Football Manager 2014

Re: Football Manager 2013

Twice today I've had FM crash on me during the last 10 mins of games I was winning. Replayed both games and lost both. Fucking bullshit.

I hope this is quite an early Beta as the 3d engine is pretty poor imo.

Didn't know there is the possibility to still use the dots. I quite liked them.

Becanes: go for Everton, they are a great club to play with. I have sweet memories playing FM with Everton as a couple of editions ago i managed to win both the Euro League (or Uefa Cup) and the EPL. Still my biggest achievement in FM.

Two editions ago i ended second in Ligue 1 with Montpellier, but winning with Everton is a bigger achievement. It was the first year Fellaini played for them, Arteta was still there and i bough Progrebnyak as a CF, he was outstanding for me...

IMO the current Everton team is very good one, not only the first eleven but also the bench is very good....it's always a temptation to go into thefootsteps of Moyes (IMO one of the best managers around).

Not feeling FM13 at the mo. Think I might go back to FM12 until the full version of 13 is out.

The match engine is really terrible... We'll get a release day patch, hope that'll fix it.

What exactly are the issues with it? Seems great to me.

I hate starting a new game with FM - it's hard to get into it, especially since I have such an epic Perugia game on FM 12. Might play FM12 until I'm bored of that save game.

What exactly are the issues with it? Seems great to me.

Loads of animations missing, I'm hoping they didn't wanna put them all in the beta. Just not very fluid at times. Goalkeepers go walkabouts sometimes too I've noticed.

I got sacked by Charlton :LOL:. 12 games without a win then I applied for the Leicester job, board didn't like it and wouldn't accept my apology and sacked me!

A month later I applied for and got offered the Leeds and Brighton jobs, looking at the squads I accepted the Brighton job, telling the board we would play possession and attacking football! Playing an attacking 4-2-3-1 formation. Won 1 and Drew 1 so far.

I hate starting a new game with FM - it's hard to get into it, especially since I have such an epic Perugia game on FM 12. Might play FM12 until I'm bored of that save game.

Sometimes that's the only way to do it!

Loads of animations missing, I'm hoping they didn't wanna put them all in the beta. Just not very fluid at times. Goalkeepers go walkabouts sometimes too I've noticed.

I got sacked by Charlton :LOL:. 12 games without a win then I applied for the Leicester job, board didn't like it and wouldn't accept my apology and sacked me!

A month later I applied for and got offered the Leeds and Brighton jobs, looking at the squads I accepted the Brighton job, telling the board we would play possession and attacking football! Playing an attacking 4-2-3-1 formation. Won 1 and Drew 1 so far.

You're a mercenary! A modern day Alan Curbishley!

Somethings definitely not quite right with FM13 for me. Think I'll go back to FM 12 and my game on there.

I gave up on FM13 over the weekend, like others have said I just couldn't get into it due to the match engine really taking away from the match experience, so went back to my FM12 Oldham Athletic save.

Hopefully issues with the match engine get sorted by release day.

Which players you want screen shots off?

Some players from the A-League that I can't find in an excel dump I have. Is it possible to get a dump showing the 10 A-League squads and then I can tell you which of them I'm missing. It really depends whether the squad list you have is up to date, otherwise you might be looking for players that are hard to find and I don't want to waste your time.

Brisbane Roar FC - Y. Takahashi and D. Do. I'll have to look up their first names.

Paul Reid from Sydney FC but last year he was between two different clubs.

Finkler - from Melbourne Victory (he's Brazilian).

There's a few more but look if it's a bit of work for you then I'll grab some stats from FIFA's database.

Its getting to the point where its really not worth buying games on "day 1", let alone paying for a beta weeks before release.

Hopefully it hasnt, but seems like its tarnished a few peoples views of it already just because its not finally polished and your views have already made me reconsider a purchase - certainly wont be buying day 1 myself now due to these issues.

Wonder if these sort of deals are a marketing nightmare.

Yeah, I know what you mean Paul, it is also a good way of them getting lots of beta testers for two weeks as well though...

Miles has today said that the FM13 beta will be getting updated (save game compatible) this weekend!

I don't like it on FM13 when you click a match result and it loads up the 3D stadium view. Is there any way to get it like old versions where it just takes you to the match information screen?

Football Manager 2013 is £19.50 on GreenManGaming if you use the voucher code GMGFM-35OFF-SCORE.

Not for a few years, no. Me and CW used to have a network game going when he lived round here, was good fun.

The match engine is really terrible... We'll get a release day patch, hope that'll fix it.

What is so bad about it? I haven't played FM since 2008/2009. Could be refreshing for me since I hear a lot has changed.

Man, I find this game to be so difficult. I also find the new UI to be very time consuming to use. FM12 was so easy to navigate so I knew exactly what I was doing. Now it feels like things are too disjointed :(

Man, I find this game to be so difficult. I also find the new UI to be very time consuming to use. FM12 was so easy to navigate so I knew exactly what I was doing. Now it feels like things are too disjointed :(
I kinda agree. Everything feels like a bit of a hassle really. It's weird. I'm going to stick with it though! Not feeling my game as Arsenal, (feels a bit like cheating to me starting as a big club!). So I think I'm going to start a new game in Spain's 2nd division as recently relegated Villarreal.

Back
Top Bottom