Figo released by Real Madrid

Apparently he said he wants to play in the Prem either for Manure or Liverpool.

And he's been linked with a move to boro on loan with Madrid paying half his wages.

Ageing former Champions League winner fancies one last hurrah in a new league before hanging up his boots on an otherwise glittering career.

Sounds Bolton bound to me!

C'mon. Figo was World Player Of The Year. He wont stoop that low.
I think its either Liverpool or Man Utd for sure.

How many years ago was he player of the year?

4 years ago when he was at his prime. He hasnt been mentioned since as a contender.

Last edited:
Benitez won't want a over the hill galactico, it's all about the right mentality for Rafa.

danwin said:
Benitez won't want a over the hill galactico, it's all about the right mentality for Rafa.

:lol:

I recall him saying some funny stuff regard Madrid and their 'galacticos' when he won the treble with Valencia in his last season.

Joystick said:
Ageing former Champions League winner fancies one last hurrah in a new league before hanging up his boots on an otherwise glittering career.

Sounds Bolton bound to me!

:applause: lmao - that's too funny bro. . . but can you imagine what Big Sam would do with Figo if he can resurrect some of the careers of the trasheap players he has rebirthed? Fekkin Midas. You gotta love Big Sam no matter who you support.

Man... that's bull shit, Galatic players are like Henry, C. Ronaldo, Adriano, Robinho, D'Alessandro, Joaquin etc etc...
But seeing Figo in "Red Devils" would be great.
Midfield stars: Figo, Kristy's and Giggs

I heard rumors that he might go to Man U. or Atletico Madrid.

i would be surprise if Man utd really want Figo. He's old and over his prime and his speed is slow now.

He's clearly still got something to offer, undoubtedly one of the most talented players of his generation, but he's 33 this year. It's not inconceivable than Man U or Liverpool would sign him but it's surely very unlikely. The best years are probably gone, and at best he's a short term replacement. At that age injuries get harder to shake off and he's lost a few yards of pace, even though he was never a fast player to begin with. He looked knackered most of the time in Euro '04.

However his vast experience would be invaluable at a club like Bolton who are in Europe for the first time next season. Big Sam missed out on Rivaldo but only just, this would probably be an even bigger coup. I'd love to have him the prem which ever way possible, dunno how he'd cope with the English winter tho especially if he goes up north!

I meanly want him at Man Utd cuz Cristiano Ronaldo has said that he's his idol so he can definately learn things from him.
If Cristiano Ronaldo wants to be the new Figo, who better to learn from?

metal jason said:
i would be surprise if Man utd really want Figo. He's old and over his prime and his speed is slow now.

Ever heard of a guy by the name of Teddy Sheringham?
icon10.gif
Although he plays in a different position from Figo,the lad come over and won everything!

Ever heard of Mauricio Pellegrino? Defenders are meant to last longer than midfielders, and hes the biggest flop of the season! Almost the same age as Figo!:mrgreen:

phrase said:
Ever heard of a guy by the name of Teddy Sheringham?
icon10.gif
Although he plays in a different position from Figo,the lad come over and won everything!

this is one of the greatests things to look forward to in the EPL next season. Sheringham at 40. How often does something like this happen?

Maldini = 37 - still one of the best left backs around
Zola = 37 - one of the best attacking mids around
Cafu = 36 - captain of Brazil
Bergkamp = 36 - solid support striker still
Mihajlovic = 36 - Free kick master

Milanista said:
Maldini = 37 - still one of the best left backs around
Zola = 37 - one of the best attacking mids around
Cafu = 36 - captain of Brazil
Bergkamp = 36 - solid support striker still
Mihajlovic = 36 - Free kick master

not to mention Robbie Baggio last season...he was still playing decently well

I guess its the way you play, apart from Cafu perhaps, all those players didn't really rely on pace - just a v good football brain.

I don't remember Figo ever having much pace but I think, especially in the Premiership, it has become almost standard for successful wingers to be a bit pacey

Back
Top Bottom