FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Either they are spoofing, or they will try to bring somewhat more realistic experience next year. Im attaching printscreen from new pitch notes and the last sentence in relation to chained skill moves is giving me some hope for F20.Screenshot_20190608-192737_Chrome.jpg

EA SPORTS have extended their partnership with LA LIGA until Season 2023-2024.

D7QuncbWkAA3X40

Which is probably when Lionel Messi is going to retire and also the year in which we will all die.
Great. Can we expect Pakistan 1&2 devision league?

It's pretty much a copy of fifa street into fifa 20, it's a bit of a surprise to me, they could've cashed in on 2 games. I don't mind, i loved fifa street.

Just catching up now and watching the whole presentation. I'll edit this as I go, but the first thing I noticed... There's a Volta producer. Almost like it's a separate game.

That gives me a little hope that the gameplay model will differ for Volta compared to the rest of the game. (Admittedly, there's a FUT producer too and that gameplay is the same as the offline part, but... It's different, I think.)

As for the rest of it... I'm not convinced. It all sounds good but I don't trust how it's going to be implemented. It looks MUCH slower in the clips, but without seeing it from the standard gameplay camera it's difficult to be confident.

Even the ball physics - they look better, but we're not seeing general ball movement, only crosses and shots. Passes might still be bananas.

Last edited:
I have a teeny tiny bit of hope since we will have seperate pitch notes mid July for career mode. Maybe, just maaaaaybe there will be more than 2 small changes this year...

I have a teeny tiny bit of hope since we will have seperate pitch notes mid July for career mode. Maybe, just maaaaaybe there will be more than 2 small changes this year...
Yeah, having a dedicated Career Mode news day is pretty massive, I'll give you that (and Pro Clubs too), and before the FUT shit.

Yeah, having a dedicated Career Mode news day is pretty massive, I'll give you that (and Pro Clubs too), and before the FUT shit.

A negative nancy on the other hand could say that they get all the unimportant stuff out of the way before their "super awesome hyper mega ultracool" FUT-stuff. :LMAO:

That is something that will not completely be fixed with current gen consoles, not yet.

Such a waste of time and what I was expecting.. they will make the mode polit-correct and diverse. They need you to understand it that because they say diversity 5 times for 2 min video... 30 min boring bland talking.

HAHAHAHAAH they copy PES penalty kicks :D

What's wrong with the game promoting diversity? Football probably has the biggest and most diverse audience in the world and I don't get what's wrong with promoting that?

Penalty kick clip looks much better than it is now.Finally there is proper foot planting to the way the player approaches to hit the ball.First time in a Frostbite Fifa till now.Hopefully this is the case with normal gameplay also.
I hope they reworked the corners also cause they're ridiculous as of now with this yellow cross on the ground bullshit.

It's encouraging that they try to improve ball physics also.This alone can have a huge role for a better gameplay.
If they improve the twitchy animations also and make them more stable with a realistic feel of weight it will be also great.
It's hard to take this game serious with this light feel and twitchiness.

But from what i see and after reading the notes,if they end up being true that is,and if they fix some annoying CM bugs like good teams won't play their best players etc,it may end up being a good Fifa.
If of course they won't fuck it up again with some update because the ''community'' complained at social media that it's too slow,too difficult or too realistic and they want it being more ''fun'' again..

Watching some of these clips again, AI defenders seem to just float around doing nothing (no attempt to intercept a ball or mark real close), watching the team with the ball score. The "AI defending is OP" fut idiots are gonna be very happy this year I fear.

Watching some of these clips again, AI defenders seem to just float around doing nothing (no attempt to intercept a ball or mark real close), watching the team with the ball score. The "AI defending is OP" fut idiots are gonna be very happy this year I fear.
What worries me, is that in all those clips, after each tackle, I havent seen one attacking player who would trip all fall. All tackles were perfect at the ball and the players were untouched. Looked very soft and weightless. If there is no physicality and fouls next year - im not getting this.

Maybe it's on a lower difficulty.I think when they make these ''trailers'' for both games,they don't put the highest cpu difficulty so they can score more easily for the footage.
About your team's AI defending,i don't think that it should be very effective otherwise there's no reward for being good in defence if any noob can just let the AI defend perfectly for him while he is controlling Messi..
You must be the one who controls the defender and if you're good at it then you should be rewarded.
It will be good if they find the right balance to it,so it won't be very effective and op when the cpu defends for you,but also not too passive and ineffective to the point where you have to control the defender otherwise you'll concede 100% a goal.

Back
Top Bottom