Football Manager 2008

Re: Football Manager 2008 Demo

If he can install it

why the fuck do they use java to install it? its caused noting but problems since FM 07

if it aint broke dont fix it

Still not working for you Coopz?

I installed it to our 32bit tablet then copied the folder over to my 64bit desktop PC, the game booted to the menu fine, I'm uploading an archive of the whole directory to mediafire now, should be ready for download in 4-5 hours.

No still not working for me mate

ok cheers for that ill grab it as soon as its up

Thanks ill grab it now and let you know how i get on

Cool, I started a game as Sheff Wed manager of course and went through a few days, I miss the huge database of foreign players that the full version gives you, I did sign David Thompson on a free though which made the fans happy :)

Oh my God, this is the first ever CM/FM I've ever played that I'm really not that keen on. :( You know how people say "you always hate PES at first but then you love it" and all that crap? Well that's never happened to me with FM, I've always been madly in love with each CM/FM from the start. But this one is not growing on me at all...

The interface is okay, I like the new features (a lot more interaction with your staff, that's great), and all the off-the-pitch stuff seems groovy. But the match engine... I really don't like it. The ball looks like it's going miles over the bar, but it goes in (like the goalposts are 20ft high or something). So I don't know whether it's going miles over or whether it's on target any more. And it seems like nearly all the shots, from great strikers, go miles and miles wide. The way the ball moves... I really don't like it. :(

So I can't stand the PES2008 demo, I'm not keen on this demo... FIFA 08 better last me!!

Release date announced: October 19th (my birthday). :)

Am I the only one getting mixed messages here?

I might get it on my new Mac computer - Is it exactly the same on the Mac as the PC does anybody know?

I've only ever played it on PC.

Going to download tonight. I never watch the match engine anyway, cant stand them so it shouldnt upset me too much.

Am I the only one getting mixed messages here?
I love the off-the-pitch stuff. The way that your staff have so much to say now is amazing, and you've got fan representatives and more parts to play with, I think it's great. It's just the match engine, and I'm hoping and praying they fix that.

I might get it on my new Mac computer - Is it exactly the same on the Mac as the PC does anybody know?

I've only ever played it on PC.

Yes its exactly the same.

I just started the download for 3 and it was fine? Do you have an account there? If you sign up you can transfer the files over to your own account IIRC, that might make a difference.

I found a HUGE talent at the end of my game-time, Brazilian CB, only 18 years old and he can be better than Puyol.

That's just the regular gold demo, read the thread, he can't install the regular demo as neither could I, that's why I uploaded the version I uploaded......

haha i like that advert

btw placebo i downloaded the rars and extracted the folder and the game worked fine

cheers for that

Apparently there's going to be a patch around release day and the major problem I have (ball being too high when it goes in the net) is being looked at. So it's back on my must-have list. :)

The demo isn't always attractive to me. When the retail comes out, I always like to start a game with about 4 other countries in anyway (so I can manage abroad at some point) and the demo just restricts you to England. Shame.

I will start again as well, no way am I using a quick-start with one league. And I'll only start once the patch is out, I want the fixes applied from the start. But it's nice to play a couple of games, just to check things out. I'm glad I saw the match engine and I had chance to complain about it, otherwise it might not have been looked at. And the tactical changes reeeeeeally make a difference now, you tell them to move up the pitch and they visibly move up the pitch, whereas before it would only be when they lost the ball or whatever. I'm really impressed but it's all ruined for me by really slow jerking dribbling and shots that you have no idea are going in or going over.

I'm sure I've read that there will be an option to prevent transfers until the January transfer window, as the game already has the Summer transfers (and the CPU continues to go and buy players, usually the same ones each game too) ... great idea if you ask me :)

I downloaded it the other day for the Mac and I really like it. I used to be addicted to Champ Man for years - but I really didn't have enough time to devote to it in recent years. So I have missed out on a couple of previous ones - but this has got the old juices going once again, think I will purchase it - there goes all my free time :-)

Back
Top Bottom