joss Labadie who have average core stats for their roles, but who are otherwise poor. (I just can't get players above the level of those I've already got to talk to me.) I insist on determination and work rate being 13+ but as for everything else, beggars can't be choosers.

However, something has happened in the last four games, and I don't know what has really been the cause (all I can think of is that I've stopped changing formation almost every game, and started playing the younger players more often). Our form has gone from WLDLD, to DWWWW.

With two games left, here's how everything looks:

rqDrBnV.jpg

Two points off the play-off places! (All because the teams in the lower play-off positions all lost their previous game.)

The next two games are against the teams in 15th and 16th - although Port Vale's last two games are against lower-placed opposition than that.

Interestingly, the next game is against Bury, managed by the man I replaced...

So close...

Did you manage to get promoted Chris?

When it comes to signing players you need to look at the guidelines of the role the player is playing.
But also when your in L2, L1 you need to go to the U23 squads of the Prem teams and decide - He looks quite good, he looks good and then try and sign those players.
The advantage of loaning players from Prem teams is you never have to contribute any wages and can fill your team with 6 loan players, meaning you only actually need about 10 players on your actual books, saving a fortune in wages.

You seem to be drawing a lot of games and had some of them been won, seems you would of been promoted via the Autos.

Did you manage to get promoted Chris?
Only had time to play one game since (in my lunch hour), this is how it's all looking with one game to go...

oKi2SjG.jpg

In the game, versus Bury, went with a cautious mentality, in the first ten minutes we had 18% possession and I thought we were going to get crushed, but thankfully we grabbed a goal on the break. HT 1-0. Second half, carried on playing the same way, they scored a goal from outside the box right into the corner, so I went from 4-4-2 to 4-2-4 direct, and in the last half an hour my creative CM Ollie Banks hit one from outside the box, low and into the corner. FT 2-1.

My £300 p/w defensive CM Aaron Kuhl, who I signed at the start of the season (in the role of BACKUP) has now played 15 games and has demanded a new contract at £1,000 p/w...

But also when your in L2, L1 you need to go to the U23 squads of the Prem teams and decide - He looks quite good, he looks good and then try and sign those players.
I keep trying that, but the player immediately turns their nose up and rejects the move. I think the "reputation" of the team is low because of the fact that we've just bounced up from the Conference (in real life), yet whenever we sign a player the guy will invariably say it's because "Tranmere are a big name".

Perhaps I just keep looking at players who are much too good. (I try to make sure that any player I bring in is at least 10% better than the guys I already have, otherwise I might as well play my own youth players - but it's really difficult to get those guys.)

You seem to be drawing a lot of games and had some of them been won, seems you would of been promoted via the Autos.
Yeah, we've conceded very few goals really, but there was a run of games where we were conceding in the last 10 minutes of the game and throwing away a victory.

I find using "cautious" or "defensive", even in the last ten minutes or so, can be absolutely suicidal... Which seems really counter-intuitive...

I find using "cautious" or "defensive", even in the last ten minutes or so, can be absolutely suicidal... Which seems really counter-intuitive...

I always find this as well.. Incredibly frustrating, but I find this the problem when going Ultra Defensive, it just stinks and very often concede 2/3 goals in last 10-15 minutes when switching to this, although it should mean shut up shop and won't concede.

I normally always start home games Attacking and start away games on either cautious or Balanced.
After 30 mins I change to balanced, 45 mins I change to positive and then after 65 make a couple of subs and change to attacking.
Unless I am winning then I always stay on what I started on.

I just find that you should never played Ultra Defensive or Ultra Attacking, as you never score on Ultra Attacking and always concede on Ultra Defensive.

yet whenever we sign a player the guy will invariably say it's because "Tranmere are a big name"

To be fair if you had in the Rovers part it is a fairly big name :D

On this topic there was a lower league manager on talksport recently, can't say for sure but I think it was Stevenage and he mentioned about how they get some of these young guys on loan and they are big time Charlie's who think they have already made it. They don't want to be there and so on. He said he had a lad from Spurs who was the opposite of that and an absolute pleasure to deal with, keen to learn and gain experience and saw it as a valuable part of learning to make it in the game.

How's Ben Tollet doing these days, I think he had a bad injury didn't he, is he back playing now? Always thought he had the potential to do pretty well.

How's Ben Tollet doing these days, I think he had a bad injury didn't he, is he back playing now? Always thought he had the potential to do pretty well.
I thought he was doing pretty well for us, 33 appearances over three years - clearly has potential. But he hasn't scored in the last two seasons (not that it's his role, really), and then we ended up loaning him out to Wrexham just before Christmas. Since then, he's played twice for them - and scored!

I'd say he and Larnell Cole are two decent wingers for our level - and we've loaned Tollitt out, and just (today) released Cole. I can only hope we bring in some replacements before the end of January...

The league season is over...

0PAM1i1.jpg

A really drab 1-0 win in the final game - we only managed four shots on target but thankfully good old Larnell Cole managed a typical long range shot.

On to the play-offs! But whatever happens now, I'm happy with the achievement this season.

Which is a good job, because I've only beat the team we're up against once - with 93rd minute and 95th minute goals... @bsmaff, even the AI gets your boys promoted...

TNpDlVN.jpg

NOTE: "Exeter out of sorts of late" is an odd thing to say, given that in your last game of the season, you beat automatically-promoted Forest Green 5-1... Gulp.

Last edited:
I just had probably the greatest title battle I have ever had in Football Manager.

Going into the last 2 games of the season and there is 1 point separating the Top 3.
Man Utd, Liverpool and Exeter

After 36 Games:-
PIC1.png

After 37 Games:-
PIC2.png

Final Day Fixtures:-
PIC3.png

Final Table and results:-
PIC4.png

I must admit going into the final game of the season I 100% thought the title was mine.
Knew Liverpool would beat Man Utd, but the title changed hands to all of us winning the league at one point.

It was without doubt the closest final day I will ever see on Football Manager, no matter how many time I play the game.

Good news is I have now qualified for the Champions League and now I finally able to sign some established players rather than taken a punt on kids.

This season I have managed to sign John Stones for £12m and loan Phil Foden from Man City, will make a few more signings and hopefully will be able to make the final push this season and win the title.

Play-off semi-finals have just finished...

Final score 5-3 to us!

EObVELW.jpg

Can't quite believe it!

I went with "attacking" in both games - first game finished 2-0 and we bossed the game, despite Exeter's players being far better than ours (we finished with something like 23 shots, 12 of which were on target - the keeper played a blinder).

Given how well it worked - went with "attacking" again, and was 1-0 up within 45 seconds! Bossed most of the first half - but I switched to "balanced", conceded, switched to "cautious", conceded, switched to "defensive", conceded... But held on.

The play-off final is against Swindon, and I sort of don't want to win - because I honestly don't think the squad is fit for League Two, let alone League One, and the debt is only getting worse - so we may never get better players...

Oh my God.

5stnTp3.jpg

On the one hand, I'm genuinely proud, there's no way we deserve to be in League One. Our players aren't good enough and they've performed a miracle. On the other hand... We've conceded one of the lowest amounts of goals in the league, yet in the play-offs, we've been absolutely atrocious defensively. Disgraceful. So bad - and it's mostly because as soon as you move back from "positive" to anything else, you pretty much automatically concede...

Congrats on getting promoted.

I wouldn't worry too much about L1 the quality difference isn't too much and with a couple or 6 decent loan signings you should be fine, and you might even be more surprised and get into the play offs.

The Championship is where the quality massively improves.

On Monday when everything is fully uploaded.

I will release my final graphics pack for FM2019.

Most graphics and kits have been available now for a while and the changes to the faces and everything are just minor and not necessary.

Latest FM Graphics are now available back on OneDrive.

The website expires in a month, so thought it best to move everything.

All graphics have been updated to the 20th Feb, and Data Update is from 27/02

Password is - evoweb (all lower case)

@bsmaff - Do you still have your packs for FM17? I've been thinking about starting a new save on it (didn't buy 18 or 19) but your links in the thread are no longer active and I've formatted my drive since I last played FM.

If not, no worries! Just found your stuff really convenient as the FM community always seems reluctant to compile "megapacks" or full complete patches for some reason...

@bsmaff - Do you still have your packs for FM17? I've been thinking about starting a new save on it (didn't buy 18 or 19) but your links in the thread are no longer active and I've formatted my drive since I last played FM.

If not, no worries! Just found your stuff really convenient as the FM community always seems reluctant to compile "megapacks" or full complete patches for some reason...

I no longer have the graphics packs for older versions of the game.
However the ID's I don't think ever change, so I believe you can use the FM19 packs for FM17.

The FM community don't release "megapacks" as individual kit designers don't really like the sharing of kits as part of megapacks - no idea why.
So I also combine the graphics every year anyway, so might as well share the work I do, as it can take a while to sort the kits into folders and make them easy to access.
This is then just shared with people on this forum.

Any ideas on how to limit the amount of long shots my team take? And also the amount of crosses

Play a 433 SK A, 2BPD D, 2 WB AUTO, DLP D, 2 AP SUP, 2 IF A, 1CF SUP

Possession style of football, but all wide players just keep slinging the ball in the box and I have like 30 attempts on goal and 50% or more are long shots

Purchased a new domain..

So will update the website this week, so all files will be downloadable again on there.
You're an absolute star, I rely on you every year for my Football Manager goodies - thank you!

You're an absolute star, I rely on you every year for my Football Manager goodies - thank you!

You must be getting excited now..

The in form team in the League / Highest scorer.

It seems getting to the tail end of the season, your form has really picked up and pretty certain of the play offs you must be thinking of promotion.

Although we will probably make the play offs, our form recently has been very inconsistent and losing Stockley in January and not replacing him properly, we won't get promoted and lose to whoever we get in the play offs.

Last edited:
You must be getting excited now..

In the in form team in the League / Highest scorer.

It seems getting to the tail end of the season, certain of the play offs you must be thinking of promotion.

Although we will probably make the play offs, our form recently has been very inconsistent and losing Stockley in January and not replacing him properly, we won't get promoted and lose to whoever we get in the play offs.
Still can't believe how well we're doing after coming up from the Conference - but I think a lot of it is having got to a play-off final with a lot of the same guys, and losing, before going on to win one the next year.

I'd be a lot happier if we could avoid the play-offs entirely this year... Bury (above us) are in financial trouble, and I'm wondering what will happen to them. The players don't seem affected by it AT ALL on the pitch, which is astounding - credit to them - but at the end of the season, if they don't sort it out, they might be docked points. Which would be a shitty way to do it, but...

My bigger worry is that our final games are all against top six sides - so our destiny is well and truly in our own hands at the minute, but realistically I think it's going to be too much all at once, and we'll end up with a play-off place, burned out, going out in the first stage. (You read it here first...)

Mellon is a brilliant manager - a Scottish team tried to poach him last year and I'm wondering if the deal with the chairman was that he'd give Tranmere one more season and then go. From what I'd heard, he'd practically signed on the dotted line with them, so I don't know what changed - but thank God it did.

As for Norwood... He's a hero. The most consistent striker we've had in my lifetime other than John Aldridge, I think. There's no way he'll be with us next year if we don't go up - in-fact, even if we do...

Didn't know Bury were in so much trouble, but they will more than likely miss out on the Autos as recent form has been shocking.

MK Dons have been really struggling considering they have Tisdale in charge and I would assume the highest budget in the league this season.

Lincoln have been head and shoulders above everyone this season and deserve to go up.
Mansfield were incredible against us and have been one of the best teams I have seen this season against us.
Tranmere looked impressive against us as well, lucky goal from a deflection but looked completely in control and your Right Back is one of the best players I have seen in the League this year.

Norwood really has turned into a top striker, it is incredible that when he was with us, although only 19/20 he didn't show any quality or ability to show he was ever going to make it.. Although we signed him because he scored a absolute shed load of goals in a lower league - I think is was an average of 2 a game so we snapped him up hoping he would turn into a top striker, which he has now done - We could really of done with him now, as our strikers are really poor and will probably all struggle to reach double figures in a season.

After the Easter weekend we should see a clear indication of where everyone is roughly going to finish, with 2 games very close together.
We should beat Crawley, but will struggle against Stevenage as they are going well at the moment and have an outside shot at the Play Offs.

I will republish the FM site on 1st May.
From this date, graphics will be available to download from both the website and OneDrive.

I will upload all the latest graphics, except the kits... As I have not updated these since Feb and doubt no kits have changed since then.

Although I keep saying it *THIS* will be the last graphics update for FM 2019.
I will though during the summer transfer window update the Data Update twice a week - Probably Monday and Friday with all the latest transfers.

In other news:-
Exeter are hanging on by the skin of their teeth to the final play off spot.
Losing to Crawley was an embarrassment, and then a well played draw against Stevenage, where we were robbed by the linesman by disallowing a goal, which was not offside and 2nd already crossed the line before anyone touched it in.
Now got 2 very tough games against Oldham and Forest Green (who at this moment a win could get them in the Autos)

Tranmere are now guaranteed a play off spot.. But who do you fancy?
Looks to be Forest Green or MK Dons - Although MK Dons are going in on the worse form - Tisdale seems to always get it right in the play offs and has a 100% record over two legs.

Thanks so much, @bsmaff. I've been stuck into FIFA 19, Snooker 19 and PGA Tour 19 recently but I'm planning on getting back into Football Manager after reading some great articles about Solksjaer's beginnings. Really inspiring stuff and it makes me want to turn a small club into a big club again (I just wish I could wrap my head around half of what the game does, telling your players not to hit long shots doesn't stop them, and telling your defenders to stay deep doesn't keep them back - for me, anyway)...

I'm obviously delighted that Tranmere have made the play-offs but if Forest Green make it, I would bet a lot of money that we'll lose to them again, if not in the initial stage then at Wembley. You can see the fear in the players (from when they beat us in the play-off final of 16/17) - and in the fans.

Tisdale might have a great record but I'd rather face MK Dons any day.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW ANY BROKEN LINKS - BUT FROM 2PM TODAY ALL LINKS SHOULD BE FULLY WORKING.
ONE DRIVE IS 100% WORKING

Bernardht's FM - MAY 2019 UPDATE

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk

One Drive:-
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtsC_3_xeYYCge5lVYb_TcHdJrSs1w
Password - evoweb

TOOLS:-

Data Update - Last Updated - 1st May 2019

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/DataUpdate010519.zip

Real Names and German National Team Fix v3.0

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/FM19RealNamesv3.0.zip

GRAPHICS:-

KITS 18/19 - last updated 01/05/19:-

kits.png

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/kits/KITS010519.rar

FACES v11.08:-

faces.png

Full Download:-
http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/Faces/Faces11.08.rar

Update from 10.01:-
http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/Faces/Faces11.08Changes.rar

LOGOS:-

Metallic Logos 2019 v6:

metlogo.png

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/Logos/Metallic/MetallicLogos_v6.rar

Update from v6:-
http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/Logos/Metallic/MetallicLogos_v6Changes.rar

TCM Logos v3:

tcmlogo.png

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/Logos/TCM/TCMLogos19.03.rar

Update from v2:-
http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/Logos/TCM/TCMLogos19.03Changes.rar

Steel Logos v3:

steellogo.png

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/Logos/Steel/SteelLogos.zip

BACKGROUND IMAGES:-

backgrounds.jpg

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/Backgrounds/Backgrounds.rar

GOOGLE STADIUMS:-

google.jpg

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/Backgrounds/GoogleStadiums.rar

Brilliant stuff, @bsmaff. I've been playing again for the past few days but my PC has started overheating every time (out of nowhere - saying that, it's at least 7 years old) so I've got to fix that first...

Also - for God's sake make sure your lot beat Forest Green at the weekend and get yourself that last play-off place!

Back
Top Bottom