FIFA World Player of the Year

Who will win FIFA World Player of The Year?

• Thierry Henry

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Andriy Shevchenko

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Ronaldinho

Votes: 38 56.7%

• Total voters
Hey grav3digg3r dont knock nike, they are my brand, lol, anyway I just hope Deco wins the European award, FiFA are clowns I like the way they adjust the rules to fit them and get publicity, for example in 2002 it was said ronaldo won the award because he performed well in a major competition, now Deco, Carvalho, Zagorakis all played well in either in the CL or Euro 04 or both, but they have not been shortlisted why, simple they are not big big stars, so in effect fifa are sayin you can take apart WBA, but play like pants in a european competition but because u are tall, french, play for a london side and star in adverts for crap cars you will get rewarded.

I would say Ronaldinho because he has been impressive all year. Henry has been the same as usual and Shevchenko hasn't quite met world class expectations.

Not met world class expectations, what you mean like winning Lo Scudetto last season and being the best player in the milan team.......yeah right

To be honest, some of you football 'purists' start to annoy me after a while. Yeah Deco, Carvalho and Zagorakis have all played well this year, but can you really say they have played better than Henry, Ronny and Sheva? Deco is a bit of a pansy diver, he's good but I dont think he's better than Ronaldinho. I just dont buy this idea that its all media hype, smoke and mirrors. These players who are dubbed merely the most marketable by some of you are the most marketable for a reason; BECAUSE THEY'RE F*CKIN AMAZING, thats why.

This marketability argument doesnt stand up on closer inspection. Henry, fair enough he's lucky enough to be a good looking guy as well as a mint footballer, which is why he's in loads of ads etc. But look at Ronaldinho! Mate, he's got to be the most butters footballer for years! The reason he gets so much media attention is because he is a sick sick sick footballer, it aint cuz of his looks. You could say similar things for Sheva, he's from a very unfasionable former soviet bloc country who have never produced someone approaching his standard. Yet he gets a lot of attention, becasue he is a well proven, devastating striker.

The bottom line is that all 3 on the short-list deserve to be there, media friendly or not. Yes it is player of the YEAR ie best of 2004, but FIFA are clearly concious of giving such a grand award to a one season wonder, so yeah perhaps you have to establish yourself a bit first, ie play more than one good season. Deco will get his chance...

I kind of agree with Gerd too. Deco is a good shout, I'd probably say he's 2nd to Ronaldinho though, the guy has been outstanding for over a year, especially during that run at the end of last season.

Shevvy is quality too and actually at this present moment, I think he's top of the tree, but not for that past year odd though.

FD

Joystick, ofcourse Ronaldinho is better than Deco, but thats not the point, the award should go to oustanding contribution over the course of YEAR, and to me winning the CL and getting a runners up medal in a major international comp is a major achivement

Disqo said:
Joystick, ofcourse Ronaldinho is better than Deco, but thats not the point, the award should go to oustanding contribution over the course of YEAR, and to me winning the CL and getting a runners up medal in a major international comp is a major achivement

Fair enough, but I dont think its fair to only be considered worthy of the award if you've won something (or come runner up). Football's a team game at the end of the day, its not like Deco won the whole thing himself. I think most people would agree that Porto's CL success was down to solid, diciplined defending rather than exceptional individual talent (plus a bit of good luck, Schole's 'offside' goal?)

I personally think for an individual performance its hard to see past Ronaldinho, especially when you think how everyone could not believe he chose the then ailing Barca over Man Utd, only to become their talismanic player and bring them back from the edge of disaster in less than one year.

Much like you said about deco, dont forget that Ronaldinho did not do it by himself, there was Xavi, Pyuol. But i can see why u would Ronnie

ClassicD said:
The award should go to the person who's played best over the past year, and that's it.

Ronaldinho.

You seem to be missing the point Classic. What about Rooney?

Sheve maybe

henry no

Ronaldinho definitly

Sheva scores like helll

Ronaldinho skilled man which makes the goals

and Rooney just became a star now

Milanista said:
Rooney? Hes only just become a star....Ronaldinho was known to become and eventually is a star since his Gremio days.

Ronaldinho is over-rated.

HAHAHAHAH this guy cracks me up..

All you ever talk about is Rooney, are you gay or something?..you cant get him out of your head..

You say Ronaldinho is over-rated but you talk about Rooney like he's is the best striker in the world..

Well, I can honestly say I have NEVER laughed so hard...your post's honstly crack me up, keep em comming.

Rooney is the best in the world. Get off you high horse and wake the fuck up and realise that Rooney is world class.

ROFL...you know, I wonder if you are really serious or are pulling my leg..

Whichever way, you are the one needing to wake the fuck up if you believe Rooney is the best player in the world..I bet if you asked Rooney himself he would even say he isnt..

Rooney is good, dont get me wrong, but you need to think what your typing..

If he was the best in the world he coulda easily desposed of Crystal Palace, WHICH he didnt..figures.

Its obvious that you loathe Wayne and thats alright, insecure people like yourself are envious of others that have achieved something in their lives, but to constantly ridicule me for claiming he is the best is just stupid. I'm entitled to myopinion, and I think you've oversteeped the mark this time.

So now I am jealous of Rooney?..

It aint just an opinion, you are saying I am a moron because I dont think of Rooney the way you do..

The fact I ridicule you, so to speak, is because you base your arguements on nothing but bullshit, maybe if you woulda said its your opinion why he is the best, but the way you reply is like you know he is the best..

But you cant provide hard facts, and its not just an opion, its an obsession over Rooney, you clame its a conspiracy if he doesnt win an award, or that the panel hate England..

Anyway, this debate is over, its obvious you are obsessed with Wayne Rooney..have fun in Rooneyland.

I dont hate Rooney, he is a good player like I said...but just because he is 19 years old it dosnt give him the right to act like an immature moron and people to say, oh hell..its ok, he is only 19.

And I also dont like the way people talk about him when he does something good, so what if he is 19 years old, he is a striker so when he scores thats normal, but to most people its a great achievement.

There are players, tons of them who are better than Rooney, and they dont get spoken of like that, just because they are 5 years older etc..

Look at C. Ronaldo, imo he is amazing, but somehow nobody likes him?...is it because he is Portugese?..

I know how the English commentators act, they are all biased, same with Scottish football..

Its all a complete joke, paying about 30 million for a striker who only managed to score 5 goals at Everton..am I correct?..

And saying he is amazing because he scored 4 goals against 2 weak sides in the Euros..

How do you class a side as weak. They managed to qualify for the euro championships, hardly weak in my opinion. Also to score 2 goals on any given day against who ever is a great achievement, I just think that you are a little over critical of Wayne.

We will see when AC Milan take on Man UTD, if Rooney does well then I will understand how good he is when he plays against Nesta and Maldini..

I think you are going to look back and think maybe slim was right, Rooney is great and the English Premier League is better than serie A. Oh what a idiot I have been for doubting slim.

We will see, and where did I say the Serie A was better than the EPL?..from the games I have seen in the Serie A, all have been boring with rarely a goal untill the last minute.

Back
Top Bottom