1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Football Betting Thread (Leagues, UEFA, Ints, World Cup etc)

Discussion in 'Football' started by Professor Nutmeg, 6 October 2005.

1. Professor Nutmeg

Professor Nutmeg ML Fanatic

3 July 2002
    Master League
    Has anybody put any bets on this season? Perhaps on the Champions League, the World Cup, or a particular European League (Serie A, Premiership, Ligue 1 etc)?
    FD, i imagine you have ;)
    I've personally put a bit on Hamburg to win the Bundesliga, a while back. :D Yeah, Bayern will most likely win it, but it's worth a try. They're not doing to badly. I'll be following Hamburg this season then :thumbup: [-o<

So anyone placed any bets? Would be interseted to know.

2. fd1972uk

fd1972uk ---------------------

9 January 2002
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    :mrgreen: hehe..........actuall I ain't bid on any of that.

Although every week (sometimes twice) I bid on European games which includes the likes of England, Scotland, Germany, Spain, Italy, Holland, Belgium, Turkey, Greece etc etc.

I actually think that this season there won't be many shocks in terms of league winners.

What I fancy for most major leagues & comps:-

World Cup - Brazil (just look awesome)

Champs Lge - Juventus (although I'm also thinking Barca)

Italy - Juventus

Spain - R.Madrid

Scotland - Celtic

England - Chelsea

Holland - PSV

France - Lyon

Germany - Bayern Munich

So with the teams above, wouldn't be worth a bet unless it was a accumulator and still probably wouldn't amount to much.

FD

3. denirobob

denirobob IBERIAN PRIMERA

28 June 2002
    Henley, Oxfordshire
    Hi chaps

i used to bet far more in my youth, well actually not that far back really but when i didnt have so many responsibilities.

still keep a few online accounts going to strike at any value and was considering (probably for the best) a 50/1 e/w on Ath Madrid for La Liga. Unfortuantly they only paid out on the first 2 rather than first 3 so i declined.

When i do gamble thesedays its usually on longer priced away teams or bets where the bookies have (imo) got it wrong. Hamburg is a great bet Proff - what odds did you get ? did you take them just to win ?

I think in term sof English footie its very hard to beat the bookies but in European/World football a bit of knowledge goes a long way.

db

4. Professor Nutmeg

Professor Nutmeg ML Fanatic

3 July 2002
    Master League
    Hi mate. 16/1 on Hamburg to win the league, which is not bad really. (makes me an honorary fan this season :lol: )
    Agree with FD though. There's not much point betting on the leagues, but i thought i'd give the Bundesliga a chance. Hoping for Bayern to slip up and Hamburg to grab it.
    I often look for the good odds, eg 50/1 for a defender to score first or something. It happens. I'd say it's worth doing the CL. The past 2 seasons have shown that.
    I have a few ideas for the world cup too ;) Dark horses etc... I'll tell you this now. Brazil won't win it. (Coming from the man who predicted Greece to win Euro 2004 ;) )

Last edited: 6 October 2005
  5. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Banned

12 February 2005
    London
    It'll be nice if we can have a betting system in this forum...i don't know how but it'll be a good idea.

Last edited: 6 October 2005
  6. Stan

Stan Allez les Lionceaux !!!

12 September 2002
    Ah the ML guys are here and into betting...there is no betting culture in Belgium...
    But i agree with the Prof: Brazil will not be World Champions...Italy or Germany seem more likely to me....