1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

FM 2006 Player, Staff & Tactics Thread

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Tridek2, 23 October 2005.

1. Tridek2

Tridek2 Benfica & PES lover!!

17 May 2005
    Portugal
    Benfica
    Well, the game is out, so why not? :)

Post here your finds, either it's a player, a staff member... anything for Football Manager 2006.

(Freddy Adu is a hard one to sign now :lol: )

2. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Turn around, I'm right behind you...
    Manchester United
    LOL. You're right. Freddy Adu isnt easy to get anymore.

3. Sulph

Sulph Goodbye...

28 September 2003
    Exactly what i needed with NUFC and my 3.8m trans budget!

Servet!

4. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto
    Wee I'm getting the game today. I'll try to spare some time :) and write my firsth thoughts on the game later on. ;)

5. Driv3r

Driv3r Non-League

2 July 2004
    Some bugs in game it's not on everyone who uses the game but most people who play this the game will crash somewhere in may of ur first season so watch out.

6. Chris Davies

Chris Davies Resident PESsimist Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    Rubbish. After upgrading to the patch, I've not had one problem (nor anybody I know actually), bar the Portuguese and Spanish registration bugs. I'm quite lucky in that I only play in England, but they'll be fixing those issues soon enough anyway.

Best game I've played since BF2 and WE9, completely hooked :)

7. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    No bugs here either. ALmost done my first season with Treviso... im 2 pts above relegation zone:S

8. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto
    Played a couple of friendlies, no bugs so far, I upgraded with the patch they released.
    So far I haven't managed to put my team playing any good.
    The league is gonna start soon. I imagine I won't be sleeping till 5AM :mrgreen:

Tactical tips would be nice. What instructions should one give to the winger? (I only use one winger)
    I'll post my tactical lineup later.

Getting the club to release Adu is easy, problem is to convince him to join.

9. Milanista

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
  10. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto
    Isn't that the guy that died?

11. Milanista

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    wtf? lol i was showing the new manager contracts...

12. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto
    what's wrong with the contract? just because it's has a big number. I've seen it happen b4. I already sold once Henry for nearly 300 million €! :o

I said that cause there was some guy related to footie in italy that died recently and they might have not updated the game. I don't remember the name.
    :p

Oh yeah, onto to the game.
    I won the first 6 oficial matches, everytime scoring 3 goals! Last game I played was at Anfield and lost in the last minute, some stab it was. :s
    I like the new details they put in the game, like talking to the players at half time and at the end, the positions detail that now every player has that helps to adapt a player to a position that isn't theirs. A couple of new injuries giving more choice of how it should be treated.

So... any 17 year old superstars? :mrgreen:

Last edited: 27 October 2005
  13. fd1972uk

fd1972uk ---------------------

9 January 2002
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    Check a young guy from Sporting Lisbon Moutinho, has good ratings.

Also, anyone recommend any good Greek Players. I've started as Rodos in Greek B Division. :)

FD

14. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto
    That one I know fd. he's too expensive, and I don't really need players for that position.
    And I already have Anderson joining Porto in January, and he's only 17! :mrgreen:

Ok, I need a right back, left back and a centre back. Preferably young kids.

Cicinho on the game is already hired for Real Madrid. Is this real? I mean is really Cicinho going to RM in january IRL?

Last edited: 27 October 2005
  15. Sulph

Sulph Goodbye...

28 September 2003
    Sahin. 17 year old, masterclass.

16. fd1972uk

fd1972uk ---------------------

9 January 2002
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    Jose Sosa, Van Den Borre, Kerlon, Sergio Aguero, Ismael Aissati.

Players I've clocked so far.

FD

17. Milanista

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    My 2nd season of survival has been crap. I came 16th with Treviso in the first year, safe. Second season with many new signings im dead last with 1 point in 6 games...... My defence is rubbish, it keeps giving space to other teams. Ive got the worst defence but not the worst attack.

18. Gorskino10

Gorskino10 Guest

this game looks amazing cant wait till i buy it,any screens of news cause i want to know what its like cheers

19. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto
    It would be nice of the creator of thread would keep updating the first post with the players we find.

Anyways, I'm flying in the league, I have an unbeaten run on the league of 12 matches. best attack, best defence, only had 2 draws on the league.
    CL situation: qualified for the next stage, with one game remaining (at home with Lpool), with 1 defeat, 1 draw, 3 wins. and I keep scoring 3 goals per game. weird. :shock:
    Here is my lineup and tactic usually used:
    [​IMG]

20. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto
    Weirdest thing ever.
    I lost my first league match after 12 games. I'm in first place in the league, passed to the next stage of the CL, and the board says they're disappointed cause of the way I lost the game, and it shouldn't repeat again.
    omg... :\
    oh well, at least i wasn't fired for losing just 2-0. :S

21. yuyazan

yuyazan An ugly Jap

4 October 2004
    Osaka, Japan
    All clubs make me fun
    where is SORTITOUT, biggest skin site?
    i cant find that...
    do you know other good skin sites?

22. Milanista

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
  23. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto
    Oliver Kahn is MIA lol

24. Milanista

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    His name is Musterman.

Anyone realize that the Jleague isnt in the game again?

25. OPM

OPM ... Staff

2 June 2003
    Budapest
    had a decent start with nürnberg, 2 wins (3:1 hamburg, 4:0 frankfurt), but after that all went down.signed desailly from somewhere in arabia in the transfer window on the last day to give some stability to my defence, it worked but i keep losing :)9 in a row without a win now...16.:roll: last match was a 5:4 defeat to mainz after a 2:4 lead :roll: i think i'll be stepping back and trying to get some new challenge...in 3rd or 2nd division :lol:

26. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto
    And you still have a job? :lol:

Milanista, I already corrected that, although the name is still wrong Olivier instead of Oliver. I need to find time to correct it.
    Also the names of the national competetions have been corrected, also the CL and UEFA cup instead of EURO cup.
    And the german national team is all grey! :s

The game so far is great, last game I won 2-1 against Milan :mrgreen: but at home, for the CL last 16, that last minute goal by sheva might prove to be costly. :x

EDIT: It didn't prove costly. :D I managed to win in extra time, with a goal in the 117th minute. \\:o/ Hail Lisandro Lopez. 2-2 the final score at San Siro, 4-3 aggregate. :applause:
    Oh yeah, I managed to detect a bug, sometimes I can't choose some players in the league, it says they are not elegible. When the game b4 I managed to play with them. :roll:
    And I manage to correct Oliver Kahn's name.

Last edited: 29 October 2005
  27. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto
    Bah I've had it!!!!
    Can't play the game with these big bugs. at least not the portuguese league.

Euro players being considered no-eu in the game, players unregistering randomly. I managed to survive the first season, cause it never affected my key players. But now...

I'm waiting for SI to fix this. I just hope they hurry up.

And to my luck this a portuguese league only bug. :(

I think i'm going to play with Manchester United, I can do a better job than fergie :mrgreen: , at least till a fix comes out. :(

28. Interista

Interista Il Capitano

19 August 2003
    Bahrain
    FC Internazionale
    My game dont seem to have any bugs after applying the latest patch, what types of bugs do you get ?
    Am in the end of my second season with Livorno and everythin running smooth.

29. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto
    This is a bug that only affects the portuguese league. :(
    I went to SI forums, there they said that they would release a patch to fix the bug, but they didn't say when. :\

It's two bugs:
    1. Players keep unregistering and registering randomly, one week I have the player the next I he can't play the league.

2. European players being considerend Non european. Belgians, greeks, dutch... etc. And I read on the SI forums that someguy playing Vitoria de Setubaal if not mistaken had half of his team considered non-eu, which practicaly prevents him from playing the game.

in the meantime i'm playing with ManUtd, crap bench they have, and no one wants to join me. :(

30. mattster12

mattster12 All-round Bastard

11 April 2005
    I'm getting a stupid amount of injuries it's just not even funny anymore :( I'm playin as wigan and I'm 2 months into the season. Every week I have at least 5 or 6 first team players out. Then one week I had nine out and since then I've not played cos it was just getting stupid. Anybody else having this sort of injury crisis?