FIFA World Cup 2014 - Qualifications

MadoxX

Crvena Zvezda
30 August 2009
Zrenjanin, Serbia
FK Crvena Zvezda
Today was a draw for a qualifications of World Cup 2014.

Africa:

Round 1:

Round 2:

Asia:

North, Central America and Caribbean:

Round 2:

Round 3:

Oceania:

Europe:

Serbia vs Croatia what a match

Im fine with Albania grupe i still see chance , not any TOP team there ! looking forward for matchs !

yeah but many people mix us with Slovenia..

anyway.. i´m pleased but also this won´t be underrated from our side.. we have great chance on paper..but in reality we have to prove it..

the best thing for our NT is our youth.. some realy talented u21 and younger players are in process to be invited to senior squad, with a backbone with Skrtel, Kucka, Hamsik, Stoch.. we have a big expectations for 2014..

Serbia vs Croatia what a match

Im fine with Albania grupe i still see chance , not any TOP team there ! looking forward for matchs !

i expect your group to be very entertaining matches, becouse all 4 top countries there are closely on similar level..wich is different in other groups..

Wales will dominate group A, no problem:P and England play both euro 2012 hosts lol..

i expect your group to be very entertaining matches, becouse all 4 top countries there are closely on similar level..wich is different in other groups..

yeah they are about the same level and will be really strong matchs between 4 first teams , need to wait and see what will happen

Yeah,football sense for sure :) Definetly one hard match to play!

Do you know,i know its early,but where will be played?Split or Zagreb?

Portugal group it's not very difficult and we can easily pass, but we just need to be carefull with Russia imo.

two teams from each group qualify for world cup..

also back to slovakia, we had big luck, as from the rest of Spain, England or Greece, we got the "easyest" for last in grop..so all are playable..

That is shame! I mean,geographic is not knowledge,It is a matter of general culture...

yeah, it´s always like this, we are slavic countries so we know our geography, but western world see us mostly as former Jugoslavia or CCCP :P so it´s difficult to explain we are totaly different countries.. with just simillar name

PIPA23 said:
two teams from each group qualify for world cup..

no.. 2nd place goes into play off

PIPA23 said:
yeah, it´s always like this, we are slavic countries so we know our geography, but western world see us mostly as former Jugoslavia or CCCP :P so it´s difficult to explain we are totaly different countries.. with just simillar name

yes because you are slavic your geography is awesome and all people in west dont know shit.. cool stereotyping bro..

All the second placed teams of the 6-team groups will have both their results against the bottom placed team subtracted from their end result. So it is actually leveled ground for an eventual runner up from group I.

Could be great matches between France and Spain, but I kinda expect borefests deluxe.

I ain't any obsessed with Greeks but it just catches my attention, oh, is it really possible to be as "lucky" as Greece NT not to have one of those "big" teams (those that secure the top spot in their groups almost in every qualification) in your group for the fifth time in a row? Believe me, I wouldn't like to be disrespectful to Greeks here. Maybe I'm just a bit too much mistrustful about UEFA.

ijjFvY.png
ijfzfY.png

ijktQ0.png
ijkvY8.png

ilvXn8.png

yes because you are slavic your geography is awesome and all people in west dont know shit.. cool stereotyping bro..

:CONFUSE: i´m not talking about England, ask an american about Europe, they mostly don´t have a clue about other countries than France, Germany and England.. i´m not saying this with anger, i said this just about the mixing of names of our country and Slovenia..not about whole geography..

many people in USA for example don´t even know Czechoslovakia split in 1993..

but that´s OT, sorry if you felt i said something wrong..

Last edited:
I ain't any obsessed with Greeks but it just catches my attention, oh, is it really possible to be as "lucky" as Greece NT not to have one of those "big" teams (those that secure the top spot in their groups almost in every qualification) in your group for the fifth time in a row? Believe me, I wouldn't like to be disrespectful to Greeks here. Maybe I'm just a bit too much mistrustful about UEFA.

ijjFvY.png
ijfzfY.png

ijktQ0.png
ijkvY8.png

ilvXn8.png

Greece has been seeded ever since winning the Euro in 2004, though, right?
So they'd naturally avoid the "big guns" coming from pot 1 themselves.

With two less games ? :CONFUSE:

It is simple. When calculating points for 8 best second placed teams, points from matches with teams from 6th pot won't count for second placed teams in groups A-H. So don't worry ;)

From Wikipedia:
Because one group has one team fewer than the others, matches against the sixth-placed team in each group are not included in this ranking. As a result, eight matches played by each team will count for the purposes of the second-placed table.

Last edited:

i think it´s luck, or if you can say it this way.. every year the teams are different strenght and everytime it´s live with some former players etc like today Ronaldo, making the draw..so.. it´s just coincidence i think.. there will be tough matches for Greece anyway.. we and Bosnia are the same level so it might be between 3 teams, as in most of other groups.. Remember everyone said Argentina must be a Copa America champion with the squad and at home..but they were not..so i expect many surprises in this qualification as well..

Back
Top Bottom