Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Just scored a beauty, Ederson with a sweeper keeper failure and me with a 50 yard chip!

Excellent goal Placebo, I loved the way he set his sights and took the shot.

Hey @geeeeee, thanks a lot for the heads up on 70 power bar! Makes a world of difference for manual passing. Ace! :)

That’s ok Daisuk hope you get to enjoy the game more :)

I have found my nemesis is this game...John Marquis of Doncaster Rovers. Played them twice now and he has put 4 past me. Lost both times. 1-3 in the league and 0-3 in the Checkatrade trophy.

I also played my Spurs CL match against PSV and Kane is up to his tricks again.

There are 4 things that are a little annoying. In no order of annoyance.

1. Player switching seems to have gotten worse in the last couple of days.
2. When there is a scramble in the penalty area I frantically press buttons. If my GK catches it my last button press registers for his next movement. This has always been a problem in FIFA for me.
3. I am a little concerned with the amount of goals scored (or lack of) by the CPU teams in the league. Sunderland are top having scored 21 goals in 17 games.
4. A few more fouls called.

Only a little annoying but still really enjoy the attention to detail.

@Chris Davies you mentioned about Placebo’s goal and the GK. But please admire not only the goal but also the fact that the GK came right out (from what I could see). In my match earlier Spurs v PSV, Erikson put a high cross in for Son on the other side of the penalty box. Son was waiting for the ball to drop for a volley but the keeper came out just in time and finger tipped it out for a throw in before the ball dropped. It’s things like that that keep me coming back for more. :)

The player switching is really annoying me at the moment. So many times a ball goes loose and my nearest player wanders away from it and I can't switch to him. I literally missed a brilliant goal scoring opportunity last night because of this and switched off in disgust.

So far I haven't had a player switching issue at a crucial time like when in on goal but I agree its a problem that seems to be since the latest patch and was not there at release.

Reminds me of PES 2018 early on and that scripted "you will win or lose" feeling.

Hopefully it gets sorted.

9 games into career mode with Leicester and finally enjoying this with Matts new sliders and broadcast camera.
Brought in Sanch, Pulisic, Foden, Upamecano and Sturridge - got rid of a lot of old players. Bar Sturridge Im going down the youth route.
Some odd things Ive noticed - Liverpool - played them twice (one in league cup) and Alisson and VVD havent played one game all season despite being fit.
Potential jobs - Liverpool, Man U, City, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal all have openings after 7 games and the first 4 in that list are in the top 4.
Fouls - had 2 penalties so far but other than that most games end with zero fouls. That needs sorting.

Im about 5th after 9 games and have dropped some silly points. Bournemouth away - lost to a last minute counter attack. West Ham at home - drew 1-1 after dominating. Lost to LFC at home but did get a point at Old Trafford in a 0-0 draw.
Best game was away to Newcastle where I went 3 up after 60, they got 2 back and I was hanging on in the end.

Last edited:
Lee Dixon - Ive always said if you win your home games and dont lose your away games...
Says that at the start of every CL game. Annoying.

Last night I had the actual commentary line "That's gone off that player there" as the ball went out for a throw - why even bother recording that line??
I agree that the commentary has gotten much better over the years, but some of the lines are just awful.

9 games into career mode with Leicester and finally enjoying this with Matts new sliders and broadcast camera.
Brought in Sanch, Pulisic, Foden, Upmancado and Sturridge - got rid of a lot of old players. Bar Sturridge Im going down the youth route.
Some odd things Ive noticed - Liverpool - played them twice (one in league cup) and Alisson and VVD havent played one game all season despite being fit.
Potential jobs - Liverpool, Man U, City, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal all have openings after 7 games and the first 4 in that list are in the top 4.
Fouls - had 2 penalties so far but other than that most games end with zero fouls. That needs sorting.

Im about 5th after 9 games and have dropped some silly points. Bournemouth away - lost to a last minute counter attack. West Ham at home - drew 1-1 after dominating. Lost to LFC at home but did get a point at Old Trafford in a 0-0 draw.
Best game was away to Newcastle where I went 3 up after 60, they got 2 back and I was hanging on in the end.
Nice that you went for Upamecano - he's the rock in my defence in my first PL season after promotion.
I like to buy more youthful players too, they're obviously a bit cheaper - sometimes a lot cheaper - and even if you do end up selling them they should at least go for a profit.

Nice that you went for Upamecano - he's the rock in my defence in my first PL season after promotion.
I like to buy more youthful players too, they're obviously a bit cheaper - sometimes a lot cheaper - and even if you do end up selling them they should at least go for a profit.

He isnt the quickest but he is a lump that every one bounces off.
Hes like a young Koulibaly who I couldnt afford at £60m.

I also bought a financial take over as I want to buy more young players but it hasnt worked? Will happen in Jan when window is open?

I also bought a financial take over as I want to buy more young players but it hasnt worked? Will happen in Jan when window is open?

I'm not sure as I bought one too and I'm sure it appeared in my finances immediately. There was no email or announcement or anything though so I almost missed it.
The only thing that I am not 100% sure about is whether I bought it when the window was open or not so it may be that it only gets added during an open window? Sorry, that's not much of an answer really is it...

My main concern for me at the moment is the Goals For in my Career.

EPL after 13 games (the figure is GF not PTS)

1. Man City 34
2. Liverpool 27
3. Man United 21
4. Everton 20
5. Spurs 20
6. Burnley 19
7. Chelsea 16

EFL League 1 after 18 games

1. Sunderland 24
2. Burton 27
3. Oxford 23
4. Bristol R 21
5. Barnsley 20
6. Fleetwood 24
7. Doncaster 25

Most games finish 1-1 or 1-0 or 2-0 yet in the CL i am playing CPU teams have won 4-0 and it looks more realistic.

The tables look ok though.

For me personally fixing the CPU v CPU scores is more important than fouls. Its does take away the realism to see Chelsea scoring 16 goals in 13 games. :(

My main concern for me at the moment is the Goals For in my Career.

EPL after 13 games (the figure is GF not PTS)

1. Man City 34
2. Liverpool 27
3. Man United 21
4. Everton 20
5. Spurs 20
6. Burnley 19
7. Chelsea 16

EFL League 1 after 18 games

1. Sunderland 24
2. Burton 27
3. Oxford 23
4. Bristol R 21
5. Barnsley 20
6. Fleetwood 24
7. Doncaster 25

Most games finish 1-1 or 1-0 or 2-0 yet in the CL i am playing CPU teams have won 4-0 and it looks more realistic.

The tables look ok though.

For me personally fixing the CPU v CPU scores is more important than fouls. Its does take away the realism to see Chelsea scoring 16 goals in 13 games. :(

Yeah, it was like this last year as well. You always see the scores at halftime, always 1-, or 0-0. It's an odd one. Should be one of the easiest things to implement. Even I, with my very basic understanding of programming, would be able to implement a more realistic system for simulating results.

Yeah, it was like this last year as well. You always see the scores at halftime, always 1-, or 0-0. It's an odd one. Should be one of the easiest things to implement. Even I, with my very basic understanding of programming, would be able to implement a more realistic system for simulating results.

I guess they won’t change it with a patch if it was like it last year too. :(

It’s no where near game breaking but i am a bit of a stats man and normally like to look at the table and see goals for and against etc...

Then in my imagination i am thinking ‘oh that team are struggling up front i have a chance here’ but i could say the same about every team in the league.

Hope they fix it.

It’s no where near game breaking but i am a bit of a stats man and normally like to look at the table and see goals for and against etc...
The problem with stats in matches is that you simply can't have a realistic defence, pass accuracy, shot count and/or scoreline all at the same time. In any match with 7-15 minute halves, you're going to have to sacrifice some element of realism. You literally have to. Otherwise every game is going to be incredibly low-scoring.

But of course, that doesn't apply to the overall league table and the simulated scorelines, which could be a lot better.

Always interesting to learn about other perspectives/priorities. I've never paid much attention to those CPU stats to be honest. But after reading @geeeeee post I can understand why it could be important for someone else narrative to have it more plausible.

I have played around 8 matches on Broadcast camera and it has clicked - I don’t think I could go back to any other camera angle now, it looks incredible on the Xbox One X as well in this view!

Enjoying Career Mode with Aston Villa. It’s tough, not finding it easy at all.

The problem with stats in matches is that you simply can't have a realistic defence, pass accuracy, shot count and/or scoreline all at the same time. In any match with 7-15 minute halves, you're going to have to sacrifice some element of realism. You literally have to. Otherwise every game is going to be incredibly low-scoring.

But of course, that doesn't apply to the overall league table and the simulated scorelines, which could be a lot better.

I find the match stats are fine. On 10 min halves i have games where shots are around 10 each and I have some where I have had over 15. My last game was 5 and none in the first half. Which to me it is fine. It’s the CPU v CPU stats that are unrealistic causing unrealistic stats in the league table. Well only really GF and GA. The standings are cool in my career.

After finding pro level too easy i went to world class.
Had some good matches, but for the most part it's just too damn hectic and sometimes tiki taka.

So, decided to go the the EFL two league and try out Tranmere which i never had heard of until I saw it in Chris' signature.

Went back to pro and what a joy it is to play in this league. So many errors, so much fighting. It's hard battles and difficult to get anything done simply because the players have bad stats (no offense Chris :P)

My new best friend : Ollie Banks. He has scored both goals in the two matches i have played so far.
If only we could have more of this when playing with / against bigger teams without everything going into overdrive.

All I got to say is holy holy crap.

I was having an excellent 90mins where I was dominating the game and then AI decides to go and score at 92min.

:)

No better than PES in terms of frustration. F**k both games.

Had enough of getting FUT in the ass.

I will move to trying career mode with sliders now. Spurs looks too demanding. Any suggestions for a team to control in either EPL or D1 Eng league?

Last edited:
All I got to say is holy holy crap.

I was having an excellent 90mins where I was dominating the game and then AI decides to go and score at 92min.

:)

No better than PES in terms of frustration. F**k both games.

Had enough of getting FUT in the ass.

I will move to trying career mode with sliders now. Spurs looks too demanding. Any suggestions for a team to control in either EPL or D1 Eng league?
Aston Villa, Leeds and Swansea are all fun to use in the Sky Bet. Villa and Swansea have their official stadiums too :)

Anyone know how you can get manual controls in the training exercises? No point with assisted training scenarios if you want to practise scoring manual shooting.

+ west bromwich , Hull City , Middlesbrough fc have official stadiums. There is also Sunderland but i think it's League One ;)

+ west bromwich , Hull City , Middlesbrough fc have official stadiums. There is also Sunderland but i think it's League One ;)
Yes :)

QPR (Sky Bet) and Portsmouth (League 1/2?) also have their official stadiums.

Leeds (Eastpoint Arena) also looks exactly like Elland Road. In fact, I really like the fake stadiums in FIFA they look decent.

It’s fun playing with them, and in that league.

There’s a Davies on goal, i know it’s you!
Then there’s a McNulty, which constantly reminds me of HBO’s the Wire.

Back
Top Bottom