FIFA ranking has been revised

SPiTFiRE said:
It's just laughable seeing Germany after Portugal and England, Holland and Spain before Portugal, what a shame this FIFA! :lol:

because maybe its based on pure stats, evidence, and not chavinist opinion?

I've never seen Guatemala play, but are they better than Korea Republic? :p

ThomasGOAL said:
1 Brazil 1630 0 (803)
2 Italy 1550 11 (822)
3 Argentina 1472 6 (726)
4 France 1462 4 (713)

(?) isn't during the last month ?
keep in mind during one month france you earn points for the games of the month and loose those of the month from 4 years ago .
with the new ranking you can see that from may to july france also lost their points from 98'WC and euro2000 ;)
to those who criticise the ranking just watching the names of the team please go to the fifa site and read the rule of the calculations . you know rennes trashed lyon 4 - 1 but lyon finished first in the league . this ranking isn't different than any league ranking , it just add coefficients for game status (frendly , continental , wc ...) , for continent power and for opponement strenght . I could also say "morocco have always beated USA how come they are ranked higher ?" but that would be stupid .
you can calculate by yourselves using the rules and see if france or portugal have been robbed .

Its an improvement yeah, but still i find it pretty useless to rank teams. The only thing that matters is the WC and EC and winning that, thats what its all about.

Peter Eyres said:
I'm guessing Italy's poor start to qualification has pushed them down.

Yeh most definately, but being world champions should make more of an impact on the rankings IMO!

If anything Portugal should be higher up. In the last two major tournaments they've finished second and fourth, topping their qualification group each time.

The 2 qualifiers shouldnt really have done shit. We lost a friendly which shouldnt really count, drew lithuania and lost to FRANCE who deservedly hold their spot. But that doesnt mean we should drop down by so many places. Its ridiculous.

Last edited:
As soon as heard they were changing it I KNEW Fifa were going to put Brazil up at first one way or another.
Brazil reps and players always cooperate with Fifa, and the national team is so popular and overexposed that they draw a shit load of money for Fifa.
Italy winning the fucking world cup get's them but 5th on the list.
Screw Fifa.

lumlum said:
Italy winning the fucking world cup get's them but 5th on the list.
Screw Fifa.
After the WC Italy become second, but now it's finish and in septembre it's 0 victory in 3 games

Last edited:
:lol: So the WC only lasts you a couple of months tops, that's the weight it carries.
Trust me, there are Football Manager style hidden stats that Fifa keep...

lumlum said:
:lol: So the WC only lasts you a couple of months tops, that's the weight it carries.
Trust me, there are Football Manager style hidden stats that Fifa keep...
Italy not so good before the WC in Word Ranking and don't beat a big team, only Germany, because vs France is PK so chut a draw.
and France beat Spain (second in WR), Brazil (1st in WR) and portugal.
You think because Italy win WC win 1000 points, don't forget the others teams in this WC.

Milanista said:
Italy below England.... bullshit.

World Champions.
Inter Milan below atalanta bergame ... bullshit .
what did you expect after the results you got after the world cup ? how were you supposed to earn points from thoses results ? 3 games one draw and 2 losses you ain't gonna get any thing from that especially when they replace your results from 4 years ago . so naturally you lost 76 points .
meanwhile england won 3 games and scored 10 goals . that made them earn 43 points .
people are still here saying should be ou must be . why don't you say that for serie A and premier league ? it's quite the same though .

Milanista said:
The 2 qualifiers shouldnt really have done shit. We lost a friendly which shouldnt really count, drew lithuania and lost to FRANCE who deservedly hold their spot. But that doesnt mean we should drop down by so many places. Its ridiculous.
keep in mind that this ranking counts 4 years of results and in the ranking of sept 2006 the games from august 2002 doesn't count any more .
forget the friendlies but just keep in mind that your defeat against france gives 0 points and your draw at how against lithuania certainly give less points that the victory away against azerbaidjan 4 years ago for the euro2004 prelim . I guess the difference is around 76 points :roll:
for more info about the ranking :
http://www.fifa.com/documents/tournaments/FIFA_WR_revision_E.pdf

Last edited:
Lets look at it this way if. If a team like Korea, who are ranked 49, won the World Cup, should they shoot into the top 5? Of course not.
So why should we expect Italy to be higher than they currently are?

Seems correct to me:D

Taken off FIFA site:
picture1au4.jpg

ThomasGOAL said:
Up to the second place because beat Ukraine and Georgia :lmao:

Scotland owned France
Ukraine owned Scotland
Italy owned Ukraine
France owned Italy

That's football mate... but at the end of the day:
Italy ****
France *

:mrgreen:

PS) Peace man, on dira qu'on ne fait que s'allumer "sportivement" ;)

Back
Top Bottom