Football Manager 2018

I personally have not used an custom skins for years.

There used to be a guy who made amazing skins - He was hired by SI and has been there main skin man for a few years now.

Question about converting to PES. In FM, there only seems to be a striker and not SS or CF. How could I determine these positions?

FM has roles as well as positions. For example, to get a SS you would play a striker in the AM or ST position and give them the SS role. Another example is a Deep Lying Playmaker a la Carrick or Pirlo, move them to CM or DM and give them the Deep Lying Playmaker role.

A very general rule of thumb is to use the positions to define your defensive shape, then use roles and individual instructions to set out how you want your team to play with the ball.

For example, I play a narrow 4-4-2 with Manchester United. But since I instruct Rashford and Martial, my two strikers, to go wide with the ball and I tell my AM to push into the box, I'm able to gain the width of a 4-3-3 when attacking.

Ah the export I have doesn't show the roles.
I'm looking at a way to see if a player can play in both. The export will have ST or F C but never both with the same player.

Last edited:
Has anyone used the download links for the graphics?

Do they work correctly? And are the links good?
All working for me, thanks so much!

Can't get any of the backgrounds to work though - no idea why (I was looking for the old "allow background changes" switch that was present in the old games but it's not there now). Is it because I use the "dark" skin (even though it's one of the defaults)?

I don't think I've got the "dynamic ads" working either, but that might be down to the instructions (that seem to suggest you need the original mod for FM16 installed to get it to work), and/or the fact I'm playing in the Conference National...

All working for me, thanks so much!

Can't get any of the backgrounds to work though - no idea why (I was looking for the old "allow background changes" switch that was present in the old games but it's not there now). Is it because I use the "dark" skin (even though it's one of the defaults)?

I don't think I've got the "dynamic ads" working either, but that might be down to the instructions (that seem to suggest you need the original mod for FM16 installed to get it to work), and/or the fact I'm playing in the Conference National...

I think the dynamic graphics only work in the top division of the top 5 leagues.
DYNAMIC ADD PACK v1.6.1 INCLUDES:
Top 50 club teams from:
Premier League
Bundesliga
Scotland Old Firm (Celtic & Rangers)
Spanish Laliga
French
Italian
Portuguese
Dutch

As for backgrounds, I have not tried them personally, but do use the Google Stadium images and they work.

As for backgrounds, I have not tried them personally, but do use the Google Stadium images and they work.
Got them working over lunch, it was indeed because I was using the "dark" skin, which seems daft. But, never mind - all working now!

Still having the weird 3D kit issues I mentioned via PM a while ago, where everything seems to be "offset" (the front of the shirt being aligned with the right arm) - but I'm pretty sure it happens with the default 3D kits. God knows what's going on there.

Finished my first season with Exeter and managed to top the table very comfortably.

Table:-
League.png

Records:-
Records.png

Finished League 1.

Came top of the table and managed to once again break a few records along the way - Used the same team which got me to League 1.

League Table:-
League1.png

Records:-
League1Records.png

Finished the Championship..

Back to back to back Championships and Promotions, using pretty much the same squad of loan players throughout.

I now got a dilemma though of being offered the West Ham job, I am really torn as I know a season of complete struggle is going to come and I will finish lower mid table with Exeter - However would challenge for Europe with West Ham, so don't know whether to remain at Exeter or not.

Championship.png

Updated the graphics files for March.

Kits 16/03/2018 - 3D kits have been massively updated and changed. The previous 3D kits were corrupt as FM17 and FM18 use a different 3D match engine and the old kits would just show as see through green whenever you are in a match.
I have now downloaded all the new 3D kits and deleted all the old ones.
2D kits have been updated slightly and a couple of new leagues have been added.

Google Earth Stadium Background Images - These have been updated to the latest version, not sure on the exact changes but file is 700MB bigger.

Real Names - Upgraded to the latest version 2.0

All other files have remained the same, as no new files are available.

Download link:-
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtsC_3_xeYYCgdpetRLpi9LW0oFxjw

Updated the graphics files for April.

Kits 16/03/2018 (NOT UPDATED) - 3D kits have been massively updated and changed. The previous 3D kits were corrupt as FM17 and FM18 use a different 3D match engine and the old kits would just show as see through green whenever you are in a match.
I have now downloaded all the new 3D kits and deleted all the old ones.
2D kits have been updated slightly and a couple of new leagues have been added.

Faces - Updated to 10.06 - Both the full file and changes have been uploaded.

Metallic Logos - Updated to V3 - Both the full file and changes have been uploaded.

Google Earth Stadium Background Images - Updated the files again as had an update, they also contain some other random images of staff and players.

Real Names - Upgraded to the latest version 2.1

No Brexit - Disables Brexit from happening in game

All other files have remained the same, as no new files are available.

Download link:-
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtsC_3_xeYYCgdpetRLpi9LW0oFxjw

Files have now been deleted from OneDrive, and I will upload the files later back to a website.

I will update once the files have been uploaded.

Last edited:
Back into this in a big way - which may (subconsciously) be something to do with Tranmere's real-life promotion...

Really enjoying it at the minute, but I just can't stop conceding goals at a lower-league level. I'm assuming it's the game going "well you're in a rubbish league, clean sheets and good defending is rare at this level" - but it's just not true.

I got an achievement the other day for doing something I didn't even know I was close to - my team have scored in every game for 20 games in a row. Great, right? Except I'm pretty much certain they've conceded for 20 games in a row too (with 6 of my last 10 games being 1-1 or 2-2 draws)...

In-fact, I've abandoned 4-4-2 (which I've used since the start of the season) and switched to a 3-4-1-2, with zero difference in goals conceded.

Any advice?

(FYI, 4-4-2 on "counter" or "standard", with the LB/RB set to "full-back" and "support", centre-backs set to "central defender" and "defend" - 3-4-1-2 on "counter" or "standard", with the two outside centre-backs as "central defender" and "defend", with the guy in the middle set to "central defender" and "cover".)

I find that trying to not concede is a massive issue.

I rarely keep a clean sheet and even trying for a game playing 5-2-3-0 and contain for a game and still conceded 2 goals.

As simple as it sounds, it isn't so much about trying not to concede, but make sure you outscore your opponents.

My tactics have changed slightly since going through the divisions, but find that you need to play 3 strikers for any real success, 4-4-2 just gets draws all the time.

I will post a screenshot of my formation later, but it is basically 5-2-3 with wingbacks.

I'm big back into FM18 now, on the Switch though, so its a slightly watered down (though now totally basic mobile one).

I too find it hard to keep clean sheets particularly lower league (I'm randomly Lincoln at the moment). I'm 3rd in table in October, so not doing terrible, but does seem an annoying trait of conceeding goals in injury time. Last game I was 1-0 up away from home, tried to go defensive towards the end and they scored 2 in injury time :(

These things happen in real football, but just feels a bit annoying when it happens in the game too often.

The kits download currently doesn't work, neither does the data update.

The data update, just ignore as won't update this until the transfer window opens, or when the promotions and relegations have happened - As Tranmere are now back in the football league, and Chris will no longer need to load the conference data (All thanks to ex Exeter player Norwood)

The kits, I will update shortly as their maybe some new kits available, including next seasons Prem kits might even of been released.

I will do one last update for FM 2018 on Monday.

This seems to be the best time with the transfer window closing on Friday for European clubs.

All the megapacks will be updated to the latest versions, and two KIT files will be available.
2017 - 2018 KITS - COMPLETE SET
2018 - 2019 KITS - What is currently available - Which seems to be most major leagues.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom