• I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Thanks on the advices guys! :APPLAUD:

Another question: I’m playing full manual. Why the hell sometimes a Milli second button press on cross kicks it miles wide?! And sometimes it’s like real manual. I don’t get it!! Same with the crosses to switch sides. Short button press sometimes deliveres it perfectly to the man on the other side (like it’s automatic). Sometimes it’s manual and i need to press longer.
It’s not the same. What am I doing wrong?!
I (want to) do a lot short mid high crosses with manual. But I can’t feel the basics of manual control. It’s weird to me.

Sounds like a rant but I’m having fun atm. :) and I want to know what is what and what does what!! In detail!! Need to know my tools at hand. :)
I’m currently at half time against Leicester leading with 1. Rondon is massive and a good shield in the pen area. :)

Last edited:
Thanks on the advices guys! :APPLAUD:

Another question: I’m playing full manual. Why the hell sometimes a Milli second button press on cross kicks it miles wide?! And sometimes it’s like real manual. I don’t get it!! Same with the crosses to switch sides. Short button press sometimes deliveres it perfectly to the man on the other side (like it’s automatic). Sometimes it’s manual and i need to press longer.
It’s not the same. What am I doing wrong?!
I (want to) do a lot short mid high crosses with manual. But I can’t feel the basics of manual control. It’s weird to me.

Sounds like a rant but I’m having fun atm. :) and I want to know what is what and what does what!! In detail!! Need to know my tools at hand. :)
I’m currently at half time against Leicester leading with 1. Rondon is massive and a good shield in the pen area. :)
I'm not playing manual in fifa but I do on Pes.
And I can't count the times a through ball from me,in to space for one of my players goes past him like a rocket ,even though my shot/pass meter is 5-10% full.
And 90% if that has happened on profesional difficulty,very rarely on TP/SS.
I'm counting that as cheating/scripting to keep me from scoring/keeping game even.

That's all I can think of when it happens to me in pes,could it be the same here?

I'm not playing manual in fifa but I do on Pes.
And I can't count the times a through ball from me,in to space for one of my players goes past him like a rocket ,even though my shot/pass meter is 5-10% full.
And 90% if that has happened on profesional difficulty,very rarely on TP/SS.
I'm counting that as cheating/scripting to keep me from scoring/keeping game even.

That's all I can think of when it happens to me in pes,could it be the same here?
It doesn’t feel like scripting or cheating. Just the computer deciding the outcome of my inputs. Taking over.
I get it that the shot button clears the ball out of my pen area when I hit it oh so slightly. But when using the cross button, I want it to be manual!! All the time!!

Anyway. Had a blast against Leicester in the league. Won 2:0. Next up was ManUnited. We fought hard and got away with a 0:0 draw at their turf. I take that. :) still on 5 in the table and it’s all pretty close for now. Can’t wait to meet the Wolves and see what’s so special about them this season. :D
9f51278c-d419-4ff8-8mwkx9.jpeg

@PRO_TOO yeah i dont have enough knowledge how FIFA's pass/shooting works.
Could be a lot of reasons,pass speed+ FT error+pass error +power bar,who knows.
Glad you're enjoying it.
I'm up Vs SPAL later on,should be 3points.
Good luck

One of my favourite things about PES is, no matter what PA level you're on, you can always hold down R1 (for me it's R1, don't think it's the default) and hit a FULLY manual pass - always wished you could do this in FIFA.

It's great for when you play on PA1 and want to hit a through-ball into space, rather than to where the AI assumes you want it to go. I use it quite a bit.

Well tonight, I found out that (despite mentioning this before - nobody picked me up on this), YOU *CAN* DO IT IN FIFA NOW.

Check it out, third row from the top...

vz5ciJM.jpg

Makes me wonder what else I'm missing.

EDIT: For those wondering, no, the same combo plus shoot (circle) instead of pass (X) isn't manual shot (which I'd love). It's driven low shot. (Which I didn't know either.)

Last edited:
Well tonight, I found out that (despite mentioning this before - nobody picked me up on this), YOU *CAN* DO IT IN FIFA NOW
Its a bit of a painful combo tho, isnt it?
L1+R1+direction+pass... id break my fingers on it.. i could never dive on Pes coz of that. By the time I "found" those buttons, moment had passed and I was diving with nobody around. :LOL:

If you hold L2 and press Lob pass button (square) you will play a more lofted high pass. Especially useful I've found for those that play on semi or manual passing because lofted through balls (L1+triangle) can be near impossible to get the right lift on. I use the L2+square combo to play chipped thru balls. Note that it still works on assisted, it's basically the same as in PES where you can hold R2+circle to play a lofted lob pass.

Its a bit of a painful combo tho, isnt it?
L1+R1+direction+pass... id break my fingers on it.. i could never dive on Pes coz of that. By the time I "found" those buttons, moment had passed and I was diving with nobody around. :LOL:
It's something 99.9% aren't going to use so I can understand why they have to "bury" it and use simpler combos (e.g. R1 + X) for more common demands. I'm just glad it's there!

I'll remember in-game eventually - maybe in time for FIFA 2020, when it's removed to make way for a "roulette pass" button...

Speaking of not being able to remember...

If you hold L2 and press Lob pass button (square) you will play a more lofted high pass. Especially useful I've found for those that play on semi or manual passing because lofted through balls (L1+triangle) can be near impossible to get the right lift on. I use the L2+square combo to play chipped thru balls. Note that it still works on assisted, it's basically the same as in PES where you can hold R2+circle to play a lofted lob pass.
This is something I KEEP MEANING to try and I just forget. But it seems really useful, thank you for reminding us!

This is something I KEEP MEANING to try and I just forget. But it seems really useful, thank you for reminding us!

Easy to forget these handy little chips and lofted through balls.
I have to give all to the hours spent on PES's training ground and trying to become better at manual passing.

I think that has transferred over to my fifa gaming (manual through balls etc) and my last goal Vs Torino last night was one of those.

Which slider (and what difficulty) do you use for your FIFA 19 ?

Small things that I thought I share here with my fellow PES classsmate, if you care about small cosmetics thing, you probably care about player's call name and not sure if you already know this, but I just realized it yesterday ....

I'm using Olympique Lyon for my Career Mode and I observed that lots of my players didn't get the call out by Martin Tyler and co .. well, some obvious ones do ... the likes of Depay, Moussa Dembele, Fekir, Traore ... but some that don't, if you switch to French commentary, they will get the call name .. not everyone but more, for example Dubois, Kenny Tete, Maxwell Cornet, Pape Diop, Aouar (can't recall), Terrier.

Hope this helps; understood it's a small cosmetic thing that folks may not even care, but i thought i share anyway.

Last edited:
Krebstar's sliders are definitely the best, imho.
The times I enjoyed playing 19 were always using his sliders.
I just lowered shooting error to 60, 69 seemed too much.
Yeah I needed to change the values I did,but his base is very good and they work very well for me.
Think the CPU became too passive on 95/95 first touch
Edit: I have shooting at 65/65 (just saw that.

Thanks!

If we are trialing few sliders, do you know if FIFA19 has slider save setting? It'll be annoying if you like a particular slider set then you are trying other sliders, only to know that the first slider that you tried was actually the best one ... so something like load slider set kinda thing?

I wish, then I wouldn't need my spreadsheet any longer. That's a great feature request for EA!

Haha damn .. 2K sports is still better that way

funny thing is that this feature is present for example in other EA Sports products.
even more!
i love for example NHL 19 where EA let you choose not only to save/load sliders, but also to choose TUNER - which is best thing, cos if you feel that the new setup from new patch doesn't suit your taste, you can always choose other version from the past, before some certain patch/patches.
wish they would implement something like that in FIFA.

funny thing is that this feature is present for example in other EA Sports products.
even more!
i love for example NHL 19 where EA let you choose not only to save/load sliders, but also to choose TUNER - which is best thing, cos if you feel that the new setup from new patch doesn't suit your taste, you can always choose other version from the past, before some certain patch/patches.
wish they would implement something like that in FIFA.
Tuner sets are the best thing ever.
I'm still on 1.02
Wish Pes /fifa would have them

Back
Top Bottom