CUSTOM BOX ART - NOT OFFICIAL
10259_final_fantasy_vii.png

BUT....
image053az9.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Jwd6COVZQ

Can it be true?

http://ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=157423

Last edited:
Can't see it, if they're claiming it's out so soon then we'd have heard about it officially.

Of course its not true. 16th August 2008! You got to be joking! If the title is released we wont see it until 2010 at the earliest.

No one can say so apart from Square-Enix and they had an opportunity to say something at their invite only party in Tokyo last weekend. The next opportunity is Leipzig but I doubt it so really the Tokyo Game Show is the safest bet.

Great, Square-enix realise that FF7 was the best they have made so lets keep re-releasing it instead of concentrating on making future games as good/better.

To me its FF VII then FF X comes in second place.

But i'm confused. Is this a remake of it? Or is it the same game but in HD, like the 360 arcade games?

I would expect it to be a full remake with PS3 graphics. Im looking forward to the day that Square-Enix wakes up and realises that they should release the original PSone Final Fantasy VII on the PLAYSTATION Network for £4.99. Im sure a lot of people would buy that.

FF7 on PSN for £5? It'd sell by the bucketload, they'd make a fortune on that for a fiver.

I know but the question is why havent they done that yet? As a matter of fact no Final Fantasy title has been released on the PSN yet even in Japan. But there is hope since they are releasing a Square Enix PSone title every Wednesday on the Japanese PSN.

Bump!

Was going through the PS Store and came across FFVII. Thought of downloading it. Anyone tried it?

Last edited:
I've bought FF7 and Theme Hospital, both exactly like the PS1 versions really.

Not sure mate, I haven't played it yet as my girlfriend bought it to play. Have you created a memory card?

Yeah and I've "attached" it (which is a pain in the arse) by pressing the PS button as well - I can see the option to load a save on the main menu, but when I'm playing the game there's no pause button and no option to save. If you quit to the main menu there's a "continue game" button but that's not saving it, when you reboot the game it's gone...

No idea, I'll ask and see if she saved it or not as she wasn't on it that long.

Yeah and I've "attached" it (which is a pain in the arse) by pressing the PS button as well

attached?

Have you created a internal memory card on the ps3's XMB?

Yeah, and then you have to "insert" it when you load up the game by pressing the PS button. I've already got saves for Crash Team Racing on there etc., I just can't find a save option in Theme Park! I was thinking that perhaps there isn't one, but there's a load option...

Some people on the EU ps3 forums asked the question and this reply came up

Hi mate, you will need to got to the main ps3 menu, and create an internal ps1 memory card. Then assign it to slot 1( press triangle for the option) This should allow you to save to the the ps3s hard drive, let me know if this helps.

Once your in the game, press the PS button and you can set the memory card there....then just go back in and save it

They then replied back saying that solved the problem.

I figured that much out, I just can't find the button he's referring to when he says "then just go back in and save it"... Frustrating!

Had it for ages, there's actually a "Load/Save" button when you press Start though I think :LOL:

I haven't played it to be honest, my girlfriend plays it and the controls just look a nightmare these days.

Next-gen Theme Hospital would be ace :D

Back
Top Bottom