Football Manager 2007

I love footy manager 07.

Won Ligue 1 in my 1st season with Marseille as Lyon kept drawing games. in my second season and have made it too the Champions League Final vs Arsenal. sit top of the league 5 points clear of Lyon.

Cisse is a goal machine and Ribery is sweet!!

Always a great game on pc, I really like the way you can make transfers, and add club and competition logos to the PSP version now, makes the world of difference.

Which patch are we talking about now? I thought the 7.0.1 patch created more bugs? Or is there a new patch out?
New patch out. There was the 7.0.1, and now there's the 7.0.1 Build 9**** (I forget the other numbers). It removes all of the major bugs and it plays a brilliant game, I'm hooked again. Only problem is I've still got scouts coming back with a thousand recommendations a day; but if I started a new game, perhaps I wouldn't have the problem any more (although several on the SI forums have and have still got it).

New patch out. There was the 7.0.1, and now there's the 7.0.1 Build 9**** (I forget the other numbers). It removes all of the major bugs and it plays a brilliant game, I'm hooked again. Only problem is I've still got scouts coming back with a thousand recommendations a day; but if I started a new game, perhaps I wouldn't have the problem any more (although several on the SI forums have and have still got it).

CHeers Jack, I have downloaded it and will start using tonight. Hopefully my performance with Pompey will improve.

For the first time in my life, I've really gone off Football Manager. I used to play it every day (in-fact I've played CM/FM more or less every day for six years), but all of a sudden my lower-league team (Vauxhall Motors, just down the road from where I live) fell to pieces. They won promotion in the second season, which was a slog, settled into the Conference finishing mid-table in the next season, and then the game just seemed to say "right, you're fucked now". All of the tactics stopped working, the defensive line would come up to the half-way line no matter what instructions they were given (and believe me, I was telling the fuckers to stay glued next to the goalkeeper, and they were still bombing forward like wingers)... Some games were 1-0 losses, others were 6-0 and there was even an 8-0. When you're at that level, nobody will sign for you either, even if you go well over your budget to try and nab somebody.

So I started again to try and get the fun back with the team I support, Tranmere Rovers, and I'm just not having fun with it any more. The life seems to have been sucked out of it, I really don't care if we win (usually 3-0) or lose (99% of the time either 2-0 or by a last-minute against-the-run-of-play goal). I just can't be bothered fiddling with 79 different areas of the formation and the general tactics to fix it.

Whenever anybody else has said "it's not the same any more" I've wondered what the hell they were talking about, and now I'm gutted that it's happened to me. That means I'm playing zero football games now, with PES going down the pan each year and FIFA including a great game engine but with one game mode. :(

and your surprised The life seems to have been sucked out of it when u play it everyday

I agree with Jack. There are no decent footy games anymore which can be played 24/7. I remember playing WE7,8,9 ALL the time but now it's like I don't give a shit. I dont care what anyone says, Fifa is still Fifa and I can't get into that either. Bastards

I still play CM97/98, I started to get annoyed when they brought in the thousands of paramaters and it just made it frustrating and meant that only people who played it constantly could ever really figure it out. I'm not 14-15 any more so I can't spend four hours every night playing through a month of virtual football! I can get a whole season done in 97/98 in that time.

its a very hard balance, if they dont add extra then they are criticised for making an 'update' you have to pay for, adding more makes a complex game even deeper pushing it further away from the more casual gamers. i really dont like 07, something about the presentation seems like a backward step and it seems alot more difficult just to jump into. whereasi really enjoyed 05 and 06, oh well!

good point, i wonder where they are goona draw the line and say enough is enough. Next they will be adding Food/Diets to the game ala Wenger

<-------Repurchase this (or WE6:FE) to solve your dilemma

You know it makes sense ;)

Too right, I still play ISS Pro Evo 2. Why can't they make 'em like that anymore?

I also agree on football manager. I played CM 03/04 to death, ok I know it had its bugs but it as much easier to pick up and play. I preferred the user interface as well on it.

FM 2007 was good for a while but now I am bored.

Oh well back to ISS pro...:)

If you download the last patch, there's a transfer update in that.

Anybody have the 360 version? I'm itching to play FM online but I've only tried it once or twice on the PC version and people just seem to quit after a day. Is the 360 version any good online?

Anybody have the 360 version? I'm itching to play FM online but I've only tried it once or twice on the PC version and people just seem to quit after a day. Is the 360 version any good online?

I also hate the ppl that leave after one day.. i'm up for a long term game if u want ?

online the 360 version is a joke

you can only play with mates no other teams and you cant do transfers

Jack, i think you are getting older...that must be the reason why you don't like it anymore...you've associated your youth with games like CM and PES/WE, now you're getting older and you become nostalgic for things that are not the way they once were.

I had that with other things...when i was young (30 years ago) everything seemed different (not necessarily better, but different, more enjoyable)...

When you're 20-35 you start getting "mature" and (which is worse) "acting mature and responsable" (ouch)...

Once you're approaching 40 you will change and you will act otherwise: take a young mistress (i avoided that trap by marrying a wife who is much younger), buying fancy cars and the wrong clothes or "playing again" (that's what i did: video games...my 32 year old younger self would be horrified if he knew..well my second passion is still reading...here goes the stereotype of video games and virtual illiteracy...), some paternalistic people call this mid-life crisis...

You'll see when you're almost 40...(i'm over 60 then..or dead...can you imagine that).

FM2007 is class. having already conquered the german league winning every title for like 11 years or so except twice when Werder bremen stole it from me, i took charge of boca juniors winning the league opening stage, closing stage and championship but losing libertadores final to corinthians, i also won the dutch league with ajax on goal difference psv 2nd. im 2nd in tne belgian league with anderlecht. where next....who knows im thinking portugal!!!!!!!!!

Try going a small team where winning the league will actually be an achievement and not an expectancy ;)

I have been playing again recently as Derby, got promoted first season and now im sitting 6th in the prem with 20+ games gone

Back
Top Bottom