FIFA/EASFC and PES/eFootball: Contrast & Compare

Do you know what my fear is?

That they either screw up 19 with a patch, or from next year it's ruined because of something that the online guys want (that affects every match across every mode, every person who buys the game).

Chances are they will screw it up, eventually.
Also because every time we see there's an update pending, we become instantly worried. And as soon as the game finished downloading and it launches, we're instantly paying much closer attention at every little detail when we play, so much so that we may start noticing things that were there before and didn't even bother us, but... now that we know there has been an update we just downloaded and installed, well... THAT'S IT! THERE YOU GO! WHAT WE WERE SO AFRAID OF, THEY DID SCREW IT UP, JUST LIKE WE THOUGHT!
You know what I mean?.

For me I think the gap this year is even huge than the latest years. Take away licences and CL, the gameplay of the EA guys shines even more than their predecessor, plenty of contextual situations, small things that have a physical reason to be,the relation between "gamepad in hands" and how the game move and flow is amazing.

In terms of gameplay modes, and for me the most important one , Career Mode... It is funny how EA didn't touch it and even with that it looks mega superior than PES ML.

My conclusion, more than last years, FIFA has no rival.

And yet the attacking AI is beyond bad in FIFA as well. I don't have the game, just demo. And today launched it for the second time ever, wanted to give it one more chance after reading so many positive impressions here. Played against Real Madrid on co-op camera (the one where you can see player positioning the best) and the way they attacked was something attrocious: no build up, defensive four stay in their half (yes, even fullbacks, even Marcelo) the ball is passed quickly through the middle where attackers, positioned super narrowly, across the width of penalty area or so, exchange quick passes among themselves and shoot on goal. I agree default PES AI is terrible, but what I saw was not better at all. Or is the full so much better then this demo.

And yet the attacking AI is beyond bad in FIFA as well. I don't have the game, just demo. And today launched it for the second time ever, wanted to give it one more chance after reading so many positive impressions here. Played against Real Madrid on co-op camera (the one where you can see player positioning the best) and the way they attacked was something attrocious: no build up, defensive four stay in their half (yes, even fullbacks, even Marcelo) the ball is passed quickly through the middle where attackers, positioned super narrowly, across the width of penalty area or so, exchange quick passes among themselves and shoot on goal. I agree default PES AI is terrible, but what I saw was not better at all. Or is the full so much better then this demo.

It ain't perfect but it ain't beyond bad either.

Defensively, FIFA's AI is far superior to PES which for me is a huge deal. In attack, it's got it's good and it's bad. The buildup isn't quite as measured as you'd like to see. Sometimes the style of play doesn't quite match what you'd expect in real life. Sometimes the CPU's decision making is still poor.

But compared to PES, the variety is WAY better. The on the ball decision making tends to be better, by a bit. The CPU is better with its tactics, though still not quick enough to make changes.

Unfortunately both games employ AI that's not quite smart enough so they gotta ramp up the difficulty in pretty cheaty ways, so there's that on the higher difficulty levels. But as things stand with how PES's problems are, the variety alone in FIFA sets the attacking AI quite far ahead IMO, while the defensive AI is hands down more advanced than PES.

Just had a good 3 hours on fifa ..default sliders are awful for me ball feels like a marble at times and AI just tika take. Player movement still feels awkward. Spent the time on an off trying different sliders ..manage to play ok but the only way to get the ball moving better is ramping up the ball speed which has other negative effects. Last half an hour I play PES and I don't feel the need to changed anything..play control and movement feels great ball movement is great...AI aside PES is a joy thins year hope the patch is decent. Saying that I hope the fifa patch is as good as the PC guys are saying

2joej0.jpg

;)

Last night i play six matches online devision. What i have to say....Oh my God what a terrible football experiance. Ball physics is really weird. I haven't satisaction when I score a goal. Offline is better but online is dump. I don't feel that i have a control on the pitch when I play it. What a joke with lighting. On CL mode night lighting looks very good and pitch is green. On classic matches lighting looks awful and pitch is not so green. Two games in one? Why they don't put one good lighting from CL to any modes? Looks like Konamish amateurs. I also played two matches offline on CL and game feels much better but online is.....I will try to play more than 100 matches online but it will be very hard to do it.

I'm interested in all these top level football matches people watch where the ball is constantly bobbling any time a pass is made?

Modern football pitches are usually natural/artificial hybrids designed to be long lasting and as smooth as possible. I'm a season ticket holder and I never see the ball bouncing around when making ground passes. If you told a groundsman his pitch made the ball roll like a marble he would hug you.

Last night i play six matches online devision. What i have to say....Oh my God what a terrible football experiance. Ball physics is really weird. I haven't satisaction when I score a goal. Offline is better but online is dump. I don't feel that i have a control on the pitch when I play it. What a joke with lighting. On CL mode night lighting looks very good and pitch is green. On classic matches lighting looks awful and pitch is not so green. Two games in one? Why they don't put one good lighting from CL to any modes? Looks like Konamish amateurs. I also played two matches offline on CL and game feels much better but online is.....I will try to play more than 100 matches online but it will be very hard to do it.

"I will try to play more than 100 matches online". Okay.

"I will try to play more than 100 matches online but it will be very hard to do it". Then what is the point other than to reaffirm what we already know - that you prefer PES over FIFA.

You are wasting the worlds fossil fuels to make this point(....as am I in making this point to you.)

I'm interested in all these top level football matches people watch where the ball is constantly bobbling any time a pass is made?

Modern football pitches are usually natural/artificial hybrids designed to be long lasting and as smooth as possible. I'm a season ticket holder and I never see the ball bouncing around when making ground passes. If you told a groundsman his pitch made the ball roll like a marble he would hug you.

It´s less about the ball bouncing because of pitch conditions, but reflecting a ground pass hit with full power and its ongoing way to the player. In FIFA the ball is literally sucked by the grass while in PES hard ground passes elevate a lot more, you can even use them as a cross followed by a header sometimes.

Not constantly bobbling.. But it does bobble when needed :P

FIFA

PES

Last night i play six matches online devision. What i have to say....Oh my God what a terrible football experiance.
:SHOCK::SHOCK::SHOCK::SHOCK::SHOCK::SHOCK::SHOCK::SHOCK::SHOCK::SHOCK:

What????!?! You don't like it?!!!?!

I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!! I'd have bet my house on you loving FIFA, given how much you hated the demo and argued with people's positive opinions about it!!!!!!!!!! I just had to sit down, I'm so shocked I nearly fainted!!!!!

...if you don't like it, don't keep playing it, we don't need to hear how shit you think it is every day for the rest of this forum's life.

I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!! I'd have bet my house on you loving FIFA, given how much you hated the demo and argued with people's positive opinions about it!!!!!!!!!! I just had to sit down, I'm so shocked I nearly fainted!!!!!

...if you don't like it, don't keep playing it, we don't need to hear how shit you think it is every day for the rest of this forum's life.
you sure!? best outcome i "sensed" was: its ok, but not my cup of tea.

@Lons you are not an offline friend in any way? see, i usually never play online because the gp differs so much from offline gp. so i stick to buddies coming over for a match or play the CPU at career and cups.
but i would love to try a fuma match against another fuma player (maybe from evoweb)... just to check on netcode and/or how it differs when not in FUT and such.

Mr. Davies,
I bought a game and i can writte my opinion. It's my opinion about full version not demo because on demo i couldn't try playing online. I know it's different opinion than yours but i can writte in this thread my opinion. Bad opinion about online experiance is not shit opinion because offline what i said before is better than online. I like a lot of good stuff in FIFA 19 and wrote it many times. It's not true what you say that i hate FIFA 19. Hate and bought? Hate and play? What you talking about? I play FIFA 19 online devision and my first experiance with online is not good but offline CL is good enough. Lighting what i said before is ice on CL mode but not in classic matches. I'm wrong? So many people say like me. You see only my negatives about a game. Don't know why. About atmosphere, chants, night lighting on CL, stadia,licenses,menus and more you even not seen what i wrote it?

Last edited:
Mr. Davies,
I bought a game and i can write my opinion. It's my opinion about full game of online experiance. I know it's different opinion than yours but i can write in this thread my opinion. Bad opinion about online experiance is not shit opinion because offline what i said before is better than online. I like a lot of good stuff in FIFA 19 and wrote it many times. It's not true what you say that i hate FIFA 19. Hate and bought? Hate and play? What you talking about? I play FIFA 19 online devision and my first experiance with online is not good but offline CL is good enough. Lighting what i said before is ice on CL mode but not with classic matches. I'm wrong? So many people say like me. You see only my negatives about a game. Don't know why. About atmosphere, chants, night lighting on CL, stadia,licenses,menus and more you even not seen what i wrote it?

But you had kinda made your opinion up long before you had bought it.
You said youve played 150 games of PES then gave us your (possibly already decided) view after 6 games of Fifa.

You said youve played 150 games of PES then gave us your (possibly already decided) view after 6 games of Fifa.

Full opinion about online will be later but my first opinion about online is my first opinion. Maybe when i will play 30 online matches i change my first opinion. I can't?

All this brings me back to the question what really improved betweeen full game and demo, apart of the game speed due to the unlocked setting (for what reason EA blocks that and sliders nowadays).

Just seen this video from Chris in the PES2019 PC thread...

Just saw this video from TTB:

Unbelievable graphics. Looks absolutely amazing.

Honestly, I think the gameplay looks pretty bad - loads of first-time stuff from the AI, and the old low-cross goals. But graphically, it's something else.

The graphics look good but, after speeding through to the stats at the end, do both games have a problem with lack of fouls this year?

PS i quoted it here so not off topic ;)

I don't have a problem with PES fouls in general ..get about 4-6 per game but no penalties. FIFA no sliders maybe 1 per game. With sliders I was getting 3 or 4 and penalties but the sliders ruined other aspects ..not that fifa needs any help to be bad this year ...i really can't get on with the player movement and ball physics

Yeah...because everyone else here is completely unbiased...lol

There are still people here claiming that stats on Pes don't play a role AT ALL...
They think that because on the higher difficulties average cpu teams play better than they should then stats don't matter..But that is caused from cpu difficulty level which overrides stats and it's an issue in BOTH games..
But in other situations stats clearly DO matter..

I'm playing myClub for the first time this year and i can see if this is the case or not...
To the people saying that..go play a match online with shit average players against a superstar team and see,get butchered and then come here and tell me that stats don't matter and that people who try to get good players are crazy because they could get the same results with bad players since stats don't matter as they say..

Anyway,i'm not saying this towards you or something..just speaking in general.

To the people saying that..go play a match online with shit average players against a superstar team and see,get butchered and then come here and tell me that stats don't matter and that people who try to get good players are crazy because they could get the same results with bad players since stats don't matter as they say..
The overall stats determine the level of scripting for or against you. On an individual basis, most of them are negligible.

Full opinion about online will be later but my first opinion about online is my first opinion. Maybe when i will play 30 online matches i change my first opinion. I can't?

probs a better approach would have been :

1. keep your post that you received fifa 19
2. NOT posting that you'd played a few games and that you'll find it hard to complete another 100 but you'll try
3. actually playing 100 games (or 50 games or whatever til you feel you have enough to base a formed opinion on)
4. then AFTER this you post your opinion

just to add - i've played about 30 games of fifa on manual. i'm not getting to grips with it yet. its quite possible i never will - in which case i will ditch it. but i still have offline and sliders to play so i cannot judge til I play those later (am exploring FUT first) and, hopefully, i improve in manual play by then.

You can only judge PES after the next patch for me. I thought FIFA was awful on release but after the latest patch it's really improved. Admittedly Konami are taking their time but if they can fix the AI it will be immense

Night CL matches looks really good. Grass looks awesome too. Classic matches use totally different lighting. WTF? I hope they change it.

Yeah, it looks miles better than yellowish-sepia effect, but I wouldn't be that optimistic thinking they gonna change it. NOPE, it won't be changed this year for sure. If you play on PC you might easily adapt CL effect to all games, which is crucial thing to do before you start the game. But yeah, consoles' life is a bit different :) The only solution for this is to change settings on your TV to proper blue colours (but mixing it with sepia might not bring perfect result out).

FIFA definitely wasn't "awful" before the patch. Making paying customers wait 2 months for a patch that might fix a crucial part of the game can be considered awful though.
was for me ..ball physics were rubbish, erratic passing, at least 2 overheadkicks per game (by degender) OP headers. No fouls (still an issue) For me FIFA was awful on release

Back
Top Bottom