FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Yup, they'll just revert back to the same ol', same ol' with each subsequent patch. I thoroughly enjoyed the FIFA 19 demo and release (minus the CPU scoring one-time screamers from 30 and the over abundance of overhead kicks). I felt it was EA's best effort since 16, but most YouTubberz didn't seem to think so. A lot of them were saying it was too slow, too much emphasis on passing (yes, a FUT "pro" uttered these words), skills moves weren't effective enough, players felt too heavy, etc. Like I say every year, I wish they'd just release FUT as its own game so the rest of us can have some semblance of a football game. Never going to happen.

I've been scouring Twitter for reports from those who went to EA Play and played FIFA, and the consensus seems to be it's much slower, there really is a lot more space on the field, and apart from that it's very similar to 19.

I worry much more about the "extra space on the field" bit.
Well, and the fact that it's very similar to 19, lol.

Like I say every year, I wish they'd just release FUT as its own game so the rest of us can have some semblance of a football game. Never going to happen.
That is truly our only hope.

I keep catching myself thinking (and I think @Emroth has said something similar, sorry if I'm misremembering buddy) "maybe the existence of this stupid cage-football mode will house all the arcade gameplay, and the other modes will become more realistic as a result".

Then I remember that every gameplay change ever made based on Ultimate Team feedback appears in Career Mode (e.g. useless AI defenders - I mean, EA, what if I'm not a fucking ePro - most of us aren't - and I want my £80m defender to be able to, you know, defend, without me holding his hand)...

Until FIFA becomes modular and every mode is its own "thing", it will always be like this. Close, but no cigar.

I worry much more about the "extra space on the field" bit.
Well, and the fact that it's very similar to 19, lol.
See I'm sick of the AI constantly pressing all game without any negative effects, on the higher difficulties - I bet it's the same online too - so more space means less of that IMO.

But the problem is, this will be such a broad-brush implementation that every match will be an identical sequence of events. They've already given me that impression by saying that the "match flow" is "based on the top five leagues", i.e. there is only one match flow, and it's the same in every country, between all teams...

Out of all those, who played at E3, was there anyone who played against AI? And was there any mention of fouls?

Out of all those, who played at E3, was there anyone who played against AI? And was there any mention of fouls?
The way the booths are set up, you're usually in a queue (like it's a fairground attraction) and you're all paired up to play the game so that everyone gets a turn.

There's no opportunity to say "hey, little Johnny, go play Star Wars while I test out the AI difficulty levels - go on, sod off, and stop buying FIFA Points, YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM YOU LITTLE SHI- hey, get off me, don't you know who I am?! I AM THE ELITE"...

The way the booths are set up, you're usually in a queue (like it's a fairground attraction) and you're all paired up to play the game so that everyone gets a turn.

There's no opportunity to say "hey, little Johnny, go play Star Wars while I test out the AI difficulty levels - go on, sod off, and stop buying FIFA Points, YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM YOU LITTLE SHI- hey, get off me, don't you know who I am?! I AM THE ELITE"...
:LOL: :LOL:
That made my day!

Goal.com backs you up, but it's surprisingly difficult to find this information on the FA or Premier League website!

Yeah it's hard to find it written down anywhere, I just confirmed it by looking at a real example:

RED CARD Second-half sub Lucas Digne is sent off for a foul on Huddersfield's Adama Diakhaby as he ran through on goal Huddersfield 0-1 Everton (66 mins) #HUDEVE

10:11 PM - 29 Jan 2019
That was a 1 game ban only.

Potential FIFA 20 demo teams, looking at the EA Play code...

64sau5vy7c331.jpg

Last year, the English teams were Man United and Chelsea. This year, amid rumours that PES have dropped Liverpool and swapped them for Man United... The FIFA 20 demo (possibly) includes Liverpool... The evidence is mounting!

Seeing how the Bundesliga teaser doea not show changing stadiums in the background but the PL one does: seems like another year without all grounds from Germany. Shame.

/Unless they do not want to reveal full Bundesliga treatmentt this point

Last edited:
Happy to see the free kick and penalty systems improved, who was the dummy that created the current one. The ball physics needed a overhaul so at least we are getting an improvement over last year. Thank god The Jurney is dead.__.

I hope they reworked the pathetic corner kick system with the landing missile target on the ground also,but they didn't say anything about it so i doubt it.
Also i would like an On/Off option for the ugly yellow ball cursor in normal gameplay also.I hate seeing this thing every 5 seconds in every long ball and it ruins the realism.Again,it's not gonna happen.
Also the radar looks pretty bad and confusing.I know that they probably did it this way for the colourblind but it's just bad and ugly with them triangles and shit.
Also a coin toss cutscene would be welcomed and something refreshing.Why the home team must always play from left to right?
It would also add some ''gamble'' fun if you play with a mate like ''you lose the coin toss,you buy the next beers.'':BEER:

Dribbling and player movement still looks glitchy and not smooth at all. I feel like Frostbite's animation system have a glaring issue. I mean look at FIFA 16's player movement.

Seeing how the Bundesliga teaser doea not show changing stadiums in the background but the PL one does: seems like another year without all grounds from Germany. Shame.

/Unless they do not want to reveal full Bundesliga treatmentt this point
Considering the fact that Dortmund and Gladbach already have their stadiums licensed, it simply seems like they don't want to reveal the new licenses just yet.

Considering the fact that Dortmund and Gladbach already have their stadiums licensed, it simply seems like they don't want to reveal the new licenses just yet.

fair enough. hoping! might be the last time in some years that my team gets the full treatment (relegated this season)

I just want it to be playable for more than 2-3 seasons. Realistic youth system, a more lively world where managers are changing and so are teams because of that. And obviously gameplay improvements. Some of the pressing the AI does is a bit too extreme sometimes, and it doesn't seem to matter who their manager is. That is where CM can take a leap, teams taking the shape of their managers. Then managers moving around, and changing teams.

I miss also the modding on PC. FIFA 16 with all those leagues, and it was fun to take an international job because you had all the qualifiers and stuff (Thank you based Ariel!). I don't have time for FM anymore. I barely have time for videogames, I rather watch some actual matches.

Also, there is data revolution happening in football, with event data and the xStats in football, and other metrics being used. I wonder how much, if at all, they are being employed by EA and Konami for their games. I feel that as tracking data becomes more common and accessible, they could really use some of that to model a lot of positioning and movement issues with their games.

I just want it to be playable for more than 2-3 seasons. Realistic youth system, a more lively world where managers are changing and so are teams because of that.

What is wrong with the current youth system?
You find a player train them on 5 things every week and next thing you know you have a 16 year old as good as Messi by the end of the season.
This also includes in League 2. You clearly have never visited Crawley Town's youth facilities, they are exactly the same standard as Barcelona's.

So absolutely nothing wrong with the youth system..

Career mode news is earlier this year. Normally it's the week of Gamescom which is on August 21, so late July is much better. About 6 weeks which is not too long.

Switch edition will be just like PS3/X360 versions this year. VOLTA may not be the only change coming. Aaron McHardy said something like 'Switch will not be getting VOLTA or any of the big new features'...which does sound like there's big new features coming.

If VOLTA is good I'm so coming back to Fifa. So long as there's some actual football in there, and not just spam the OP skills like Fifa Street.

Pro Clubs made me leave PES back in 2010, until EA simply let that mode rot for nearly a decade to the absolute disaster it is today.

If VOLTA is good I'm so coming back to Fifa. So long as there's some actual football in there, and not just spam the OP skills like Fifa Street.
I've just seen you talking about 5v5 etc. in the PES thread, so I'm assuming you're looking forward to Volta based on that (as was a TINY part of me, it's not my thing but it seemed like it might work online).

I've got some bad news. EA will only confirm that you can play as the whole team, offline and in an online league format. Not as individual players. It doesn't look like Pro Clubs style play (5v5 etc.) will be possible.

Which makes no sense to me - it's the perfect format for it (easier to get a full 5v5 squad together than 11v11 etc.)...

I've just seen you talking about 5v5 etc. in the PES thread, so I'm assuming you're looking forward to Volta based on that (as was a TINY part of me, it's not my thing but it seemed like it might work online).

I've got some bad news. EA will only confirm that you can play as the whole team, offline and in an online league format. Not as individual players.
Well, you've just shot down my dream. So much for giving Fifa another go then! :DD

Read this on twitter, it's the first impressions of a pro player who got to play the game at EA Play.
Sharing because his 2nd point in particular came as a shock. A very positive one, lol.

Capture.PNG

Obviously ONLY the demo will tell. And even the demo is always an older build so I wouldn't get overexcited just yet.

Since when? Unless that's a brand new rule I haven't seen you're both talking nonsense!

Hand ball on the line stopping a goal = 1 match ban.
Foul stopping a clear goalscoring opportunity = 1 match ban.

That's the way it's been for decades.
https://www.goal.com/en/news/premie...card-bans-work-in-/1e6awd5os0a031pri0kcq3eu0c
Two,or more severe,three game ban.
Rule change last season (18/19)
Before that it was a straight three game ban,but with the opportunity to appeal within 7 days,and in some cases it got down to one.

Also one game ban for a Profesional foul (?) Maybe that's what you referred to (handball on the goal line)
But I was questioning FIFA's policy in one game ban no matter what,handball or a brutal two footer from behind.
Just laziness from EA

So step it up EA

Last edited:
I've been scouring Twitter for reports from those who went to EA Play and played FIFA, and the consensus seems to be it's much slower, there really is a lot more space on the field, and apart from that it's very similar to 19.

What's scaring me is that I've seen lots of videos from websites that have sent someone to play it, and they all complain that it's "way too slow".

Here's a prime example (skip to the last minute): UNILAD at EA Play 2019

Please dear God EA don't listen to these clowns.

Goal.com backs you up, but it's surprisingly difficult to find this information on the FA or Premier League website!
Took me one Google to find the 1-2-3 ban from different red cards @Chris Davies ...

Back
Top Bottom