Football Manager 2009

HAHA...

After winning the league my striker (23 years old) was the english footballer of the yar and won the golden boot. I was the manager of the year.

Dave Jones in the making!

I will be getting that new update that was delayed till the morning and starting a fresh.

Got my new skin, player pics, comp logos and i'm all set to go!

OK, I'll download it anyway and start with Villareal.

So I've started a Middlesborough one. Have managed to cling onto my better players despite obvious interest from some top clubs (i.e Arca, O'Neil, Mido etc).

Got a few promising youngsters and with a few nice additions (Maniche and Slyvinho) I'm hoping to please my board with instant promotion!

How the hell did Spurs win the EPL in my save? 2 points ahead of Manchester and 4/5 of Chelsea and Arsenal. Something is quite wrong here.

Who do they have upfront?

I'm managing England now, not a lot of depth!

On my juventus save, been working on improving my defensive line as the attack will maintain its structure most of the season, rotation will be used only in special cases. But, so far bought:

Fiorillo - 2,1
Santon - 2,4
Fazio - 19,5
Balzaretti - 4,2 + Marchionni
Rafinha - 13
(in negotiations)
Vanden Borre - 2,3 + Salihamidzic

Planning on selling Iaquinta as i already have 2 target mans (Trezeguet and Amauri), planning on loaning De Ceglie like i did with Criscito (to Atlético Madrid) since he as been poor compared to Molinaro and since i have Balzaretti as 1st choice, one of the 2 needs to go for better balance of the teams rotation.

But the real prob here is that Inter are making some SUPER transfers so far. They already bought:

Pandev
Kuzmanovic
Montolivo
Jovetic

I am completely sure this team, when fully gellied, will be rock solid in attack and make some sweet goals like last season, but this season Mourinho is really scaring me with some transfers... And adding to those they bought, they already have Zhirkov, Toulalan (summer transfers) besides the issue that i hate that mourinho rotates perfectly and still achieves sick results.

I will just have to wait and see what this second season they have to bring.

Kuzmanovic, Montolivo, AND Jovetic? What's happening with Fiorentina?
They sold pretty much their midfield, only Melo left and im sure it will not be juve who will buy him for 20m this time.

They had a pretty awful season finishing 5th or 6th but they are still qualified as "Rich" so i don't really see the point on selling all their talents. Only option is they wanted to leave but i still don't see them all wanting to leave.

The worst thing is that they bought Montolivo for a bargain of 10,4M yet they co-owned Kuzmanovic (he is still in Fiorentina) for 17,6M. Jovetic was the cheapest: 9,6M for the young talent, don't know if it was another co-own though, i would have to check.

Still about Inter, saw their game against AC in the supercup and they demolished milan 3-0, but when they scored their second Thiago Silva got sent off for a hard tackle on cambiasso so they proceeded to score the other easily. But their attack is fierce and specially when they engage their Attacking formation. From what i saw, the moment thiago was sent off Mourinho started a more offensive tactic where Maico&Maxwell (wingbacks) started moving forward more, Cambiasso could shot and advance more so did muntari (then stankovic) and the attack was super quick (Zhirkov-Pandev-Quaresma). Its going to be a super hard season for me, getting second doesn't really seem to be the problem, the real issue is having to see inter winning another 30 games in a row like they did last season. Thats what pisses me off.

Just a quick question, can i add more leagues or change their state when im already playing a game? I have most of them with "See only" but i wanted to change that to playable, can i do it or can i only change them in the beginning of the game?

Just a quick question, can i add more leagues or change their state when im already playing a game? I have most of them with "See only" but i wanted to change that to playable, can i do it or can i only change them in the beginning of the game?

You can't add leagues/change anything during a save..:CRY:

I don't understand why they've bothered putting that feature in if you can't change it at any point. "Oh look, a CPU side are winning that league, I like them, that's good..."

It's to give a more complete game world I guess.

It means that players in that league are actually playing and I think it also makes a difference to promotions/relegations and who qualifies for Europe.

I realise that but as far as I'm concerned you don't have to "see" that, they'll pick appropriate teams anyway using the quicker simulation system. You're just adding more processing time to see a league that you'll never be able to play in.

When they first announced it they were very misleading about it, people jumped to the conclusion that you'd be able to play in that league by changing the league settings at any point and nobody from SI corrected them.

Crap man, that's so lame...So i can only "watch" the other leagues except my own for the remaining of the save, i can't even receive work porpoises from other teams besides the ones on my country, that's pretty unrealistic to me...
Oh well, btw not even with any kind of Editor you can do it right? Maybe there isn't one to begin with..

I usually choose about 6 leagues as playable, usually England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France (down to at least the 3rd tier of each) then I choose Holland, Portugal and Scotland as View only as well any others I feel like, so I don't normally have a problem like you seem to be having Neo.

Also I've got ddt files that load all players from all major nations which is fantastic.

I've got Knowing ad boards in my Valencia game right now.

fm09knowingpromo.jpg

First time I've had this.

Got back into my first ever save with mighty Benfica! lol

Currently in the end of the 2rd season, got some sweet regens that will most likely be sold like more then half my team, i can't keep any1, either keep them or not having transfer budget...

Am currently leading the Portuguese league, lost the Carlsberg Cup to Porto (1-0), beat Juventus in the First knockout round (aggregate 5-4) and just lost to Manchester United 2-1 away with the ref obviously stealing and sending off rafinha and making me play with only Makukula (which eventually scored, Yey!).

Maybe i will post some of the kids i bought previously, quite a nice youth group i have here, and most of them didn't even cost 2M so that means instantaneous profit!

Back
Top Bottom