Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'FIFA' started by Scorpio, 25 September 2018.
Great stuff @Matt10 i will test when i get a chance.
Yeah. Appreciate it. Been waiting. Thx @Matt10
Will test right now!
Hi @Matt10 i have played one game with your sliders (sorry don’t play as much as you guys)
And i quite enjoyed it. The CPU committed 3 fouls and got 3 yellow cards. In fact they committed 5 fouls because twice the ref played on. It may be to do with the 49 First touch control although I hope it doesnt make my players ‘Super Human’ with their feet like hands.
The only thing I changed with your sliders was Passing Error i kept at 50/50 and Injury freq at 60/60.
I will try more tomorrow.
I last night played 3 or 4 games in The Journey on semi and slow, with the sliders pretty much the same as Matt's latest and I have to say I'm back to the same feeling of wonder I had during the demo. I won one penalty (the keeper clattering into my striker) and a couple of yellows in other matches so fingers crossed...
@Matt10 Set V2B1 feedback:
i was playing a couple of matches with the default sliders when 1.02 hit my ps4. i felt it a little to hectic compared to what i played with the latest slider set and 1.01! so i was happy to see the first version of the 1.02 sliders were out... applied them and i felt kinda "home" again.
i wasnt playing the same match over and over (thx for that Matt) but i was playing 1 CL final last night and some 3rd german league matches with Kaiserslautern. did not notice anything changed regarding cards from the ref. but i did get 2 free kicks, something that was rare at 1.01 (at least for my matches).
so the ball physics, especially rolling on the ground, are polished. i can see and feel it. me as a manual player (semi shooting these days) think this is the right way. i play my power bar at 60 and have no probs ground passing, i can get the ball off my feet fast enough when there is pressure (putting in some driven ground passes from time to time when its needed).
header and volleys still seem a little fast/hard. other than that, i like the new set and will keep on testing!
ps: if someone wants to see a perfect example of the ball physics still (not miles, but...) behind the competition, have a look at the 2 small animations before CL matches, where some player keep the ball in the air! hillarious animations in theses scenes...!
pps: when i played Barcelona in the CL final, i liked how they tiki-taka'd sometimes... they did not do it all over the pitch, just when it was needed (when i pressured hard or they wanted to get in good position for a cross or shot at goal). it was not bothering me, it added to the whole match (as it felt real).
Does anyone feel the CL games play out differently post patch with this slider set? Plays fine for normal league matches on CM but feels sluggish in CL. It used to be the other way around for me.
Hi Evo friends, we've been hard at work last couple days, and version 2 beta 2 is now out for testing. Give em a bash, please!
What we needed to focus on in this Beta 2 set was the following:
►More middle of the field, midfield.
►Better coverage down the sidelines.
►CPU decision making.
►CPU clinical shooting.
FIFA 19 OS Sliders - Set V2B2
Difficulty: Pro, World Class, Legendary, Ultimate
Time: 10-15 minute halves
►Sprint Speed: 44/45
- The importance here is to find the most physical interactions, even if a foul is not called. In addition, the discrepancy is created so that the CPU does not give up when chasing the user down. By default, there is a bit of an advantage for the CPU, but the user also has an advantage in being able to run off the rails with super cancel, shifting from side to side, and knocking the ball ahead. The animations smooth out here as well, which is always welcomed in FIFA. While Beta 1's Sprint Speed at 51 was good in terms of reactions, we couldn't get on with it for too long as the players started to look like they were playing on ice.
- No changes here, and to be honest, it most likely will not be lowered like in previous years. Reason being is the fatigue is always affected (unfortunately) and the feel of the game just becomes very sluggish and out of sync. The animation that starts is what I call "locomotion" as in the player is revving up in order to move in any direction. Looks strange. Keeping it at 50.
►Shot Error: 53/53
- We tested this from 52 to 55. The value of 52 introduced a lot more post hits, and some unrealistic rocket goals, which was a bit unfortunate. The value of 55 seems to be the threshold, but paired up with the shot speed (below), the shooting became too tame and the GK was able to catch more than deflect.
►Pass Error: 55/55
- There is a lot of love for 58, and that is understandable. This is definitely still in play. The main issue that I found with 58 was that the pass speed is also important. If you increase the pass error, the speed of the passes will naturally slow down. This makes for some very laboring and soft gameplay. In addition, the long balls are not of Pro quality. Regardless of stats, most players can kick the ball fairly far in the air. It's a bit unrealistic to see the ball sent up in the air, and knuckle downwards like a Ronaldo free kick.
○ Personal Preference: I am playing with it at 52. I like this value because it keeps a strong sense of quality passes on the ground and through the air. It also does not affect crossing as much. Had hesitations because I thought the tiki-taka would show up, but that's mainly to due with run frequency.
►Shot Speed: 49/49
- This was a surprising value to be honest. Something felt off with the way the keeper interacted with the ball. They would dive underneath the flight of the ball when struck. So a medium height shot, and the keeper dives underneath it. In addition, the save animations were limiting with the high shot speed as you rarely see one handed saves. The main animation would be the two arms outstretched that you rarely see IRL. Now, with it at 49, goodness...what amazing save animations. The keeper reacts are so much better. There is a true sense of getting solid contact on the ball, and when you score those worldies, it feels extremely rewarding.
►Pass Speed: 50/50
- No adjustments here as this is the best balance. As you increase pass error, you may want to look into increasing pass speed to compensate. Overall though, no issues with it being at 50.
►Injury Frequency: 65/65
- Thanks to Aaron's suggestion on this one. Good balance of walk-offs and injuries needing to be subbed out right away.
►Injury Severity: 10/10
- Thanks to Aaron's suggestion on this one. Good balance of walk-offs and injuries needing to be subbed out right away.
►GK Ability: 50/50
- No need to be adjusted. It seems to mainly control the aggression of the keeper. I think FIFA 19's keepers are really solid this year, and any adjustments are personal preference.
- Went down from 54 on this one because the lines are tighter, and in general, we found the man marking to be too much. While it made for some good aggression, it made it overall too "sticky". As in, the LB would follow a CDM as far back as possible, forcing the CB to cover the flanks higher up the pitch, etc. It's a great concept, but this is one of those values that needs to be left alone. CTTs also have to be considered here as there is an increase in aggression depending on the chosen tactic, and if paired up with an additional marking mechanic, it just becomes too much and chaotic. Note, there are definitely some teams (Chelsea, Dortmund, for example) that seem to be "hardcoded" and cause chaos on their own regardless of slider values. I would advise to accept that there are a select few CPU teams that are just geared that way, and it would be advised to not test sliders against these teams as that feedback can be pretty skewed. Part of my 3 hour stream was mainly playing against Chelsea (as Arsenal), and safe to say, it was frustratingly educational.
►Run Frequency: 25/25
- We dropped this down from 45 to 25 to help with the runs off the ball. It's not only for that though, as we did try it at varying values including 50+, but it also affects the FB running, relative to the FB positioning value chosen (below). In hopes of not messing up a good thing (sidelines, FB not getting too tucked consistently), I've opted to leave this value at the happy medium of 25, which was well tested and received positive feedback. I would say this is a higher value than what the OS community usually prefers, but whenever we test below, or especially the usual 1/1, the gameplay became tiki-taka and direct. Since a marking value is too sensitive to compensate, it's better to leave it how it is at 25.
⦿ The Height, Length and Width (HLW) values are significant this year with the CTT's. We are still treading quite carefully here on veering too far away from default unless absolutely necessary.
- We tested this to the max. Balla will tell you that we had it as high as 85, and it just creates so many issues. The shape could look great one minute, then fall apart the next. You could have a super high line in CTTs, and in sliders, but your CB is following an attacker deep into the box. Too many compensations are needed when adjusting height. There is a specific animation that comes up as well where the players are seemingly playing an offside trap at random, and they speed ahead of a runner, making it very easy to sprint past. Safe to say, we're leaving this one alone.
- The reason we've gone away from the discrepancy here is because whenever a discrepancy is involved, it requires discrepancies in every other area of HLW and even marking + run frequency. Too many to count, and too many variables, that could happen, with it. There are enough rabbit holes (fouls!) to go down, and this one needs to be respected as is. In terms of lowering length to 45 is that it provides a solid midfield look where the CDM still gets in front of the attacker, and cuts off those passes to them. With the adjustment to width (below), the midfield is more packed, and passing the ball forward has more risk and reward, as it should be.
- Thankfully not as sensitive as a value, but still has a lot of power in establishing consistency. We stayed at 50, and got as high as 85 on this value. The idea finally came to me to just lower it under 50 and see what happens. Surprisingly, paired with the other line values and FB positioning, it allowed the middle of the pitch to be a midfield, and also gave enough coverage on the sides. Marking is lowered at 50, so there is not as high of a chance of the FB getting too tucked in consistently, and it also brings in those runs into the box to be more central versus constantly backpost or late. This was the value that completed the Beta 2 set.
►FB Positioning: 48/48
- Honestly, we had to get the FB's under control. It's not necessarily that they were going too far up the pitch, it's more so that where they were on the attacks were then getting them stuck in transition to mark a forward or midfielder, resulting in being tucked in too much, and essentially transitioning as a CDM - who has to make up for their side of the field right away. With this very small adjustment, it now does not bring them in as quickly, which helps with a more patient attack, but also does not allow them to "lock on" to a player as soon as a transition happens. They still get up the pitch if your instructions allow it, and they still get up the pitch if you send them on a manual run. Really makes for some great sideline play, and respects the modern day of the importance of a good FB.
►FT Control: 50/50
- Keeping this one simple. Technically, the higher you go in pass error, the more you want to go up in FT control, so it compliments the pass speed lowered. FIFA's big thing is the touch this year, and there is no surprise that we haven't quite determined the best value here. All sliders are relative, so a pass speed of 40 and FT control of 100, does not necessarily make sense. Keeping it simple, but feel free to provide feedback on it, relative to the set of course.
Tested the latest sliders last night for 6 games in The Journey (so a nice mix of La Liga, Premier League and the Women's World Cup) and the game feels so smooth now. I had two penalties and 3 direct free kick opportunities in those 6 games so loving it at the moment.
Good work @Matt10 et al!
yeah. new slider set!!!
today we have a huuuge festival in town... so i'll be partying all night! but tmw is my day off and i will test the new set! looking forward to it! thx " @Matt10 and the slider family"!
have a good day yall!
Had one quick match on new sliders, semi everything, prof difficulty, 8min halfs.
Won 3-1 (i was Mallorca, played against some low team from Germany). Might go up the difficulty as it might be little bit too easy.
Match itself was nice and smooth. A lot of nice animations and randomness. Played much nicer than on previous sliders. It will keep me occupied till Pes patch, but however it plays I just cant bare having no fouls.
I was using excessive skills, shielding, right stick dribbling, anything i could think of just to force some fouls, and had 0 (ZERO).
This is some bullcrap. EA really need to sort this out.
I'll have few more matches in the evening to have better overview.
Fantastic work as usual @Matt10 Made the game very smooth.
I'm really trying hard to keep playing this on professional difficulty because, to my eyes, above that the AI goes into these 5 hyper-speed pass routines which are annoying.
So I made a couple of changes:
Game Speed: Slow
Settings: Full manual
What I changed:
Sprint Speed: 44/47
Pass Speed: 50/35
Thanks Matt, was halfway through an A-League season on World Class and tried the recent sliders. Gameplay was great. Noticed the AI missed a couple of more simple shots which looked a bit scripted, i.e. the ball looked like it was always going to miss. I think I knocked back the shot error by 1.
Also - with the passing error as it was, the AI mis-hit every cross. Potentially, because of the lower abilities of these players. I put the AI pass error back to 51 and it was better. Although, the AI is getting pass completion around 85% and me around 75%. This is with default control settings, so assisted passing and shooting and semi crossing. Might have to put my pass error back to 50.
Either way, it seems crossing is the most affected by pass error?
Loving the goalkeeping animations and more random shooting though. Perhaps, with these players at least, the acceleration can be a bit sluggish.
Will have to start a separate campaign with a 4-5 star team and see how that plays out.
Is Professional too easy for you or just right? The reason I ask is you lowered the pass speed for the CPU?
Yeah good adjustments there. I'm personally using 52 pass error, and still exploring a pass speed that can create more dynamic gameplay, but not make the animations sped up like crazy.
Shot error is difficult. This year's game is strange with the shots. 55 error, 60 error, the CPU can definitely score some worldies.
We're still exploring the best for run frequency and marking - but treading very carefully as it's so sensitive this year. Not necessarily a bad thing though. Hope you're enjoying it!
Definitely enjoying it. Hard to make too many tweaks considering the players I'm using are in teams rated 60 something. Some really good moments of excitement and oooh almost about the gameplay. One of the best FIFA's so far.
So i had few more games and it played really well, @Matt10. Had to do few tweaks but its because of me, not your sliders.
Im considering myself a decent Pes player, but crap Fifa player. Just cant get used to ball direction being determined when it leaves players foot. Its weird and unnatural. As a result, half way through the matches ive decided to go to assisted settings, as i have enough of frustrations that came from Pes and just wanted to enjoy a football game for a change.
To counter the passing accuracy and to still have some randomness I upped pass error by 3 points (56). Like you advised to compensate on loss of ball speed i upped pass speed to 53. And to make it a bit more crazy i also upped FT error to 53.
And by jaysus how enjoyable these games were! Havent had so much fun with a football game for weeks!
Had one or two fouls from AI as well but most of the time they only whistle against me. But ball speed on the pitch and shots were really satisfying and fun to play!
Now I've put in a difference between human and AI sprint speeds I'm finding it a challenge.
Whenever I try having the pass speed at 50/50 I feel like the AI is playing a different game to the one I'm playing. They will put together 5 passes that are so much quicker than anything I can do (even when I use semi). When I put the AI passing on 35 I feel that passing speeds are the same for both of us (on both manual or semi). So I started with that as the base and tried compensating in terms of sprint speed, FT error.
I guess it depends on what you're looking for. I know you're a big fan of getting the animations right and with this set of sliders you've certainly done that. But for me, it's equality of passing speeds. Every time the AI runs one of its 5-passes-in-a-row, no error, perfect control, hyper-speed routines it ruins the immersion for me. I get that it introduces a touch of variety in the AI's approach, but it's just so fast and perfect every time. Putting acceleration on 49 seems to help a little but not enough.
In switching between Professional and World Class the biggest differences I've noticed (apart from even more hyper-speed passing routines and one-touch shots) is the speed of the press. I like the fact that the AI genuinely makes you hurry up when you play against a team like Man City. So I've tried to use your sliders but just changed the sprint speed to make it more difficult on Professional and to get the AI to put more pressure on me. I've even gone so far as 44/48.
I'm hoping it remains a challenge at Professional because the passing just looks more realistic.
Thanks for the explanation. I was genuinely curious because I have read feedback on professional, in general. In year's past, we'd always consider lowering pass speed for CPU as well because of the driven pass element. Since that was introduced in FIFA 16, it made the default 50 pass speed get upwards to pass speeds into the 80's; so it only made sense to lower it.
I would say this year the driven pass is not as effective, or used, for the CPU. However, there are still those moments, especially by the user's backline, in which the passes are too fast to react to.
Acceleration will help to a point, but acceleration in general has its issues in the game. What I've found is that raising the pass speed has also been good, in terms of the CPU, because they can't keep up with certain passes. Relative to the pass speed you choose, it's interesting to watch the ball become looser and the CPU struggle to complete the passes. I'm not sure which I prefer just yet, but I have been testing at it higher and the CPU sends in a lot more passes into path, versus straight on the money to a well received foot. Go figure.
Love the sprint speed at 44-45, it gives the physicality another dimension, and also loving the keepers with the shoot speed at 49-49. Left H-L-W at default for now, however with those two changes I've had the BEST evening with this Fifa so far (and it's not like I wasn't enjoying it before!). A lot of really satisfying friendlies and two beautiful Liga games with Atletico Madrid that truly felt, well like real Liga matches. Best next-gen football experience so far.
Props to to @Matt10 ! Excellent as always.
Nice work on the slider Matt. Only had 2 games so need more time but they both felt great in the pre season tournament. Physicality seemed much better and I notice Kessie who I have in centre mid was a beats in the air and tackles. Felt great. Thanks !
What level are you both playing. I am on prof but find it too easy with Matts sliders and i don’t want to go up to World Class.
I’m still loving it and still find it a challenge on close to default though.
What difference does the sprint speed setting make?
I play World Class indeed!
With the sprint setting I find the game more physical and the animations (obviously) slower and simply overall better both to see and to play with.
With this value at 51-51 the cpu was harder to play against, but the game and the animations were a bit frenetic. Now with 44-45 I still feel the game competitive, but the whole experience in terms of rhytm and general pace improved dramatically.
Then, I have no idea what to say in terms of difficulty. The point discrepancy seems to be doing a good job in preventing the game being too easy while still keeping your faster players in an advantage in the one v one. But this year the game seems to be in some kind of really special spot in terms of personal challenge, with some people finding it super easy at the maximum level and some others (like me) struggling as hell at WC or finding professional good enough, so what's good for me might be abysmal for another player.
I play legendary. But thinking of going to Ultimate. With those sliders and the games I played. I really enjoyed it. I think I’ve made peace with some of the fast passing or maybe I don’t notice it as much. I do tend not to spam sprintbthough when defending and cover space then press the pass reciever. AI tends to play more realistic for me then.
Still playing with sliders , I've knocked the speed down to 43 for me agaibst 45 for ai. They have plus one acceleration too. Pass speed up to 60 but first touch up to around 59 now which influences pass speed also. And helps with AI tika taka. Biggest thing I have changed though is run freq and width. Run freq is at 80 and width 100. This all but gets rid of the silly passing as players are wider apart. Probably be some negatives but I've come to realise sliders are not about making the game a SIM it will never happen they are about finding the game you enjoy.
Ok - I've bumped up pass speed to 52 for both me and the AI and my acceleration has gone from 44 to 45. Getting more even pass completion stats at around 85%. The AI is still playing a bit of tiki taka though and scoring some crackers. They're missing a few but deadly otherwise. Maybe it was just the team I played against. Will test the sliders with a good team/league soon but seeing some good gameplay still. Not sure I should leave my shot error at 52-53 as I'm not scoring in many games and always just missing or getting the shots saved.
World class, normal speed, default control settings, A-League season.
We did come out with a new version of the sliders. I know you guys are enjoying V2B2, but let me know if you'd like me to post the up to date one. It's much closer to default, but also has some areas that need to be addressed. Currently I'd say the feedback is about 80% positive.
Really don't like run frequency at 25, the players are so static and I lost 4 in a row whilst scoring none. Bumped it to 40 and now I think I've found the setsw spot.