1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Football Kingdom - Namco

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by ThomasGOAL, 1 April 2004.

1. ThomasGOAL

ThomasGOAL Retired Footballer

15 March 2003
    France
  2. Oli

Oli Gooner

1 September 2002
    London
    Arsenal
    Thats the graphics Winning Eleven should have.. if this game has gameplay anything like WE then it could be brilliant :l The screens have made me interested.

3. gomito#10

gomito#10 World Cup Winner

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    it looks alot like WE....

4. Professor Nutmeg

Professor Nutmeg ML Fanatic

3 July 2002
    Master League
    Interesting :-k

5. H4wk3y3

H4wk3y3 Guest

Im not convinced the graphics are any better. In fact I think they are worse than the pc version.

6. Chamakh

Chamakh Guest

Looks promising!

Would be good if a game could finally get near the WE series.

7. stesh

stesh Guest

How far into develpment is it?

8. PESV

PESV League 1

28 April 2002
    Holland
    release date 27 may.

those screen may not look extremely maxed out uber leet or anything but it sure makes me wanna grab up a controller and play it. player/field proportions and grass texures are great.

kinda suprising this, out of nothing the anwser from NAMCO on WE. lets hope the competition is going to be inspiring for the developers. id rather have a fight over the best gameplay then a Fifa/WE battle over best graphics.

9. stesh

stesh Guest

Is that the uk release date?

10. Chris Davies

Chris Davies Resident PESsimist Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    Nope. [​IMG] The Jap one, God knows when\if we'll see it.

I've got to admit I wasn't impressed at all; it's by Namco so it'll be an arcade game and nothing more, plus it looks like it'll only have a handful of International teams and nothing else, but then I saw this...

[​IMG]

And the pitch texture on this...

[​IMG]

I reckon I'll give it a chance now. If FIFA deserved one then this does. [​IMG]

I keep seeing the JFA-MAX logo and thinking it's a Gamecube game... [​IMG]

11. babs

babs Guest

jfa max logo is on the japanese we games though...

12. Chris Davies

Chris Davies Resident PESsimist Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    Yeah I know, otherwise I wouldn't have known it was JFA-MAX and I would have come in here going "HAHA you fools, it's not for the PS2 you know!!"... [​IMG]

13. Soundtracker

Soundtracker Guest

Namco usually makes good games and being a jap company like konami i bet the game will be very simmilar to WE. Anyway it's always good to have more competition against konami. I'm just tired of playing WE and it not fun like it was before any more. The graphics are slightly different but i don't think they are supperior to WE, just some different textures and colors...looking forward to see more details on this one

14. Scorpion 3:16

Scorpion 3:16 League 1

19 March 2003
    Doha, Qatar
    thnx for the newz ;)

15. NickSCFC

NickSCFC Banned

18 July 2003
    Stoke-on-Trent, UK
    Stoke City/Liverpool
    I don't think it's actually going to be released outside Japan.

16. stesh

stesh Guest

Well if anyone gets there hands on i would like a report ;) See if it was in England then i could rent it first but i cant seem to find any japenise game rental shops of which im a member! lol

17. roque

roque Guest

[​IMG]

:shock:

18. Soundtracker

Soundtracker Guest

i don't think so!

far camera mode looks good though(maybe slightly better than we)

19. Bailzebub

Bailzebub ''shooto miss''

25 October 2001
    Lancashire
    that Babelfish link is class

'Fragrant vehicle, beautiful women'

nothing better

'Prone position vehicle treasure resting condition arouses'

i agree wholeheartedly

20. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    [​IMG]

ROFL!!! Look at Trezeguet!!! LMAO!!!

[​IMG]
    Look at number 3's body and arms... strange

21. Mayor

Mayor Guest

no matter how it looks like, the gameplay counts
    all WE series had this, I still play WE2002 on emulator on my PC, it beats all FIFA series in almost every aspect, especially gameplay

on second screen is a free kick with second man trying to score, wow, just like in one of PES4 fake screens ;-)
    and we don't know about animations of their moves, maybe its better than WE (:crossed fingers:)

22. stiffler

stiffler member since nov 2001

20 November 2001
    Cymru
    the graphics look like a mix between ISS pro evolution soccer 2 (ps1) and the ISS (ps2) - not good :(

23. stesh

stesh Guest

Remember it aint the graphics, its the gameplay.

24. rip-soldier

rip-soldier Guest

I cant imagine Namco is making a football game better then WE7, this is their first game, the WE series have years and years of expirimence, i think its almost impossible to beat that for a complete new game.

25. ghazi

ghazi Guest

. . but then again, i remember when the Madden franchise suffered a short-term beatdown on the new PS1 when Sony released NFL Gameday. I hope, for our sake, that it is a serious contender. Anything to push the WE series forward is a good thing to me.

and Milanista is right - Trezeguet looks like someone beat him with the ugly stick. :mrgreen:

26. Chamakh

Chamakh Guest

the kits look terrible... since when was Brazil designed by Adidas. :mrgreen:

27. stesh

stesh Guest

I just want something different, im getting a little bord!

28. ClassicD

ClassicD Galáctico

11 November 2001
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    Namco made Libero Grande, which was utter pish, so don't get your hopes up.

29. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Everyone is going "Its gameplay that counts"..... i bet none of you would play a game with shit graphics and good gameplay. Look at Club Football.