FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

So this is interesting...

The Pitch Notes schedule has changed, and things have been swapped around, in terms of their announcements.

Career Mode has been pushed back. Suspicious. :TD:

But, the good news is... We get an update every four days on average!

And when they do release FIFA on the next gen systems there will be a 3 year wait till the PC gets the same version.
Dunno, man. It worked like that with the PS3/Xbox 360 era but not with PS4/Xbox One.

It's true that FIFA 14 was "old gen" on PC and next gen on consoles, but the PC version got released way before the consoles were launched (so I see a reason not to use the Ignite engine on PC). FIFA 15 was the same for PS4/XB1/PC.
And when FIFA moved to Frostbite, we got the new engine at the same time on PC and consoles.
Here's hoping the same happens when the new consoles are released (without knowing anything official, of course).

Loving absolutely all of that article.

The thing about pressure is, it's all anyone does online, because it's unrealistically effective (more so than real life). Anything that shifts the balance away from every player just spamming pressure buttons is a step towards engaging your brain when you play online.

It all sounds great, I'm really impressed. But I'm also aware it may all be turned off by patch #1...

Fully agree. Who knows how all this will play, but what they're saying is music to the ears.

The defensive changes alone have me psyched, but there's a lot of much needed things being addressed, like player switching, set pieces, and ball physics.

Maybe most of all I'll be interested to see how they pull off the Composed Finishing without actually making creating chances harder. In 19, I create probably at least half a dozen one-on-one opportunities per game, but they have such high error on close shots they miss at such an unrealistic percentage. So the question for me is, if they're improving the accuracy of close shots, are they ensuring that creating those chances are harder so the games aren't goalfests?

If nothing else, love the communication from the devs now. I'm pumped.

So this is interesting...

The Pitch Notes schedule has changed, and things have been swapped around, in terms of their announcements.

Career Mode has been pushed back. Suspicious. :TD:

But, the good news is... We get an update every four days on average!

Has it been pushed back? I thought we were always getting CM news in mid to late July.

Has it been pushed back? I thought we were always getting CM news in mid to late July.
At the very least, it's been swapped to the back of the queue.

Before:

screenshot_20190608-205034_youtube-jpg.16456

After:

D_yZmjqWwAAXIfP.jpg

At the very least, it's been swapped to the back of the queue.

Before:

screenshot_20190608-205034_youtube-jpg.16456

After:

D_yZmjqWwAAXIfP.jpg

Interesting. I'm not sure there's much to read into there, but it ain't like I'm expecting much anyways. Rumor floating around is it'll just be fixes to CM, nothing new.

That said, they're going to get crushed again if there's nothing substantial and you wonder why they'd include it at all in this if it's super minimal. Maybe that's just me getting my hopes up...

- They removed no touch dribbling. what a damn shame. that feature was absolutely golden in fifa 16. but they nerfed it to pointlessness in the sequels and now they just outright removed it for this "set-up shot" thing. No no no.

Look at this video I posted recently which features no-touch. watch the clips from 1m34s to 1m50s. no touch allows you to control space through just letting the ball roll , and to feint the ball to confuse attackers. it's a very vital part of real football and is used all the time. you don't always want to be taking touches of the ball in real life. often you just want to let it roll and chose your moment to touch/dribble the ball

That's not fair.
Literally whichever football game you compare to FIFA 16 will lose, in pretty much any category - except maybe graphics.
FIFA 16 was and still is the undisputed best football game ever created.

And I'll fight anyone who disagrees :BLEH:.

Lastly wanted to say, this was probably my favorite part

"The new Physics will make passes feel more realistic, adding spin and creating a natural curve with passes. Players will often see the ball bouncing off the ground after contact and subtle bounces once the ball touches the ground, which will have an impact on the ball trajectory and also when trapping the ball. Hard passes and bad passes will have more bounce to their trajectory, to demonstrate the error/difficulty of the pass. Pitch wear-and-tear also influences the bounces, with rougher pitches increasing the ball’s bounce, making it rise more and more irregularly."

:BLINK:

That would be... revolutionary.
I'm going to remain skeptical about it, until I've tried it myself.

Also, I'm thinking maybe the whole PES licenses deal might have influenced the Career Mode news, dragging them a little further in time. The majority of FIFA players are interested in FUT. They are craving for FUT related news.
The Piemonte Calcio slap-back and the negativity surrounding EA for the past couple of days must have forced them to shuffle the deck and deal again.

Konami want PL like EA Juventus in this moment. The difference is that Konami never had PL but EA always had Juve. How feel Konami for all these years?? Now EA now it. Blocking licenses is not good way.

Love the communication from EA.

But here is the pessimist:

Different ball types - Really.... Do we really believe that this is something we can feel?
Also - Slower tempo. GREAT - The reality is that they are living from the FUT-people.

That's not fair.
Literally whichever football game you compare to FIFA 16 will lose, in pretty much any category - except maybe graphics.
FIFA 16 was and still is the undisputed best football game ever created.

And I'll fight anyone who disagrees :BLEH:.

I'm not going to disagree. Even for all the amazing times I had with PES/4/5/6, playing against mates all summer, spending stupid times in the edit mode listening to Jap jazz... FIFA 16 is like those games but updated to modern standards. It is the king!

That's not fair.
Literally whichever football game you compare to FIFA 16 will lose, in pretty much any category
I almost agree, but... FIFA 14 does win in one: variety.
In FIFA 14 different teams really had different approaches to the match (e.g. Borussia Dortmund would spam long balls to the striker as soon as possible while the Portland Timbers would always try and use the flanks to cross it in). This difference is also seen in FIFA 16 from time to time, but... It looks like when they need to score all the teams suddenly start playing tiki-taka no matter what (at least this is my opinion).

Let's indulge in some wild speculation.

For a start, they're "waiting on assets", which suggests a video. You don't need assets for the purposes of publishing an article, unless it's screenshots - and you can take those yourself, you're not reliant on a third party. (Or licenses...)

What assets could they be waiting for? Latest kits, player faces etc. were evident in the trailer released yesterday. They've got to be career mode focused assets.

My bet - it's a licensing thing. Rumours are flying that, in response to losing Juventus, they're going after extra leagues (Romania was mentioned earlier in the thread), but contracts are date-restricted. I think the starting dates on these new licenses are August 1st, which is causing the hold-up.

Alternatively... We've seen BayArena pop up in the trailer. Perhaps they want to shock us all by announcing the Bundesliga has got the Premier League / La Liga treatment. Every stadium (bar one of course) included, every manager too.

I'm not going to disagree. Even for all the amazing times I had with PES/4/5/6, playing against mates all summer, spending stupid times in the edit mode listening to Jap jazz... FIFA 16 is like those games but updated to modern standards. It is the king!
The more i hear about FIFA 16 being the holy the more i'm reminded i need to sort my shit out and get it installed!

The more i hear about FIFA 16 being the holy the more i'm reminded i need to sort my shit out and get it installed!
yep fifa 16 for me was the closest to the old days of pes and still play it to this day and still plays better than the current games that are out there imo.

For a start, they're "waiting on assets", which suggests a video. You don't need assets for the purposes of publishing an article, unless it's screenshots - and you can take those yourself, you're not reliant on a third party. (Or licenses...)

What makes you think they have access to a work-in-progress game on a daily basis?.
They are just PR/Social Media guys. Don't think they can go and start playing the game just like that. They probably have a certain timeline for themselves as well in which they can get access to it.
Right? Do you think I'm very far off?

Also..
Call me Mr. Positive or Mr. Brightside.
(Or... PRO_TOO_Version_2 :PP)
But I'm beginning to think we might get some (very)good football games this year after a long time.
Much like back in that 2012-2013 season. One of the best years football-games wise for me. Loved both so much.

Hmm delaying the CM news announcement, worrying, I'm sure their PR team realises that if it's disappointing news then the more they delay it closer to release the more pushback and anger they're going to get, resulting in lost sales...

...maybe they're hoping the anger/disappointment will be lost in the pre-launch window buzz?

I really have high hopes for the game this year so if the CM news is disappointing I'm unlikely to buy the game all.

I wouldn't get excited about the career mode announcement.

We have added Romania, Qatar and Mongolia to the playable leagues.
Other features include new cut scenes when you sign players of them playing a piano for your twitter feed.

Edited by mod to include original link

D_1rScCWsAE9SsN.jpg

D_1rTl9WwAEaEui.jpg

D_1rTR8XsAAl7Zs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest - comparing to Pes those faces look outdated as fuck.. look like from Fifa15..
And even with that - rest of their bodies need even more work. I dont know if people can take one more year of skinny Lukakus..

Back
Top Bottom