Fight Night Round 3

djdavedoc said:
As it did with the PS2 from the early days to something as good looking as Gran Turismo 4 was im sure the 360 will go from strength to strength in every department.

DJ
GT4 looked no better than GT3 in my opinion, and GT3 came out just 6 months after PS2's launch.

Same goes for Xbox, DOA3 is still the best looking game to me, it was a launch game along with Halo and PGR.

I'll wait and see what the reaction of those that buy it is, as it's released officially in North America tomorrow. It seems the single-player mode might as well have been left out completely, it's so useless. The online play is 'adequate' according to IGN. For 40 notes at the least I expect more than a pish single-player mode and an ok online mode, I'm not too sure I'll bother anymore.

ClassicD said:
I'll wait and see what the reaction of those that buy it is, as it's released officially in North America tomorrow. It seems the single-player mode might as well have been left out completely, it's so useless. The online play is 'adequate' according to IGN. For 40 notes at the least I expect more than a pish single-player mode and an ok online mode, I'm not too sure I'll bother anymore.

Exactly my feeling, great graphics are good but if the single player has actually got worse since FN2 and the online play is just 'ok' then i think ill wait for Ghost Recon

GT4 to me looked higher res and they made more use of texture mapping, in GT3 I felt things look a little bit more dull in certain areas like the backgrounds and shadowing and the game also was a bit grainier e.g. running at a lower resolution.

DJ

IGN tend to be a bit tough on reviews, if its as good as FN2 for the career mode then ill be happy.

DJ

I thought GT4 looked better than GT3 but not remarkably so, although GT3 was ahead of it's time IMO and I don't think there was ever the intention to make further significant changes to the visuals, just like GT and GT2 were pretty similar.

IGN are not tough on reviews, they're soft as shite! Given how much they pound FNR3 for it's poor AI, and only ever call the Live support 'adequate', the score they gave it is far too high. They're saying the game looks amazing and is great with a buddy, but as a single-player experience it's non-existent and it's only average online. How that gets an 8.5 is beyond me, it's like they hyped the game so much they now feel they can't mark it down because they'll look like twats. Well they do look like twats for giving it 8.5/10!

ClassicD said:
IGN are not tough on reviews, they're soft as shite! Given how much they pound FNR3 for it's poor AI, and only ever call the Live support 'adequate', the score they gave it is far too high. They're saying the game looks amazing and is great with a buddy, but as a single-player experience it's non-existent and it's only average online. How that gets an 8.5 is beyond me, it's like they hyped the game so much they now feel they can't mark it down because they'll look like twats. Well they do look like twats for giving it 8.5/10!

Both Gamerankings and Metacritic have it avg. 88-88.5, so give IGN some credit for having the balls to stand up for the truth ;)

All these 360 scores are out of whack because if the truth be really told, very few of the existing games would score higher than 70-75.

I love these games, although a bit disappointed to see the rankings go, bit stupid.

Will get this for the PS2, the graphics are astounding, but doesn't warrant me buying a Xbox 360, I'll leave that to Pro Evo/Winning Eleven to try and do that.

FD

Siroco said:
Both Gamerankings and Metacritic have it avg. 88-88.5, so give IGN some credit for having the balls to stand up for the truth ;)

All these 360 scores are out of whack because if the truth be really told, very few of the existing games would score higher than 70-75.
If IGN had any balls, they'd have backed up their review with a score that their review merited. Around the 7-7.5 mark, like you say most of the games should have got. That review is not an 8.5 review, never in a million years.

I think many sites/magazines these days are far too generous with their scoring. I haven't played the full version of FNR3, just the demo, I can't say if IGN are right in their criticism of the AI but I can say that the score they've given the game doesn't reflect their own review, IMO. ;)

The AI on the Demo version was too easy so I presume they havent changed that then? if thats the case that is no good and ill end up finishing the game very quickly. To Lose a fight you almost have to let the CPU beat the hell out of you.

DJ

Thanks ClassicD will save a lot of headaches with people trying to import the game 3 weeks earlier than the uk release.

DJ

EDIT: I had started a new thread about this game actually thinking there is none! But a mod kindly deleted that and moved my post here! :p

Thank you Holio or whoever it was ;)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I normally never even play games. Not really a game type of person. You can say I even started playing PES because I'm a hardcore football fan and this is best way to replicate it in a game rather than me being a great game fan and this being best football game :lol: (if that makes sense)

So barely ever do I even touch or play other games other than PES/WE but everyonce in a while I try something else and I got this the other day and now just wondering if anybody else even plays this game here.

I got it and the gameplay is as expected very good again. Less haymakers in this version by CPU compared to FN2 which is a big plus and in career mode when you get near the top and your stats are quite good and you face hard challenges, the game is just an absolute beautiful boxing game!

Cuz you have to jab, have strategies, not just button mash but using "Total punch" when you do all that leaning, blocking, parrying and delivering different combos and have great guy facing you, you can go to some great toe-to-battles for something like 8 rounds or so of pure concentration and amazing real life boxing simulation.

I'm loving it so far. 8)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
it is a good game,completed it last week, but the only bad point is that its to long i find,u can have a footie game say 5 or 10 mins but this lasts ages i find but aprt from that it is a very good game

i like the game very much but i would like to see more swelling and bruicing on the faces they seem to get cuts alot but the damage doesnt see very well or maybe im used to see swelling like in MMA games when there are no softening gloves.

Been very busy lately so barely any time to play but when I have, I'm really enjoying this game.

Career mode is nice as you move up (At one point of course your player is an unknown, then a 'local celebrity' :D and then "Up and comer" and right now i'm a couple matches short of having a full bar for "Big NAME" which I guess means I will at last get that title shot.

Gameplay is as realistic of a boxing as I've seen as well. (although I haven't played that many others to be honest) but its the gameplay thats brilliant. The parrying the blocking, leaning, combinations to body and then to face, I love whole thing! Very satisfied with this game and I barely ever play anything other than PES/WE games.

APX said:
i like the game very much but i would like to see more swelling and bruicing on the faces they seem to get cuts alot but the damage doesnt see very well or maybe im used to see swelling like in MMA games when there are no softening gloves.

If it's the 360 version you're talking about apparently it's a bug with the version, I have the PS2 version and one of the bugs with that is career boxers never stay ripped, they always get flabby.

FNR3's ok but it's still far too shallow and arcade for my liking :)

Ive got stuck with it so I havent played it for a couple of weeks now.

DJ

Only thing I don't like compared to last version is you had an option in FNR2 career mode to put different (music, fireworks) for your fighter when he comes out. But I can't see this option in this game or am I missing something?

Cuz everything seems default on whoever you picked for me like for me I picked Arturo Gatti so it's always his music and it doesn't seem like I can customize the fireworks or music or anything upon entrance except which trainer I bring with myself.

hmmmm EA have had a habit of taking features out of the XBox 360 versions of their games!

DJ

It would have been nice feature to have in FNR3 but not very important one. they got those boxing styles in it. and all other stuff they got in for 360 so they´ve replaced that feature with other features. i think cutting features are more FIFA RTWC 06 and NBA 06, NFL 06 issue not EA chicacos FNR3s

I never played the 360 version. I was comparing FNR3 vs. FNR2 both for ps2 and just how I was disappointed compared to last year's version of game although not so important, we aren't able to change the music and fireworks and customize things like that for our fighter's entrance!

Would've been nice to have those features still but yeh not so important.

never played a fight night game before but this is a cracking game on 360! Why the poor create a boxer mode though? PS2 smackdown blows it out of the water!

Back
Top Bottom