Football Manager 2014

Re: Football Manager 2013

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-tactics-training/110163-kris-swan-song.html

That thread is a great read. And it's so true, 2 things hit home; 1) That team comparison screen is vital, no point trying to play attacking possession game if you are bad at decisions, passing, etc. 2) When he says if you aren't comfortable using sliders, don't use them! So true, and probably has fucked up most of my other formations I tried to make :LOL:.

Are you on the official forums? I am constantly in the tactics forums reading what Cleon, WWFAN, Lam and Rashidi write. I don't really post over there but I lurk the heck out of that place. That's where I saw the same tips you posted and then some.

I broke the bank and got Gareth Bale to Man Utd and won the treble...haha, i know, i cheated by not thinking about the future and playing with such a strong squad, but it was lots of fun...trying to save the club now by selling players....but don't think anyone wants my players...

Got this game on Valentine's Day from my girlfriend, and I started with Barcelona yesterday! I sold Valdes to Man United for 15 mil, Villa to Liverpool for an amount I can't remember and Dani Alves to Chelsea for 20 mil. I then proceeded to bring in Neymar for 50 mil, a RB from Dortmund whose name escapes me right now, Ter Stegan and Hummels. I plan to play Hummels twice every 2 games, rotating him with Puyol, to give both playing time and a chance to shine for them team. Drew my first pre season match 2-2 against AC Milan and won the other two 2-0 versus Spurs and 1-0 versus Arsenal. In the Spanish Supercup first leg against Real Madrid in the Camp Nou I was trailing 1-0 at half time thanks to a penalty from Ronaldo but in the 90th minute Xavi tucked a goal away to secure a 1-1 draw ^^ In the second leg at the Bernabeau Messi struck twice to ensure a 2-0 result and win it for Barca! Yet to play any League games as yet, but tonight after I finish cooking I'll clock some in! Seems like an awesome game so far though! Thank you Nicole for getting me this, lol!

Is on green Man gaming 12 quid with cash back too.

Did the dropbox idea work?

The latest update has made my game smoother and fixed the mega lag I was getting on the editor. Also seem to be getting a larger variety of goals :)

This may be a stupid question, but I hope someone can help me out with this. I'm playing FM12 at the moment - I haven't been talked into getting 13 yet - and for some reason my preference changes will simply not save. I change the display mode from windowed to the one below default, plus I change a few of the skin colours for player attributes etc. However, everytime I boot up the game again, it has been reset and I have to redo everything. Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong here?

Thanks

What do you think is most exciting leagues to play non UK.

I wana start new game unsure what to do.

Italy- challenging league all decent teams top to bottom.
Germany- big league
France, Holland, Portugal- Prob intereesting challenge if not going one of top 2/3 teams.
Spain- Nice leagues also.

Brazil- Copa Libetardores etc regional laeagues, never done S.America before.

Other weird leagues kinda

Belgium, Russia, Cze Rep, Croatia, Turkey, Ukraine

Thougts?

Be nice to try all leagues over time but would take ages especially if plan to build team in each career.

The Argentine league is great. I took San Lorenzo in FM 11 and had some of the most fun I've ever had in FM. Took me 4 years to win the Libertadores and 4 tournaments (2 years) to win my first Argentine League. Got far in a few Sudamericana runs if I remember correctly. Anyways, it's fun, and if you manage your finances well, you can even get some old Argentines from Europe to come play for you before they retire.

i started with santos im on fm12 anyway got ganso, elano and gaymar.

Argentine league seems dull IRL its one of lowest scoring leagues in teh world which is ironic when u think of the players in Europe and national team such as Messi, maradona, Batistuta etc...how that is i do not know? Most games end 0-0 1-0 etc lol.

I also started something called pentagon challenge I found on net.

You start unemployed with sunday league reputation and try to find a club then work your way up with aim to win Champions league in all 5 continents.

I just got my 1st job in the 2nd division of the Chile leagues

FM2014 Feature Announcements

New Football Manager 2014 features are being announced every weekday, we'll keep you updated with regular daily emails until the games released.

NEW! New Player Roles
There are 8 new player roles in Football Manager 2014: Half back, target flank man, limited FB, complete wing back, enganche, regista, false no.9, shadow striker

NEW! Training Camps
FM2014 will have training camps properly integrated into the training calendar, allowing you to fully manage your pre-season training.

NEW! Split Training Days
FM2014 improves the training calendar allowing you to split single days into both Rest and Match Preparation

NEW! Fixture Previews
FM2014 adds regular news items previewing the next round of league fixtures

NEW! Conditional Loan Repayments
FM14 features more tranfer options when loaning players including conditional loan payments e.g "£500k repayable on promotion

NEW! Fixture rearrangement or postponement
Football Manager 2014 Features the ability for you to request fixture rearrangement or postponement if a number of your players are unavailable such as being called up for international duty

NEW! Continental Qualification News
FM14 features new and improved, streamlined Continental Qualification seeding news stories in your inbox before draws are made

NEW! Improved Shortlists
FM2014 will allow you to retain full access to your shortlists regardless of which team managed or if you're unemployed

NEW! Referee Categories
Football Manager 2014 features revamped referee categories, ensuring that the right level of ref is refereeing the correct matches

NEW! Fan reactions
New, improved and more realistic fan reactions to losses against vastly superior opposition in FM14

NEW! New stadium means increased attendance
FM2014 will featre increased attendances for fixtures, including friendlies, at new stadiums

NEW! Player suitability news item
Player suitability for different roles will be delivered in one report to your inbox in FM2014, allowing you to quickly adjust your team when recieving backroom advice

NEW! Press Conference for Stadium Enhancements
New Press conference questions if stadium improvements or a new stadium request is granted or rejected by the chairman

NEW! Regional Referees
FM2014 will have a revamp the way referees work in Football Manager with specific regional refs, refereeing regional competitions such as the Conference North

NEW! Congratulate player on international cap
In Football Manager 2014 you can privately congratulate a player on winning their 1st cap or scoring their 1st international goal

NEW! Enhanced Finance Management
Marker in financial projection graph to indicate where the club are in relation to the budget

NEW! Shot Analysis
You can now split the shot analysis page between first and second half shots for comparison in Football Manager 2014.

NEW! Referees Retire
Football Manager 2014 Referees retire and new ones appear.

NEW! Train players as leaders
In FM2014 you can train a player to develop into a leader.

NEW! Clauses included in transfer budgets
Your Football Manager 2014 transfer budget will now take into consideration all the clauses included in a transfer, not just the main fee.

NEW! Where are they now in Transfer History
The transfer history page in Football Manager 2014 now has a "where are they now" button, allowing you see how a player has progressed after leaving your club.

NEW! Reprimanding Captains
In Football Manager 2014 you can reprimand captains for bad behaviour and remind them that they should be more of a role model.

NEW! Define favourite formation
You can now define your own favourite formation when creating a new manager in Football Manager 2014.

NEW! Leak interest in job to the press
FM2014 adds the ability to leak your interest in a job at another club to the press rather than just applying directly.

NEW! Make players available for youth squads
Football Manager 2014 will allow you to make players available for the youth squads as well as just the reserves.

NEW! Fixture list includes potential cup opponents
When viewing your fixture list in FM2014 you will now see potential fixtures and opponents for future cup matches rather than waiting for the draw to be confirmed.

NEW! Assistant Manager takes control of training
In Football Manager you can assign your Assistant Manager to take control of all the different aspects of training.

NEW! Real time editor
An official FM14 real time editor will be released for FM2014 allowing you to edit various aspects of your saved game, not just new games.

NEW! Make use of your captain
In FM2014 captains can be asked to determine the mood/togetherness of the dressing room to help you know when you should have a team meeting. Captains can also be asked to resolve conflicts between two team mates in Football Manager 2014.

NEW! Check future transfer contracts
In Football Manager 2014 you'll be able to check the contracts that you've offered to players that are joining in the future

NEW! Bigger Stadium for European Matches
Football Manager 2014 allows you to schedule to play your European Matches at an alternative bigger stadium if your home stadium is too small

NEW! Ask a player to sack his agent
Having problems negotiating a contract with a player, or is his agent causing problems offering him around to other clubs? You can now ask the player to leave his agent in FM2014

NEW! TV Money Revamp
The amount of TV money each team gets is to get a total revamp to be more realistic in FM2014

NEW! Position History Graph
When choosing a club to start your Football Manager 2014 Career you can now view a position history graph to see how a club as performed in recent years

NEW! Pre Season Tour Merchandising Benefits
Going on pre season tours abroad in Football Manager will boost your shirt sales, bringing more money into your club

NEW! Director of Football Player Value Suggestion
The Director of Football will now suggest a more appropriate transfer value following unsuccessful attempts to sell a player in Football Manager 2014

NEW! Work Permits
FM2014 allows you to apply for work permits for your own players without having to offer them a new contract. Fixing a significant frustration faced by many Football Managers in previous versions.

NEW! Testimonials
Football Manager 2014 will feature for the first time, the opportunity for star players to have a testimonial having been at the club for a certain period of time or when they announce there retirement.

Looking forward to it. And I am still playing FM13. This site is blocked from work now so I just haven't been on to give updates.
It's April 2020 in my save. I'm with Fulham still. Haven't won anything yet but my team seems to be pretty strong this season. I'm in the Europa League semis. I'm in the final of the FA Cup. And I'm sitting 3rd in the league. Trying to finally qualify for the CL. One of my strikers has netted 44 times in al comps. Not bad.

I still play FM 2013 I have played 113 hours so far this year, which is probably less than normal for FM.

I am in 2022 playing as Arsenal, after getting Exeter City to the Premier League.

Very nice.

Just finished the season. Finished third in the EPL. Beat Man U in both the FA Cup Final and the Europa League Final. Great season I would say. I normally can't beat Man U.

I really hope they fix the online game. Me and brunnoce have had problems to play it since the release... To many incompatibilities due to different graphics customizations...

The good thing about FM is that it's so deep that you can play the game for the whole year without getting bored and we can wait for the next version playing the current one and still getting amazed by it..

^^ Agreed. It's great how you can use the editor to update transfers etc.

I'm still pretty interested in my FM13. My game with West Ham got corrupted, so I started again with Villarreal :)

I have racked up 664 hours on FM 13! :SHOCK: :LOL:

Got a really good game going as Charlton. I updated it all and started it around the beginning of September. Won the Championship first season, and now safe from relegation in second season! We're going to finish about 12th I think.

That's crazy! :LOL:
I skipped FM13 because last year was an exam year, can't wait for FM14 though. I'm gonna be addicted to my PC, between PES2014, FM14, Battlefield 4 and eventually GTA V. :BOP:

I envy you guys that can enjoy this game. I've never been able to enjoy it since I made Manchester United dirt poor and released all their players but they still got 4th place with youth players and free transfers. Think it was 2011 version...

If you want a challenge in this game, manage Coventry City... You start off significantly over your wage budget, no transfer budget, homeless (sharing Northampton Town's ground) and massively in debt.

The starting eleven is quite strong for League One, including some quality young players, but there's no depth so during busy weeks with multiple fixtures in quick succession they get completely knackered and you have to play your youth players who are completely out of their depth.

The board also accept offers on your behalf during the first transfer window, meaning I lost my only senior goalkeeper and my best midfielder only a few games into the season.

So, yeah, a superbly structured football club...

I don't know how many people play this in the forums here.

But thinking about doing a World Cup.
Would probably be played over one evening.

Game would be fast forwarded to May when the game stops to allow players to select their 30 man squad.

This is just an idea, and if anyone has any mates wanting to join then 32 is the limit.

Back
Top Bottom