Football Manager 2017 [PC/TAB/MOB]

bsmaff

International
11 August 2003
Hertfordshire
Exeter City
JULY FOOTBALL MANAGER UPDATE:-

Since we are now in July this will be the last update this season.

I will release new graphics on 1st September for FM 2017 when the season kicks off and new kits should be available for download.
This month I have also included the latest data update and Real Names and German National Team Fix.

Data Update - Last Updated - 05/07/2017 @ 23.02

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/DataUpdate.rar

Real Names and German National Team Fix

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/NameFix.rar

KITS - last updated 05/07/17:-

kits.png

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/Kits050617.rar

FACES v9.08:-

faces.png

Full Download:-

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/Faces_9.08.rar

Update from 9.07:-

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/Faces_9.08_Update.rar

LOGOS:-

Metallic v8:

metallic.png

Full Download:-

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/MetallicLogos_v8.rar

Update from v7:-

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/MetallicLogos_v8_Update.rar

TCM v3:

TCM.png

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/TCMLogos_v3.rar

Smooth:

smooth.png

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/Smooth17Logos.zip

BACKGROUND IMAGES:-

backgrounds.png

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/Backgrounds.rar

Last edited:
Personally I think the loyalty discount is a very nice touch and something other developers should do.

With 20% discount the game is £27.99 so would still expect to find it cheaper on other sites.

This is will be the first year I dont buy it, the whole match engine is to be brutally honest crap. I've gone back to championship manager 01/02 with updated data and its so much more enjoyable to play.

Yep, the match engine is pretty scripted and random. I still play Football Manager 08. It's perfect for me.

Yep, the match engine is pretty scripted and random. I still play Football Manager 08. It's perfect for me.
Me too - nothing beats FM 2008, just like nothing beats PES 5, tho I admit that I miss non-contracts from newer games in FM 2008, because I like to start my saves very low in football pyramid (most of the time in 2nd Northern Irish division, where ll players should be on non-contracts)!

Last edited:
I wasn't really interested in this - I loved 2016 for a while but then found I didn't have the time to play it any more.

However... The match engine looks a lot better now, and I genuinely love the sound of some of the new features (even the in-game Twitter world, which is totally unnecessary - and yet I can't wait to read Dave from Birkenhead giving me stick for subbing his favourite player).

I started watching the "new features" video expecting to skim it, and I ended up watching the entire half an hour.

I wish FIFA and PES had literally 10% of the features Football Manager has.

I wasn't really interested in this - I loved 2016 for a while but then found I didn't have the time to play it any more.

However... The match engine looks a lot better now, and I genuinely love the sound of some of the new features (even the in-game Twitter world, which is totally unnecessary - and yet I can't wait to read Dave from Birkenhead giving me stick for subbing his favourite player).

I started watching the "new features" video expecting to skim it, and I ended up watching the entire half an hour.

I wish FIFA and PES had literally 10% of the features Football Manager has.
I agree with you Chris. It is astonishing how deep FM actually is, like parallel world... I hope you heard about Brexit included in the game and scenarios that could happen in the game after that, mind blowing!!! I know that dream of every pes or fifa player is only if database guys from fm share just for creating teams and leagues. imagine game that actually have database of fm and match engine of fifa or pes... i think no matter licenses or anything will stop that game to be best game ever related to football even if fm and fifa or pes are sold separately :)

Beta is now available to download if anyone pre-ordered the game..

Your single player saved games will be transferable to the full release.

Beta is now available to download if anyone pre-ordered the game..

Your single player saved games will be transferable to the full release.
I'm tempted, but I think I'll wait to see the bugs people find.

Whenever there's a new version of the game I end up starting again, and once I do that a couple of times, I lose all interest...

Anybody playing the beta?

Have not tried it yet - will try it this weekend.

But I always find the BETA pretty pointless as they always do a massive Day One patch and then it is patched heavily in the 1st month too.

Have not tried it yet - will try it this weekend.

But I always find the BETA pretty pointless as they always do a massive Day One patch and then it is patched heavily in the 1st month too.
Likewise. It's not really the type of game where you can have a little experimental play-around save, either, otherwise you're not really playing the game properly...

Looking at the SI forums though it seems like the big issues are crashes and graphical issues, and if you don't suffer with either, it seems pretty "safe".

Also good to wait for all the best graphics packs to come out, though...

Likewise. It's not really the type of game where you can have a little experimental play-around save, either, otherwise you're not really playing the game properly...

Looking at the SI forums though it seems like the big issues are crashes and graphical issues, and if you don't suffer with either, it seems pretty "safe".

Also good to wait for all the best graphics packs to come out, though...

You can use the graphics packs from the previous versions of FM.

I always get my Logos/Kits/Faces from Sortitout SI.

You can use the graphics packs from the previous versions of FM.

I always get my Logos/Kits/Faces from Sortitout SI.
Yeah, me too - you have to grab the new ones each year, though (well you don't have to, but I find there's always some obscure teams missing if you don't get the latest packs).

Every year I end up paying to download the facepacks too...

I have a lifelong subscription to Sortitout.. Can't remember how much it cost..

I will download them again this year and put them in a pack for you to download.

I have a lifelong subscription to Sortitout.. Can't remember how much it cost..

I will download them again this year and put them in a pack for you to download.
You absolute legend. :D Thank you, that'd be great.

It's always a painful process in my experience.

Unfortunetely not tried the new FM yet as waiting for the game to be fully released and the bugs to be ironed out abit before starting on a 100 hour career mode...

Thank you for all those links, bsmaff - I caved in and bought the game on Friday night after watching some videos. Instantly makes the game 90% more authentic.

I read in a review that they've started to work on the problem of what to do once you've got the tactics sorted and find yourself twiddling your thumbs all week between games, and they have - you can choose to receive reports from individual members of staff about different parts of the club (they're set to fortnightly by default, but I've changed them to weekly), and you get all kinds of notes to work on. Potential player replacements, promising player reports, training suggestions and issues... Really good.

I spent the first hour trying to sort out the backroom staff (and you can see how yours compares to the rest of the league's knowledge now, which helps you judge whether you need to spend a fortune on it or not) - I persuaded the board that we needed an extra coach, as well as a data analyst (so that I don't have to make sense of the incredibly complicated Prozone stuff - now called Stats) and a sports scientist (which is supposed to help prevent injuries a little bit).

Really enjoying it so far - although A) my avatar looks nothing like me, their photo-scanning system is a bit rubbish, and B) my laptop is struggling with the graphics and it looks like I can't just lower the resolution from 1080p without changing the ratio from 16:9 to 4:3, which seems crap on a laptop screen...

Bought the game and dowloaded the stuff Bsmaff posted links for (thans!, highly appreciated).

And now the newbie question, what do i do after downloading these files? I'm sorry, but i haven't got a clue...

Bought the game and dowloaded the stuff Bsmaff posted links for (thans!, highly appreciated).
  1. Download the .rar file and use a tool such as 7-zip for Windows or The Unarchiver for MacOSX to extract their contents.
  2. Move the extracted contents to your graphics folder:
    \Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\graphics\logos\
    Create folders "graphics" and "logos" if they don't exist already.
  3. Run Football Manager 2017 and go to Preferences > Interface:
    Disable Using caching to decrease page loading times
    Enable Reload Skin when confirming changes in preferences
    Hit the Confirm button
do the same thing for kits and faces

Pre-patches I was struggling (as Tranmere in the lower leagues) - post-patches my last three results are 5-0, 4-1 and 4-1 wins...! Still love the game but it's a shock.

Started playing this now finally after a couple of months.

So far it just feels like any other FM, which is good.

Tactics so far seem to be improved alot, you no longer have to have a massive stack of formations and tactics like the last few FM's.
It now seems that one tactic with a couple of tweaks from Home and Away seem to suffice, instead of 4/5 different tactics depending on who your playing and or home and away.

I started with Exeter City and signing players seems to be more difficult, but getting staff is much more realistic, in previous FM's you could get 20 rated staff in L2 - they have now improved this and most of my staff are rated 13/14 in a couple of stats and shite at everything else.
The signing of players and staff is now much more realistic compared to previous FM's.

Not noticed the Twitter stuff yet, and press conferences and newspaper interviews are still as pointless and boring as ever.(SI need to improve this as the same pool of 4 out of 10 questions everytime is boring)

Currently 10 games into the season and W7 D3 L0, so a very good start to the campaign and only a couple of loan players so using the Exeter City main team.

I will post more thoughts once I finish the opening season.

Last edited:
Started playing this now finally after a couple of months.
Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

I've played half a season and stalled a little bit as Tranmere in the Conference, started out winning games by a 3-goal margin, then played Lincoln (who are top of the league, in FM and in reality - they beat Ipswich on Wednesday too) and lost by a 3-goal margin... Since then, I've took the lead in about 50% of my games and ended up drawing after conceding in the second half.

Their form has totally died and I can't seem to get it back, and when I reach that point (the old "let's try everything" moment), I lose interest fast.

Still around 6th or 7th, but I'm playing games with "comprehensive" highlights, and can't figure out how to stop defenders hoofing the ball to the opposition / midfielders being second to every ball / strikers missing golden opportunities.

Finished my 1st season.

Won League 2 with Exeter.

Did not make many signings during the season and mainly used the squad which they start with, but this was mainly due to no budget than not wanting to sign anyone.

The problem I found with the game is that after about 20 odd the games the computer suddenly started making my tactic pretty much ineffective and I started drawing and losing a couple of games.
I just found it bizarre that it was like someone flicked a swicth on the game and just thought we will combat your tactic now.

As far as the game goes, I have not noticed too much difference from other FM's and players still get unhappy for the same reasons as before and the become happy again when you do the promises, to then wanting to leave again 4 weeks later.
Ollie Watkins wanted to leave because he wanted to play at a higher level. So I promised him promotion to L1 and he was then happy, got promoted and he was then really happy the promise was kept, so what happened next July 15th came and he asked to leave to join a bigger club and there is nothing I could do to persuade him to stay, and in the process I pissed off 8/9 1st team players and they were unhappy in the way Watkins was treated and called a team meeting which went bad and their morale dropped.

So although there are alot of elements of the game which are better, it still has some flaws which one year I am sure SI will get near perfect.

Next season it is up to L1 and hopefully a boring season of Mid Table football, before then pushing to be promoted the following season.

I have posted my League Table after 20 games and the final table.

20 GAMES:-

FINAL TABLE:-

I got this the other day, my last one was 2013-2014 I think so there are lots of nice new stuff for me.

I want to eventually do the lower league management thing and get a team to the prem. But at the moment I wanted to get used to everything so I am doing a campaign with Arsenal at the moment.

I was struggling to get Giroud to work upfront, so I tried Sanchez and he wasnt doing too well also. So I just put Lucas Perez in the center and he is amazing for me.

Still struggling to get consistent games from both Ozil and Sanchez. But I am doing tweaks as the time goes by and they are getting more consistently good for me.

I have a defensive tactic, attacking tactic and a basic tactic. All based around a 433.

I havent read anything on forums about tactics as I wanted to find my own way with them and slowly slowly I am coming up with a system to use all 3 at certain times with tweaks here and there depending on the opposition.

I am also hoping because I alternate between The 3 it will be harder for the computer to figure me out.

At the moment I am really liking it and I want to get stuck into a on-league team soon to see how I do.

I also forgot to mention I had an epic game against Barca. First group game of the champs league at home, I decided to go for it!

It was a crazy game, i went 2-1 up then they went 2-3 up, I got the equilizer and then Messi had a magic moment spanking one in from outside the box.

I thought that was it but in the last minute Sanchez skipped into the box and fired one in! 4-4 it was great and my team played well.

From this one game I studied what happened and managed to tweak my defence for future games.

I have made a tactic for going away at the bigger clubs so will ise it on Barca away next time.

Just played Chelsea away with it and beat them 1-3 which was nice.

Currrently lying in 3rd place in Prem as I lost to Crystal palace away in my second game. So the Arsenal frailties are still there.

It is great in this game, if you try and understand what went wrong in a game, you can usually fix it for the next....or next few games. obviously it doesnt always work and is trial and error, but it is great trying to work it out.

Back
Top Bottom