FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Took me one Google to find the 1-2-3 ban from different red cards @Chris Davies ...
Mate, we're both quoting the exact same article and saying it says different things...

It says "professional fouls are a one match ban" which I think tallies with what @Placebo is saying:

d9akuKv.png

You can't "dissent" in FIFA, nor can you perform violent conduct. Even the worst tackle in FIFA, you're pressing a button designed to win the ball, not cripple the guy - there's no button for that. That says to me every ban should be for one game, right?

https://www.goal.com/en/news/premie...card-bans-work-in-/1e6awd5os0a031pri0kcq3eu0c
Two,or more severe,three game ban.
Rule change last season (18/19)
Before that it was a straight three game ban,but with the opportunity to appeal within 7 days,and in some cases it got down to one.

Also one game ban for a Profesional foul (?) Maybe that's what you referred to (handball on the goal line)
But I was questioning FIFA's policy in one game ban no matter what,handball or a brutal two footer from behind.
Just laziness from EA

So step it up EA

Handball to stop a goal = straight red 1 match ban.
Foul to stop a clear goal scoring opportunity (formerly known as fouling when last man) = straight red 1 match ban (as was the case with Lucas Digne with Everton last season so that's the 18/19 season and obviously the rule hasn't change).

The link you posted is useless because it doesn't mention the two examples I just gave which are two of the key red card offences.

Also one game ban for a Profesional foul (?) Maybe that's what you referred to (handball on the goal line)
But I was questioning FIFA's policy in one game ban no matter what,handball or a brutal two footer from behind.
Just laziness from EA

So step it up EA

I would find my defender getting a 3 game ban for a last man foul far more annoying than a player not getting a 3 game ban for a two footed straight red in all honesty.

My original post was "hope they fix the one game ban for a straight red card thing"
When it's a straight three game ban irl!
Then @Placebo answered,and @hitmanuk and then you @Chris Davies .

So back to my statement,I was interested in why they can't fix a straight red (tackle from behind) from me,not the AI,since they hardly tackle at all.
And EA has had 1 game ban forever,they need to sort that,that was my post.
You're right, professional foul= 1 game ban
But also 2 and 3 for tackles or other severe offenses.

Hope you didn't take it the wrong way,being funny or sarcastic is so and so in text.

Btw, Profesional foul from the CPU, never seen that

Handball to stop a goal = straight red 1 match ban.
Foul to stop a clear goal scoring opportunity (formerly known as fouling when last man) = straight red 1 match ban (as was the case with Lucas Digne with Everton last season so that's the 18/19 season and obviously the rule hasn't change).

The link you posted is useless because it doesn't mention the two examples I just gave which are two of the key red card offences.

I would find my defender getting a 3 game ban for a last man foul far more annoying than a player not getting a 3 game ban for a two footed straight red in all honesty.
I know what you mean pal,I was just trying to sort out what's correct or not.
The discussion you had with @hitmanuk isn't mine (handball etc).
But how and what's punished.
Still think EA is sloppy there

Hope you didn't take it the wrong way,being funny or sarcastic is so and so in text.

No, no all good no worries :)

Btw, Profesional foul from the CPU, never seen that

It's definitely very rare, I recently started a new CM with Paulv2k4's CM mod and the first league match was Wigan and they had two players sent off, one was for a late tackle from behind and the other was for a last man foul outside the box :)

It's definitely very rare, I recently started a new CM with Paulv2k4's CM mod and the first league match was Wigan and they had two players sent off, one was for a late tackle from behind and the other was for a last man foul outside the box :)
As it should be facing Wigan mate.:)
Yeah,sometimes I wish I'd get a proper PC and enjoy both FIFA and Pes that way.
Remember turning handball off on FIFA 16 since I got penalised left and right on it
Ps we haven't really discussed utd's promotion to the PL mate:)
Too soon right?

sometimes I wish I'd get a proper PC and enjoy both FIFA and Pes that way.
Me too. And then I remember that they are billion $$$ companies and that if they dont make any effort into delivering decent game, then I shouldnt make any effort myself.
We are doing more than enough, spending half of our time on editing teams in Pes and sliders in Fifa.
Sorry for the little rant out of nowhere.. i panicked.. :LOL:

Me too. And then I remember that they are billion $$$ companies and that if they dont make any effort into delivering decent game, then I shouldnt make any effort myself.
We are doing more than enough, spending half of our time on editing teams in Pes and sliders in Fifa.
Sorry for the little rant out of nowhere.. i panicked.. :LOL:
I'm perfectly fine with having shitty options for kits etc,but gameplay in console fur us is so shitty Vs PC.
I'm actually (sorry for off topic) getting Pes 12-14 for my decent laptop,don't need it in 4k etc

Is that this one? Want to give CM one last go in FIFA 19. Had a good couple of seasons with Lazio, and Deportivo A Coruna. Might give England a go now (Newcastle with it's potential, wouldn't be too unrealistic if they got it together and made the CL) or Derby.

When are we getting some news? I just want to see some gameplay ball physics improvement, man i wish someone would make a pure simulation. Well maybe 2040 will get it, i'll be old but happy.

Ps we haven't really discussed utd's promotion to the PL mate:)
Too soon right?

Naah they deserved it, they spent very little and consistently got good results, hopefully there's lots of thrashings followed by a relegation back to look forward to next season ;)

Is that this one? Want to give CM one last go in FIFA 19. Had a good couple of seasons with Lazio, and Deportivo A Coruna. Might give England a go now (Newcastle with it's potential, wouldn't be too unrealistic if they got it together and made the CL) or Derby.

Yes and no, that's not the latest version, his Discord is the best way to keep up with his news as he left the soccergaming forum for some reason: https://discordapp.com/invite/D99tkbZ

When are we getting some news?

Mid July:

D83AaMnWkAE3FQo.jpg

Capture.PNG

Adding to the above feedback from EA Play, and leaving it at that, because the next build of the game could be completely different.

The fouls situation is probably going to change drammatically because at this early stage the system is kind of broken apparently. You could make a perfect tackle and cleanly get the ball and a foul could be called or you could concede a penalty without even attempting a tackle and so on.

There is a new player instruction for keepers: "sweeper keeper" that makes him come off his line much more aggressively.

Passing (and ball physics) are improved, it requires more thought/skill now. I sure hope it stays like that BUT of course last year EA went on record promising slower more thoughtful passing and we know how that turned out. The only slow thing about it was the speed of the ball, but assistance was through the roof and 1st time passing/ping pong was still a thing.

Another issue was the forever retreating defensive line which plays everyone onside and artificially creates acres of space for the attacking team to get near your box with a single pass. This unfortunately is still the case and it troubles me greatly along with reports that there is even more empty space by default to showcase the new 1v1 system (which otherwise feels really nice and fluid from what I heard, even if you're controlling the defender , as there is a new jockey system).

Last edited:
I wouldn't be anywhere near concerned about the state of the game at the moment.

I have played FIFA a few times pre-release at events like EGX, and it is always been completely different to the full release.
The game speed is always good and feels quite like a simulation but come release date they double the game speed and it becomes the counter attacking fest that FIFA always is.

The slow game speed could be due the change of camera, meaning the further you zoom out the slower the game seems.
It might not be an actual change of game speed.

View attachment 16653Passing (and ball physics) are improved, it requires more thought/skill now. I sure hope it stays like that BUT of course last year EA went on record promising slower more thoughtful passing and we know how that turned out. The only slow thing about it was the speed of the ball, but assistance was through the roof and 1st time passing/ping pong was still a thing
I think you all need to abandon hope for any kind of more thoughtful passing in modern football games. The instant ramen FUT/myClub crowd will complain, and EA/Konami will patch their games in the first 3 months after release to revert passing to pingpong to appease their cash cows just like last year, or the year before that, or so on.

I think you all need to abandon hope for any kind of more thoughtful passing in modern football games. The instant ramen FUT/myClub crowd will complain, and EA/Konami will patch their games in the first 3 months after release to revert passing to pingpong to appease their cash cows just like last year, or the year before that, or so on.

Yeah I know that, passing is one of the things that's mostly designed for casual players. I'm not really hyped for any footy game these days, just posting some details about the current state of the game from people who got to play it. No doubt we will never see this exact version of the game ever again but maybe it helps paint a picture.

EA have openly said that they have to find a compromise to please 3 distinct groups: Hardcore, Casual & Pros. I think this will never happen with a singular gameplay, they need different gameplay for competive fifa/offline and maybe even an arcade/sim option like the one that's already in madden (no idea how well it works in madden, as I don't play the sport).

I know it's not the most import thing, but if this didn't have his name on the back, no one would have any idea who this is!!! :LOL:

upload_2019-6-15_17-45-37.png

I know it's not the most import thing, but if this didn't have his name on the back, no one would have any idea who this is!!! :LOL:

View attachment 16714

The LOD is terrible. Always been in FIFA.
Although there's a small clip of Kevin De Bruyne on the ball, passing it to David Silva (if I recall correctly) that looked very real.

Thx mate. Dissecting now. :)

Nooooo waaaaay.... the same camera?!
I did not know that. Who copied whom?!
Doesn’t matter. Like the cam anyway!! :)

Edit: it doesn’t zoom that dynamic as seen in the other title. A tad too far away for my linking. I don’t need to see the benches all the time.

Edit2: so it is fake? Or fifa19?!

Last edited:

So, it's FIFA 19 but slower.
I like it. But honestly, can they sell it at 80USD just for that little tweak?...

I'm confused with the new generation of football games. Honestly. They're ripping us off.

So, it's FIFA 19 but slower.
I like it. But honestly, can they sell it at 80USD just for that little tweak?...

I'm confused with the new generation of football games. Honestly. They're ripping us off.
Totally agree.

In a similar vain to how we harp on about the PES 5 days, I think Fifa’s pure ‘fun factor’ has progressively got worse since, roughly, 2011/12.

Yes each game had it’s flaws - OP finesse shots from outside the box, gks rushing off their line, OP chip shots, could walk round gks cos they always dived towards if you kept the ball at your feet, etc, but they were fun.

I think tactical defending could definitely work brilliantly, but I hate it currently (I know not everyone does), and ‘threaded through ball’!? Is there really any need for it? (I’ve spent years trying to explain when to use it to my mates and some still don’t get it).

It's FIFA 19 guys. At corner kick we have the same system. It's just with different camera and slower pace.
Yeah, it's super easy to find the "captured in-game" font and put that over the top of a modded FIFA 19.

I don't believe for a second that's real.

Somehow, there is little to no changes on FIFA 20 gameplay so far from all the footage. Dribbling still looks clunky. Ball physics looks scripted. A lot of clipping issues. Physics looks weird(probably no fouls again). I see a bit of catch up bug too. What on earth did EA Sports do the whole year? Develop FIFA street?

Back
Top Bottom