Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
I guess they don't put much money into anything related to FIFA anymore. Because it will make them cash regardless if they put anymore effort. Saves them cost.

EA SPORTS™ FIFA 19 officially launches worldwide September 28 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch™, and PC. Experience the world's most prestigious club competition in FIFA 19 with the addition of the UEFA Champions League. Achieve European glory with your favourite club in Career Mode or the all-new standalone UEFA Champions League mode. Discover the exciting finale of Alex Hunter's story in The Journey: Champions. Build your dream squad with live UEFA Champions League and Europa League content updates in FIFA 19 Ultimate Team. No matter where or how you play FIFA 19, you can experience the greatest club football competition in the world.

From YouTube.

There will be changes in the fights for the ball, the 50/50 will be determined by the attributes of each player.

There will be a new active touch system that changes the way they receive and hit the ball.

In #FIFA19 we will have a new dynamic system of tactics, where we can configure the templates, customize their tactical positioning and more. Surely we will have new menus within the selection of the teams.

From an EA guy. The last one has gotten my hopes up but will probably be broken.

That trailer was the same old repeated trailer they showed the last few years, not even a hint of new functionality, additions, nothing, just the Champions license.

Release date being September 28th, so late compared to Pes.

At least they fix night lighting right?
fifa_19.jpg

Looks like a massive step up visually. I'm not quite sure what people are expecting from a pre-E3 reveal, at least EA's isn't 70% stock/real life footage like the PES "full reveal" was.

SO...... they say that #EAPlay there will be a stage where fans can play, record and stream gameplay games from tonight ... is it to expect a gameplay video soon?

SO...... they say that #EAPlay there will be a stage where fans can play, record and stream gameplay games from tonight ... is it to expect a gameplay video soon?

Last year it was the same but there was almost no material because of the embargo.

Wowow bright night lights with good color finally.

I hope it stays that way.

Edit: Makes sense that they got bright lights now.

Thier previous UEFA CL games had bright night lights too.

The kits feature CL badges and City uses their cup font, so it seems like they indeed updated the way kits work. Adboards and stadiumboards already use the 2018-2021 branding.

There is no German team in the trailer which is rather strange...

"We're not going to dive into the complexities of the qualifying rounds.
It will be more streamlined in the standalone mode: the group stage through to the final"

So not bothering with implementing qualification rounds for the CL mode is now called streamlining. It was the same in pes though I suppose, but I love the wording. It's just too complex.

Last edited:
Active Touch System

This new system fundamentally changes the way you receive and strike the ball, enabling closer control, improved fluidity in movement, more creativity, and increased player personality when. First touch gets an overhaul with new tools such as the disguised touch, flick-up volleys, or even skill specific animations like the Neymar Trap, so that you can stay one touch ahead of your opponent and create scoring chances.

Dynamic Tactics

The reimagined tactical system gives players the tools to set multiple tactical approaches, deeper pre-match customization, and new options for in-match adjustments. Each tactical approach combines formations, mentalities, and attacking and defensive play styles so that you can easily customize your play in any situation.

50/50 Battles

User reactions and player attributes determine the outcome of loose ball duels across the pitch. Thanks to increased teammate intelligence and spatial awareness, every challenge matters in the fight for possession.

Timed Finishing

Get another level of control over every shot with the Timed Finishing system, which puts users in charge of how accurately they connect with the ball. Trigger a timed finish by double tapping the “shoot” button when attempting a strike. The precision and timing of the second button tap determines the result of the contact; perfectly timed strikes increase a shot’s accuracy and power, while poorly timed contacts make the shot more likely to miss the mark. Whether it’s a hit from outside the box, a precision header, or a deft touch, timed finishing adds a higher layer of control to finishing in FIFA 19.

Real Player Motion Technology

The game-changing animation system, which brought enhanced player personality and movement fidelity to EA SPORTS FIFA, is back with increased coverage of the entire pitch. Enhanced animations for tactical shielding, impact balancing, and physical jostling take realistic player movement, responsiveness, and personality to unbelievable heights.

Active Touch System

This new system fundamentally changes the way you receive and strike the ball, enabling closer control, improved fluidity in movement, more creativity, and increased player personality when. First touch gets an overhaul with new tools such as the disguised touch, flick-up volleys, or even skill specific animations like the Neymar Trap, so that you can stay one touch ahead of your opponent and create scoring chances.

Dynamic Tactics

The reimagined tactical system gives players the tools to set multiple tactical approaches, deeper pre-match customization, and new options for in-match adjustments. Each tactical approach combines formations, mentalities, and attacking and defensive play styles so that you can easily customize your play in any situation.

50/50 Battles

User reactions and player attributes determine the outcome of loose ball duels across the pitch. Thanks to increased teammate intelligence and spatial awareness, every challenge matters in the fight for possession.

Timed Finishing

Get another level of control over every shot with the Timed Finishing system, which puts users in charge of how accurately they connect with the ball. Trigger a timed finish by double tapping the “shoot” button when attempting a strike. The precision and timing of the second button tap determines the result of the contact; perfectly timed strikes increase a shot’s accuracy and power, while poorly timed contacts make the shot more likely to miss the mark. Whether it’s a hit from outside the box, a precision header, or a deft touch, timed finishing adds a higher layer of control to finishing in FIFA 19.

Real Player Motion Technology

The game-changing animation system, which brought enhanced player personality and movement fidelity to EA SPORTS FIFA, is back with increased coverage of the entire pitch. Enhanced animations for tactical shielding, impact balancing, and physical jostling take realistic player movement, responsiveness, and personality to unbelievable heights.
Woah, where did you get this from? (EDIT: On the FIFA 19 website.)

That "timed finishing" feature would be, I think, the first genuine attempt at changing the core controls in a football game since FIFA's separation of pressing and tackling, and the first major shooting change I can think of since PES using pressure-sensitive Dualshock buttons back on the PS2.

Interesting...

50/50 Battles

So that's why my players kept running away from loose balls and clearances or getting stuck in the mud every time a ball is cleared!

Attributes never mattered then?

By 2021 hopefully we'll see a feature called, Defenders actually cover space based on stats

And all these features will be removed by the 2nd patch as usual.

So these features are introduced for the demo and trail version. With the release of FIFA 19, gameplay will default to FUT 2018 crap.

BRAND NEW annonced Features that disappeared after a gameplay patch a month or two after release in the last 3 years:

Physical engine with fouls and players actually targetting each other after bad tackles
Handballs which were switched off then brought back at will
Team individualty which was present after release then all AI teams defaulted to ping pong football
Crossing mechanics which are identical to the last 3 years
Improved defending which is a total hoax,Good luck winning the ball when the script is against you

And so many features, I don’t wanna fill this thread with negativity but it is insulting to me that EA (Konami too) are announcing basic stuff that existed 10 years ago as new features.

Back
Top Bottom