Football Manager 2010

Works best for people who have jobs and are married. Students (like myself :(() have their hours, Coursework, Exams and Social lives to keep together.

YG, married people with jobs?! I don't know how much time they have to play this 'properly' either. :P They're probably as screwed as us but for different reasons. A nagging wife and kids to feed lol. :P

PLF - Im with you man. Had to stop playing this game purely because i just dont have the time to invest into it to make it worthwhile. Love it too and when I do get a chance it is really enjoyable, however, the time needed to play it properly just isnt viable in my lifestyle.

Gerd, C_H, exactly! This aspect of it is so frustrating. Lol I'm relieved to hear I'm not the only one with this same dilemma every year guys.
FM for me as a hardcore footy fan like most of you I'm sure is like THE best game ever!! Couldn't ask for more!! It's a dream come true! God bless SI! And it is the ONLY game I'd play on PC at least anyway if any. BUT because of its in-depth nature and my personality, it's either do or die lol. Play it and give up your life or don't play it.... :ANX: It's a lose-lose situation lol. Cuz if I pick it up, I'm gonna be spending as much time as a REAL manager on that game with the difference between I'm not getting paid for this lol so it's messed up to let it take over your life like you are tempted to do as you sit in front of the computer monitor for hours upon hours....

I don't know maybe by the time FM11 rolls around, next year by which time if everything goes according to plan, I should've graduated and am hopefully unemployed :D and single lol, I can FINALLY PROPERLY enjoy FM for the 1st time in my life. :P

Last edited:
I' m married and i have a job...i can assure you that i have less time than when i was a student...for example i have a six year old son who likes gaming and who likes to play footy games (he's too young to play FM, but in a couple of years he will also want to play FM...).

I've become addicted again :(

Started a game with Crewe and still in my pre-season but my squad seems a bit poo and I'm expected to be third at the end of the season?!

Got £30k to spend and that's not bringing anyone in, already had 3 loans set before I started so loans aren't an option either. Hopefully my scouts will find some players in Scotland and Ireland as I could do with some talent up front and at centre-back.

Signed MC's Mark Fotherington and Alessandro Cammarieri and the fans were well happy with those two, got high hopes for my midfield pairing there :)

Easier for me to remember English names ... even though I've signed an Italian :LOL:

Downloading through Steam, great tool(amazing speed), every game should be released like that, this way everyone in the world would be able to get games on release day :D

Except their prices are ridiculous.:TTTH:

Still waiting for my free digital copy (as a researcher). Bloody lazy bastards.

Postman hasn't arrived so it looks like it'll be here tomorrow. :(

I'm loving the demo, the match engine is a world apart from the last one now and it's far less of a chore to watch. And only £17 from Zaavi - SI deserve twice that, unlike the Champ Man guys who took £3 off me for one of the worst management games I've ever played. They'll never be beaten.

It'll be great to have with FIFA's Manager Mode being such a disappointment as well...

Postman hasn't arrived so it looks like it'll be here tomorrow. :(

I'm loving the demo, the match engine is a world apart from the last one now and it's far less of a chore to watch. And only £17 from Zaavi - SI deserve twice that, unlike the Champ Man guys who took £3 off me for one of the worst management games I've ever played. They'll never be beaten.

It'll be great to have with FIFA's Manager Mode being such a disappointment as well...

You like the tactics wizard, Chris? I find it makes a massive difference to how the teams play.

Also you have to love the backroom advice :COOL:

The tactics wizard is what I've wanted for years, FINALLY it's human instead of "OI! GOODISON! 12 CLOSING DOWN! 14 PASSING! REMEMBER YOU'RE ON 2 CREATIVITY!"

It's so much more football and so much less World of Warcraft kid trying to fit in on a Saturday. Love it, and all of the individual settings as well (target man, poacher etc.).

The backroom advice is great as well, my only worry is that every single thing I've seen so far, the "second opinion" guy has ALWAYS strongly disagreed. Which is weird.

I think that the patch released today is meant to fix this issue of second opinion always being in disagreement.

Also ordered from Zavvi, not arrived today, hopefully it'll arrive on Monday.

Not played a game yet only in pre season atm but the tactics wizard could get me back in FM again

Last edited:
It seems somehow i have "lost" the graphics card of my PC...i would like to buy FM10, but obviously without graphic card, it ain't no use...can somebody help me (i know this is a very stupid question and very off-topic...sorry).

Tried the demo and i got a message: "failed to set up graphics system"...

Back
Top Bottom