Fifa Street (New Gameplay Video)

loos fun, opportunity to take advatnage of the flick/tircks in fifa 12 but more effectively? and more OTT?

Yeah i've never been a fan of all the trickery stuff in Fifa games but tricks suit this game down to a tee.

yeh i do like to try them in the game but more often than not i mess it up so recently I hardly use them except 1 or 2 in certain scenarios.

Would be good if this game as it seems makes them more effective and fun.

Guess a bit like nba jam off football with superdunks etc. lol

I think it looks good but I'll wait for it to be cheap if they're going to sell it for full price. Three things will be make or break for me:

1) Short load times: I'm playing Fifa 12 on the PC and I basically don't have to wait for matches and menus to load. I seem to remember some load times on the PS3 were quite long, and I absolutely hate long load times.

2) A good career mode: A franchise-style mode where you build up a team and a be-a-pro style mode where you focus on your player. I barely played Fifa Street 2 but I seem to remember the career mode had some annoying parts to it, stupid (mandatory) challenges and things like that.

3) Success not being dependent on tricks: Tricks should be effective but not the only way to win; quick pass-and-move and beating defenders just through momentum should be possible. Realistic goalies are a must too.

My son has asked this game for his birthday, he's fond of tricks...so i will end up playing it.
This game had surprisingly good previews, previewers claim that it is more like FIFA than like the previous episodes of this franchise...

My son has asked this game for his birthday, he's fond of tricks...so i will end up playing it.
This game had surprisingly good previews, previewers claim that it is more like FIFA than like the previous episodes of this franchise...

Yeah the Fifa Soccer Blog guys are really loving it after a days play test.

Wow, it looks amazing for what it is proposed to be. This is the PERFECT game for that famous fifa player on youtube (i forgot his nichname), and Fifa main franchise should be in tottaly opposite direction to this in terms of dribbling and some useless moves in real football.

It looks really fun, but i think i wont buy it.

I'm gonna play the demo definitely, but I think I'm gonna pick it up later when it's cheap, for sure.

Actually looks really good. The previous games were really arcadey with all those power up things but this one looks like it's pure 5 a side football. Be interesting to see how quickly you'd get bored but I like the premise.

Last edited:
I hope someday there will be a Futsal game

Futsal is in...

FUTSAL
Futsal is as close as this game gets to the main FIFA series. With more players on a bigger pitch, there is much less emphasis on tricks to beat players. Matches don’t exactly play like FIFA 12, but they’re a little more relaxed when compared to Freestyle or Panna matches. The emphasis is obviously on scoring goals so whilst tricks can be useful, they’re certainly not the be all and end all. If clubs were ever to appear in future any way, then Futsal would be the only mode that could possibly make it work. It’s a great mode and a lovely change of pace from the frantic feel of some of the others

http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-street-preview-match-types/

Looks fun, will be great to play with the younger cousins. I pre-ordered it, I love my simulation stuff, but just a game about tricks looks like it could be fun. As long as you don't take it seriously it should be enjoyable.

Have you tried fifa 12 with sliders.

It a really great game IMO. Suprised you havent enjoyed it.

The AI or lack of AI just kills it for me after playing PES 12 for a couple of months, if Fifa had AI the standard of the PES demo's it would easily be the best football game to date.

CPU AI?

What specifically?

Static players basically not moving from their positions , If im on the right wing my two CM's are always in the middle and dont help out much and they seem to refuse to make any attacking runs also if my LM would be stuck on the left touchline rather than coming inside to help out. As bad as PES is player positioning is very good.

Static players basically not moving from their positions , If im on the right wing my two CM's are always in the middle and dont help out much and they seem to refuse to make any attacking runs also if my LM would be stuck on the left touchline rather than coming inside to help out. As bad as PES is player positioning is very good.

That is not completely true mate.

I dont know if you play long enough but so many ways effect it.

1. Individual Player settings. If player set attackign mentality he will make more forward runs. You can also set what direction you want them to run into.

2. Manual control. Press L1 and players near to yuo will make forward runs.

3. Custom tactics. Have settings to make your players free form and attacking and the make much more movements and forard runs

4, SLiders, raising run frequncy increases runs a lot.

A defensive team with defensive midned players on default sliders will not make much movement at all. But the way my game is I dont have this probelm at all.

Last edited:
That is totally completely true mate.

I disagree, it's completely untrue, when you take a basic 5 minutes to understand how the game works, how tactics, custom tactics, player settings work (as you of course mention in your list). My players move all over the place, constantly switching around, often works great when I see that my 6' 3" forward has moved onto a wing, putting a long ball onto his head works nicely when the midget fullback has no chance to compete!

I disagree, it's completely untrue, when you take a basic 5 minutes to understand how the game works, how tactics, custom tactics, player settings work (as you of course mention in your list). My players move all over the place, constantly switching around, often works great when I see that my 6' 3" forward has moved onto a wing, putting a long ball onto his head works nicely when the midget fullback has no chance to compete!

+1.

sorry lol I meant untrue...i wrote it wrong thats why I worte 5 points to disprove him DIDNT I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks horribly mechanic, I know it's just a bit of fun but I fail to see the likeness to football.

Don't get me wrong, I reckon a game of this ilk would be decent done right. But by the looks of it, I can imagine it's predominately flicking the trick stick to execute a preset animation that the defender can do nothing about. Needs to be more organic to properly represent football.

Back
Top Bottom