Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
This game really became a top game when I bumped it up to LEG difficulty.
Haven't played on that difficulty since 16 I think.
Not only does it calm down a frantic short passing CPU (at world class) but more mistakes by the Cpu.
I feel that the Cpu is much more human like than on WC,plus the really good players shines,like the training wheels have come off.
Both for my players,but also for the Cpu.
Fantastic games ATM ,really loving it.

Latest OS sliders,but with 30/15 pass speed,and 53/55 shooting error (shooting is tougher than on WC)
LEG 15 Min Semi pass/shooting default camera

Post patch, the game feels superb. I've been playing PES 2019 for the last 6 weeks pretty much everyday and am thoroughly enjoying it (in the main). Nothing had clicked wirh Fifa until this patch. Passing feels better. AI is much better than PES, particularly the CPU. I'm playing full manual on Ultimate Difficulty so seeing some great play the CPU. Don't feel cheated in the way that I do when I concede on PES (sometimes).

One thing I have to really moan about though is the fact that you cannot roll the ball out with your keeper when playing with manual controls. I can't believe they haven't fixed this yet. It's insane. The keeper will only throw the ball. Even if the receiver is a yard away. Ruins any sort of counter attack and just ruins the flow a little bit. What's the best way of making EA aware of this because I've hardly seen it addressed anywhere. It's quite a ridiculous issue really.

Most people probably will continue to buy the new versions just because they're new and the latest release,even though they might not be very different and evolved.
It's like the same with all these stupid smartphones etc that come out every 3 months and are nearly identical with the previous version but people still go like sheep and buy them just so they can say that they have the latest newest product released.It's more of a psychological thing.
I would have never sold my galaxy note 7 if that chaos didn t happen and for it being taken off the market for good, i had to settle for the s7 edge and then bought the note 8 and i won t be gettinf any other phone after this for years, so u should consider that my note 7 came in late 2016, for me it s been 2 years with the same phone, i had to sell my note 5 only because that stupid decision to make it only with 32 gb mem and no external sd.....

I would have never sold my galaxy note 7 if that chaos didn t happen and for it being taken off the market for good, i had to settle for the s7 edge and then bought the note 8 and i won t be gettinf any other phone after this for years, so u should consider that my note 7 came in late 2016, for me it s been 2 years with the same phone, i had to sell my note 5 only because that stupid decision to make it only with 32 gb mem and no external sd.....

What does any of this have to do with FIFA??

Full stops/periods would help make your tenuous analogy more legible.

This game really became a top game when I bumped it up to LEG difficulty.

I think this is key. In past FIFAs – being more of a PES guy – I got my ass handed to me on Professional while Semi-Professional was too easy. So I never thought I would be able to compete on Legendary, but for some reason this seems to be the most "natural" setting this time, especially when you find a good slider set.

I am also having so much fun with this game atm. The variation of goals is simply staggering. Granted, many of them still have something slightly off about them – the finishing and animation is often too fast and too much power is applied under certain circumstances and the net physics are still not there – but there are so many different situations that it's simply great fun nonetheless.

Off pitch I got three players badly injured (injury frequency and severity on 70). Diamé is out with ACL for 8 months(!), Kenedy for 7 weeks, my RB is out for 4. Adds more depth to the game as you have to deal with these situations. I love it.

I hope EA take this as a fundament for 2020 and just polish things. Ball physics are slightly contained still, penalty shots are still shit, and you hit the post/crossbar way too many times.

I think this is key. In past FIFAs – being more of a PES guy – I got my ass handed to me on Professional while Semi-Professional was too easy. So I never thought I would be able to compete on Legendary, but for some reason this seems to be the most "natural" setting this time, especially when you find a good slider set.

I am also having so much fun with this game atm. The variation of goals is simply staggering. Granted, many of them still have something slightly off about them – the finishing and animation is often too fast and too much power is applied under certain circumstances and the net physics are still not there – but there are so many different situations that it's simply great fun nonetheless.

Off pitch I got three players badly injured (injury frequency and severity on 70). Diamé is out with ACL for 8 months(!), Kenedy for 7 weeks, my RB is out for 4. Adds more depth to the game as you have to deal with these situations. I love it.

I hope EA take this as a fundament for 2020 and just polish things. Ball physics are slightly contained still, penalty shots are still shit, and you hit the post/crossbar way too many times.
Glad you like it mate.
Yeah I did hit the post/crossbar a lot,but since upping shot error to 55 I'm seeing less.
Same here man,I'm foremost a Pes player,even though I've bought and played a lot of FIFA since -14.

I feel/noticed that my Pes 15/16/17/18/19 always plays better on TP or even better on SS, that's why I bumped my FIFA up to LEG,I noticed a big difference in how my good players really can shine,never noticed that on WC,or they were toned down.

One thing needs working on and that's the pace and flow of the game,less frantic is needed.
But it's a damn good game,I really didn't like 18,was ok with 17,and loved 16,but I think this is the best/most fun FIFA I've played in years

Pretty impressed with this patch so far, though it's not all positive.

Biggest change for me is just how much easier it is to defend against the CPU. Some of that is down to the change in ball physics after tackles, but the CPU is also playing differently. In my first game with the patch I experienced a total BS first-touch passing move by the CPU that resulted in a long first time goal that was pretty much impossible to defend, but since that game I haven't seen anything like it again.

In fact, I've now kept at least half a dozen clean sheets against the CPU (again, this is Ultimate difficulty, all at default) whereas I think I'd kept only 3-4 prior to the patch in my current CM season as Southampton. I've been pretty impressed with how so much of the BS has been removed from the CPU's attacking play.

The flip side of this though is that it's now even easier than before to get results against the CPU. I've always been afraid that the CPU needs to cheat a little bit to be lethal in attack, because it's just not advanced enough to create chances otherwise, and I think I'm seeing that born out now as it's a bit too easy to keep clean sheets.

I'm not as terribly bothered by that as I am that attacking play is even easier now. Attacking the CPU feels like a hot knife slicing through butter - too often there's little opposition. We're given too much space and the CPU isn't nearly aggressive enough. And it's too easy to exploit wing play and create dangerous chances by manipulating the CPU's fullbacks.

Perfect example below. That's me against Liverpool, again on Ultimate difficulty. Watch how much space Liverpool affords me in the middle. On the highest difficulty against one of the most aggressive and solid defenses in the world, and they don't even attempt a single tackle. Unfortunately I'm seeing this too often.

The result is that most matches result in like the one below. A nice variety of goals, but it's all just too easy. I'm keeping clean sheets, which I like compared to pre-patch, but the CPU defending is so open that I rarely score fewer than four goals in a game.

IMO the patch actually improved the game quite a bit, and it looks like the online FUT crowd is pretty happy (with the patch at least). For me the biggest negative is just that they've made playing against the CPU in Career Mode even easier than it already was. Part of that is a good thing, because pre-patch the CPU was scoring at least once a game from pure BS that I couldn't defend against, but the CPU's defense - again, on the highest difficulty in the game - offers very little challenge in creating chances. I haven't played FUT Squad Battles since the patch, but maybe that's where I should be playing for a challenge.

Agree with you. The CPU needs to close down the passing lanes as well as pressure the player on the defensive third a lot more and the DM needs to track back more and foul the player if they are getting through. The FB always needs to be more active defensively and close the passes on the wings.

Attacking wise, the CPU needs more variety. Players that have high dribbling stat should dribble around and player with high pace should try to bomb the ball forward and run past my slow player. They also need to alternate between through pass, high crosses, low crosses, long shots, lobbed through pass, etc and not just depend solely on one touch passing around my box.

Agree with you. The CPU needs to close down the passing lanes as well as pressure the player on the defensive third a lot more and the DM needs to track back more and foul the player if they are getting through. The FB always needs to be more active defensively and close the passes on the wings.

Attacking wise, the CPU needs more variety. Players that have high dribbling stat should dribble around and player with high pace should try to bomb the ball forward and run past my slow player. They also need to alternate between through pass, high crosses, low crosses, long shots, lobbed through pass, etc and not just depend solely on one touch passing around my box.

Fully agree. I think my biggest criticism of CPU attacking play - aside from just a general lack of guile and intelligence - is that they don't dribble enough with aggression. They don't take you on enough, especially on the wings, and they're way too easy to catch from behind. I do feel like I'm seeing a little more variety from the CPU since the patch though.

So im reading all your impressions and its slowly painting a lovely picture in my head.
EA guys said before that they were looking into physicallity and AI aggression (lack of it) in order to increase fouls and battles on the pitch.
What you guys said in the last few posts, it looks like they built solid fundaments for it with the last patch. Defending is nerfed and less perfect and general flow of the game is great, apart of the fact that AI is giving too much space and its not aggressive enough.
So next step should be putting aggression up, which together with nerfed, imperfect defending should lead to desperate tackles and a nice variety of fouls.
Its all in my head for the moment but it makes sense..
..and its nice to dream sometimes! :LOL:

The game has been tightened up and improved with the last patch. The animations are better, not as spastic as they were, and passing been improved too. Seems like headers in the middle of the park are better too. Not as overpowered, maybe. Still rotten in the box though. Also, Keeper still doesn't roll the ball out underhanded on FUMA, FFS, and fouls are pretty much non existent, which is weird. Game is great on FUMA though with sliders and user passing set to about 60. Arguably the best football game since PES6, though.

Last edited:
Not feeling this at all. It’s even easier than before on Ultimate. Gameplay is ok, not bad but nothing special. Players still feel like boats sliding around on ice.

Glad I tried it because it’s reminded me that football gaming in 2018 is pretty bland.

Not feeling this at all. It’s even easier than before on Ultimate. Gameplay is ok, not bad but nothing special. Players still feel like boats sliding around on ice.

Glad I tried it because it’s reminded me that football gaming in 2018 is pretty bland.

Fully agree that Ultimate is feeling even easier than before, but I don't really get the sliding criticism. I mean, sure, there's tons of foot sliding going on when you watch the animations closely, but I feel like FIFA now has a fairly decent feeling of being grounded and momentum matters. I remember years ago this was by far pretty much all of ours' biggest criticism but generally I'm pretty happy with how players feel in movement.

Have to say though, that while yeah I too am frustrated with the lack of challenge, I have been having real fun with this since the patch.

Fully agree that Ultimate is feeling even easier than before, but I don't really get the sliding criticism. I mean, sure, there's tons of foot sliding going on when you watch the animations closely, but I feel like FIFA now has a fairly decent feeling of being grounded and momentum matters. I remember years ago this was by far pretty much all of ours' biggest criticism but generally I'm pretty happy with how players feel in movement.

Have to say though, that while yeah I too am frustrated with the lack of challenge, I have been having real fun with this since the patch.
I’m glad you’re having fun :)

It’s not a bad game, I’m just not feeling it right now.

I can’t have fun if I’m winning every game without having to try.

you're still on assisted controls ? try semi passing and semi shooting . I can play fifa when i am drunk if there is assist for shoots and passes . When it comes to semi ,it's not possible coz you have to bo focused all the time.

No offence but if you really are still using fully assisted controls, then the BIB is a worthless nonsense statement. That would be like complaining that Call of Duty was too easy because it aims for you.

Jeezus people, get off the high horse of semi/manual controls. Assistance settings are NOT the problem. They have no influence on the CPU defense being so open and passive. THAT's the problem.

The issue isn't target acquisition, which is all we're talking about with assistance settings. The issue is that in Career Mode the challenge level can vary wildly because non elite teams especially are so open. I'll play against a top six team in the EPL and have a good challenge (though not always), but pretty much everyone outside of that is a breeze to slice open. Meanwhile playing Legendary in FUT Squad Battles IS a good challenge (just on Legendary). Playing multiplayer against a good defender can also be a challenge to break down.

I can't believe this still is being debated. Semi/Manual make the game harder, but they don't fix the CPU defensive AI, and THAT's the issue.

Id also like to add my two cents here regarding manual controls.
When you switch to manual on the other game, it feels natural. Its harder, but its fun and you feel that your players respond to your input, whether its on target or off target.

I remember people saying that RdR2 aiming and gun play is no challenge and no fun, unless its a free aim. But Rockstar game is not built properly for this.
Well, I have exactly the same feeling in Fifa. I dont think FIFA is built for good, natural and rewarding manual play. When I switch to manual on FIFA, it doesnt become more challenging. It becomes frustrating.

Well, I have exactly the same feeling in Fifa. I dont think FIFA is built for good, natural and rewarding manual play. When I switch to manual on FIFA, it doesnt become more challenging. It becomes frustrating.

When I achieve a good passing move/goal on all manual controls I feel a million times more rewarded than if I was on assisted controls, I used to play semi/auto like everyone else but for the last few years all manual and I'd rather give up football games than have to go back to assisted controls.

Completely agree with the manual players. It is so much more rewarding scoring on full manual and also so much more of a challenge. Full assisted and semi assisted will obviously assist you when playing so the game will be easier.

When I achieve a good passing move/goal on all manual controls I feel a million times more rewarded than if I was on assisted controls, I used to play semi/auto like everyone else but for the last few years all manual and I'd rather give up football games than have to go back to assisted controls.

I don't think anyone would disagree that manual can be more rewarding. But let me ask you this, do you play manual at default or with heavy slider adjustments? Because in my experience manual doesn't play well at default, and certainly isn't a viable option in multiplayer against someone playing assisted.

And I'm the opposite of you: I used to be FUMA but couldn't imagine going back with how much more complex gameplay is now than it once was. Not at default gameplay.

But again, if assisted controls were OP in all of FIFA, that'd be one thing. But they aren't. Play FUT Squad Battles on just Legendary, and it can be tough to break down defenses. Play multiplayer against competent defenders, and it can be a struggle. It's a sad day when FUT has more competent and solid defending than Career Mode, but that's where we're at.

This is an issue specific to CM and that's the complaint.

I use semi+semi and I've tried all manual for FIFA ,but I can't get the natural flow with.
I can with Pes,been playing manual since PES 13 and it has really nailed manual passing ever since.
Not a Vs thread I know.

To me I'm happy playing semi passing and shooting,and adding manual through ball/lobbed pass this game feels close to a manual game.
Good enough for me,and I think all manual would be great if they just toned down the pace and fast decisions from the cpu,probably why I can't play manual over professional difficulty

Had some brilliant games tonight, enjoyed it more than ever I think. On World Class, with semi controls (tried this morning on Legendary and Ultimate, and the AI achieved 93% and 97% pass accuracy respectively, with a League Two team, so it's a no from me).

Had to REALLY fight to draw a few games, and was expecting to draw this one, as Tranmere against one of the league's best teams, Exeter.

A) Love the variety in the shots. The AI's goal (the cutback), then the low drive towards goal - but late on they hit a total miskick when they need a goal, and then smash the ball over the bar. Just love to see the AI making human mistakes.

B) The dribbling can be just lovely, with the right player. When I combine some dribbling with a smash in the face, I had to laugh out loud - but then I also loved when I wriggle the ball off to the side to give the player enough room to shoot.

C) The equaliser I scored is a lot of what I love - the manual through ball (even though I had to WRESTLE control of the striker so that he'd run towards the pass), the way he's off-balance when he strikes it, and the way it just hits the corner. It looks spot on, IMO.

Sliders I used for the above video:

WORLD CLASS - SLOW
Sprint Speed: 42/42
Acceleration: 49/49
Shot Error: 50/50
Pass Error: 53/53
Shot Speed: 48/48
Pass Speed: 44/43
Injury Freq: 70/70
Injury Sev: 55/55
GK Ability: 52/52
Marking: 50/50
Run Freq: 5/5
Line Height: 49/49
Line Length: 50/50
Line Width: 49/49
FB Position: 10/10
FT Error: 64/64

Last edited:
Out of the box manual settings are a bit iffy. However, coupled with finely adjusted slider settings (to taste) results in a sim that feels pretty close to real football, in my opinion. The key though is to stick to them and never go back. It's the only way I can play the game.

Last edited:
you're still on assisted controls ? try semi passing and semi shooting . I can play fifa when i am drunk if there is assist for shoots and passes . When it comes to semi ,it's not possible coz you have to bo focused all the time.
And there it is. "Git gud!" type reply that I always see on Reddit whenever someone says the game is too easy.

How about EA, with their huge resources and millions in the bank, try and make a game that is difficult out of the box? I don't want to turn the game into Zombie Football - because that's what FUMA and sliders do, it turns the game into a slow, sludgy turd for me.

I don't play football games exclusively. I jump in and out of Career Mode like I have for nearly 20 years now. I don't have the time to sit there and learn how to pass a football in a video game 4 yards. I want a football game that challenges me. The AI in FIFA is still pretty lame considering how long they've had to work with the Frostbite Engine now.

Switching the game to semi/FUMA just makes it more difficult to pass, it doesn't do ANYTHING with the AI. So it's a lame excuse people still use to defend their favourite football game.

If the other game was too easy every single year and on top of that, only 1 or 2 fouls pers match, they'd be absolute uproar on here.

FIFA in single player yet again isn't good enough, it's a million miles away from where it should be.

And there it is. "Git gud!" type reply that I always see on Reddit whenever someone says the game is too easy.

How about EA, with their huge resources and millions in the bank, try and make a game that is difficult out of the box? I don't want to turn the game into Zombie Football - because that's what FUMA and sliders do, it turns the game into a slow, sludgy turd for me.

I don't play football games exclusively. I jump in and out of Career Mode like I have for nearly 20 years now. I don't have the time to sit there and learn how to pass a football in a video game 4 yards. I want a football game that challenges me. The AI in FIFA is still pretty lame considering how long they've had to work with the Frostbite Engine now.

Switching the game to semi/FUMA just makes it more difficult to pass, it doesn't do ANYTHING with the AI. So it's a lame excuse people still use to defend their favourite football game.

If the other game was too easy every single year and on top of that, only 1 or 2 fouls pers match, they'd be absolute uproar on here.

FIFA in single player yet again isn't good enough, it's a million miles away from where it should be.

I agree though I wouldn't say it's a million miles away. I actually think gameplay is very good this year, it's just a lack of aggression - in both attack and defense - by the CPU that lets it down at the higher difficulties.

I played a bunch of FUT rivals yesterday (a surprisingly good experience) and it's quite clear that that's the big difference between multiplayer and single player - humans play with far more aggressiveness. In about a dozen FUT matches yesterday, I scored more than 2 goals I think only once in all my games. In CM, I score 2 in the first half usually, and it's all because you have so much more time on the ball. Meanwhile humans understand the exploits (like fullbacks and wing play AI) so we can somewhat compensate. But mostly it's the aggression and directness.

I'd love to see the game have more error on first time passing/shooting and long passing, plus improved defensive AI (again, especially along the wings and with fullbacks) but if they'd just increase the aggression level of the CPU, I'd be pretty content.

Back
Top Bottom