Football Manager 2007

Just into my second season. Started with Strasbourg and started awfully, but picked up really good and went on a 12 game unbeaten run. The board decided they werent happy and offered me to resign before they sacked me :(

Then moved to Peterborough with 20 games left, expecting mid-table. Got them to the playoffs but got beat. Issued an ultimatum asking for more funds and got sacked :(

So now working with Cordoba in the Spanish second division who offered me a job to stop them being relegated and if I can do that, they'll give me a proper contract. Bought in a few good players so fingers crossed!

I have also grown tired of Football manager aswell. I used to love it - played it for ever!!

But I just don't have the patience for it anymore - I don't have that much time either aswell.

I have put it down to me getting older. I bought the PSP version and found that enjoyable for a few seasons playing with Tranmere. But Then I just stopped and nothing is pulling me back in.

I used to get cravings for Championship manager - If I was away from it for a couple of hours, I would get this annoying felling in my stomach, I just had to play it!!

That has died now - and it is a shame.

I've had enough of this game.

I was waiting to see if a player would sign so I "holidayed" over a result. We won 2-0. This intrigued me, as my team had lost for the last five or six games, and I came up with the idea for an experiment.

I kept on quitting and loading the game, holidaying over that same fixture, and nine times out of ten we win. I then quit the game, loaded the game and played the game ten times. Two 2-2 draws, eight defeats. So let's break this down; if the CPU uses my team selection and my formation, we win. If I use my team selection and my formation, we lose. If the CPU does what I would do, it wins. If I do it, I lose. Which makes the game a bit fucking pointless, really. Talk about a cheating game...

Anybody here is interested in Football Manage Live???
This game seems fantastic to me...i have given myself up as a beta tester...i really looking forward to this game...

Jack i think you must have a premature midlife crisis...i'm the one who's supposed to have one (my remedy: playing video games and visiting forums where i'm by far the oldest member).

There's a seperate thread about FM Live Gerd - I'm looking forward to it more than I have any previous FM.

i just started a network game against my mate - but the game is so bloody frustrating.

it seems there is too much of a random aspect, especially when playing away games.

i can beat real madrid and ac milan, then the next week loose away to watford and sheffield utd - i'm arsenal by the way...

anyone got any fundamental tips on playing this game? i have heard stories about people going over 50 games unbeaten!!!

play 4-4-2

and the midfield 2 wide players et to wingers with arrows up, and the 2 central mids.

The left one should be set to a DM with a diagonal right down arrow and the other set to AM with a diagonal up right arrow

that formation has always bought me sucess, if it dosnt tinker a 442 to suit your players

i would put Cesc or Rosiky with the attacking arrow and Gilberto with the defensive

just finished my second season - won the premiership, after finsihing 9th! in my first season...

my mate got relegated with liverpool! but they still didn't sack him, and he just finished top of the championship in season 2.

it would appear to me, that player morale is the most important factor in the entire game, and what you say in your team-talks is vital to the success of your team.

in the first season, i didn't give one single team-talk (just pressed contine each time) and my player's morale were up and down, as were the results, but this time, morale rarely dipped below okay for any of my players and i romped it. i also have a uefa cup final to play (won league cup in season 1) tomorrow when we continue...

is it correct that morale plays such an important role in this game?

surely calibre of player should count for more?

SI have said morale is a huge factor in games and playing a team of reserves with maximum morale will probably be better than your first team with rock-bottom morale.

I suppose morale should count for a lot, it would affect a player in real life hugely too.

might seem like a stupid question, but when a game is playing, how do you make a substitution? All I seem to get is access to information and have to wait for half time to make a sub. Just got the game off a mate and trying before I buy.

Click on "Man Utd tactics" (or whoever you are), then drag a player's name onto the player you want to substitute, or the other way around.

Still hit and miss whether it lets me make substitutes or not. Most times it's just information that I can't change.
3 games in and I have Giggs, Scholes, Nani, Ronaldo, Ferdinand, Heinze and Saha injured.
Think I'll keep my money instead and buy beer.

The last patch fixes the injury crisis issue, to an extent. SI swear it's actually realistic, and quote various injury records to prove it, but I'm not so sure. I don't remember Man Utd starting last season without any first team players.

Weird that you can't make substitutions all the time, perhaps that's an issue that needs the patch as well. Check it out before you give in.

Latest patch downloadable here.

I've just installed this again ready to use it to correct all the database errors we know Fifa08 will have, I wondered if anyone recommends any community created database updates which update transfers and maybe (reliably) tweak some players that are under/over-rated by default in FM? :)

I've just installed this again ready to use it to correct all the database errors we know Fifa08 will have, I wondered if anyone recommends any community created database updates which update transfers and maybe (reliably) tweak some players that are under/over-rated by default in FM? :)

FMWeegie was a good database I used. FM 2008 is out in a month though?

Yeah but it's out October 28th isn't it? By that time I plan to be well into my Sheffield Wednesday managerial career (routed to the foot of the championship if Fifa08 is at all realistic ;))

Will you be playing FM 07 when FIFA 08 is out tho? You've only got 11 days to last! You can do it mate! :)

Oh no I'm not going to be playing FM, it's purely for getting data from to fix errors in the Fifa08 database, from my experience FM's data is much more accurate than Fifa's, especially for lower league teams/players.

I'm going to knock up a database containing players/photos/stats along with their Fifa attributes next to CM attributes alongside converted attributes to use in Fifa (CM is out of 20 and Fifa is out of 100 I believe?) Not sure if anyone else would be interested in it but I might make the venture public so we can add all the players that are wrong in Fifa so uber geeks like me could download the database and make fixes easily :)

It'd be great to use accurate modified databases for FIFA, but if UEFA CL was a sign of anything, it might force you to use original databases for playing online :(

Well that I can live with, at least for manager mode I'd like to "fix" the Sheffield Wednesday team with FM's data, if the database is anything like 07 PS2 it will be really inaccurate......

Hi guys ive made an update for FM 2007 to bring it uptodate to 2010-11 if anyones interested head over to SIgames forums and click on "Editors Hideaway" then click on Schmeichels FM 2007 update..hope you like it..

Back
Top Bottom