Football Manager 2009

On a side note, im pissed with FM atm, a stupid ref made me lose an important game against Sampdoria (they are now 2nd in Serie A) and this weird but that i talked about in the chat box, when a player from my team is down the oposition always scores, its unbelieavable specially against AC or Inter, they just saw f*** you Juve and then score out of nowhere and the ref validates it. How stupid is that? Im not even going to comment the freekicks, since those are just plain bad for me but perfect for the oposition.. i only hit 1 in like 4 and that was when i had Del Piero fit (20 in freekicks) now with Giovinco its more like 1 in 10... Any weird bug going on in your save?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for the info Chris and Neoex, I was wondering as it would be easier for me to game on the move rather than use my laptop when im at home only.

The amount of injuries that occur on a weekly basis in my two games is very, very annoying.

On a positive note I started a game with Inter with the intention of bringing sexy back. I signed Steven Defour and Diego Buonanotte for under £12 million and they both been great, especially Buonanotte.

inter1stseason.jpg

I didn't do anything, its been like that since I first started playing.

I'm playing with the latest update, maybe that's why.

If you want those Bars instead of the Numbers, just go under the "search" box and there is a "View" panel, click that and you even have the additional what increased what arrows (this related to training).
Hope it was helpful. =)

Is there anything that I can do to stop these stupid teams and managers from tapping up my players in public and making stupid bids?

I'm so pissed off by this crap, Diego has only been at Spurs for six months and now he is unhappy because that clown called Jose has tapped him up. Luka Modric has been unhappy for almost a year now!

Every week, Bryan Munchen, Inter, Barca, Man City and more recently Man Utd openly talk about my players.

I've been top of the table all season, I'm through to the first knock out round of the Champions League. What more do I need to do FFS.

I've given Charlie and Bale new contracts but Luka isn't interested, luckily for me he is on a six year contract.

All this unrest isn't affecting their performances or morale which is weird.

Try complementing them after a good game like your delighted with them or something when they get an 8 or higher and do that often so he enjoys playing in there and feels comfy to play in your command and sometime later he may even consider you his "best staff" or whatever is called in the EN version.

On a side note, that last Juve save was getting really boring because Inter were just plain sick and won every single cup in the last 2 seasons and the CL they often go to the Semi/final so its no fun when they have 90 million to spend and you have 20 (max 30) and all good players are in Real Barcelona or Manchester. So i started a new save but i don't have money at the start so every1 can't make transfers and we go right of to the friendlies and then the Championship itself, quite fun to do it.
Maybe i will give a small update on this in the second round of Serie A (even tough no1 real cares, just for the fun of it and for the sake of wasting some time since weather here is either sun+wind+cold or extreme hot=to hot to be ourside...).
Ciao! lol

I've been doing that recently and not a lot of noise has been made but that's probably because the transfer window is closed. Gareth Bale has added two managers to his Best Staff.

I'm 1 point clear of Man City in the league with seven games left but I got knocked out of the Champions League by Barca. I won the second leg 2 - 0 at home but got battered 0 - 3 in the first leg.

Another thing is that I brought my Inter formation over to my Spurs game and it was working well. Bale was getting lots of assists and the midfielders were scoring but for some reason the strikers weren't. I decided to go back to a 4-4-2 formation and now their making up for lost time and can't stop scoring.

It was so bad at one point, Pav went 962 minutes without scoring!

It took a lot of hard work to go unbeaten, this is the first time I've ever managed it in a football management game.

It took a lot of hard work to go unbeaten, this is the first time I've ever managed it in a football management game.

I was just being silly winding you up saying it was unrealistic spurs winning, though Newcastle 6th is about as big of a surprise. I hadn't even noticed the unbeaten part lol.

:D, I'm more happy with Bale getting 20 assists and Matty Fernandez scoring 18 goals than not losing a league game as silly as that sounds.

'hard work'!? lots of resetting after losses!?
Do you know what, no matter how hard I try I can't stop myself doing that when I'm within so many places of the playoffs. One of the (many) reasons I stopped playing it, I'd be stuck playing the same game 71 times until the game let my stronger, quicker, more skilful team win and I wouldn't take no for an answer...

I only reset after one loss, I was leading at HT then in the second half the opposition took out four of my players and scored four goals from nowhere.

Like I said before its the first time I've ever done it in 8/9 years.

I've only done it once in 09 and that was after a monumental fuck up and glitch in the game. I was playing a CL semi final second leg having won the first leg 3-0 away from home. I went 1-0 up early on only to have my keeper sent off in about the 10th minute, only problem was I didnt have another keeper on the bench so I had to put an outfield player in goal! Little did I know, this would be the equivilent of putting a pile of mashed potato between the sticks for the remaining 80ish minutes as at half time it was 6-1 to the other team with all but 1 of their shots going in, so I quit and started again.

Back
Top Bottom