FIFA 19 Discussion (PC Version)

Matt's stream looks fairly encouraging, finally a proper sized ball. :WOOT: Unless Konami has something in the works the choice for offline players this year is fairly clear. And for all Dutch Destroyer's screeching about FUT at least EA have produced a semi-competent CPU to play against.
If I could sort out the PC performance, I'd have more streams!

Overall, gut reaction, impressed. Ball physics are a surprise. There are times when I'm like "Oh, this is like 18 again," then all of a sudden, a pass goes astray, or a ball bounces completely different than 18. It's a new game, so everything is a breath of fresh air, but from the get go - it's positive in terms of gameplay.

yeah this is a killer right now in terms of performance. man! I've been trying to fix it for the last hour.

I don't know if it's the same with AMD cards, but with Nvidia I'm using no fps lock in the game settings, and I'm enabling Vsync and Triple buffering in the Nvidia settings, and I'm having 60 fps cut scenes.

I don't know if it's the same with AMD cards, but with Nvidia I'm using no fps lock in the game settings, and I'm enabling Vsync and Triple buffering in the Nvidia settings, and I'm having 60 fps cut scenes.

Sorry to go off topic but I really admire those of you that put up with pissing about setting up PCs. I couldn't do it .PS4 Pro all the way for me .

After a few games, the amount of bugs being discovered is quite embarrassing, one I can't believe is in the full version.
You change your team and formation to whatever you want, but when each half starts it resorts to the default.
The players you changed stay in the side, but the formation resorts to default - Incredibly annoying.

Exeter v Tranmere - Slow Gameplay - Legendary Skill Level
Everything on Semi

League 2 and lower leagues are so much better on FIFA 19, there really is a gulf in class and quality between the players.

But most importantly the AI makes massive mistakes at that level.

one I can't believe is in the full version. You change your team and formation to whatever you want, but when each half starts it resorts to the default.
The players you changed stay in the side, but the formation resorts to default - Incredibly annoying.

Ahh yes I had that in kick off, I thought I'd done something to mess it up.

After a few games, the amount of bugs being discovered is quite embarrassing, one I can't believe is in the full version.
You change your team and formation to whatever you want, but when each half starts it resorts to the default.
The players you changed stay in the side, but the formation resorts to default - Incredibly annoying.[
What the hell...

Please report this on Twitter, that's a huge, obvious bug.

Really?
Damn...
Guess Origin Access Premier won't be such a good idea for me then :(

Please let us know if they fix it. Won't buy it until then.

Yes, looks like it was.

False alarm. I had some updates to run on my capturing software, even when it wasn't active, it was taking up 60% CPU for some reason. Restarted, now we're good.

For the PC, I like 30 FPS, really smooth. Less herky jerky movement to be seen of the 60 FPS.

The motion blur is a nice touch.

Gameplay

CPU shoots!

Ball physics are nice. A blend of 16 and 18 I'd say, but without 16's dipping shots. The rising shot shows up a lot though.

CPU does shoot, and sometimes too quickly. Had a forward 1v1 with keeper, but decided to take the shot from well outside the box.

Will stream, hopefully CPU doesn't act up!

https://www.twitch.tv/matt10l

Motion blur? Really? I didn't see that in the demo.

BTW I did have some dipping shots in 19 demo! I swear!

I'm loving the Champions League night lightning but I hate the normal night lightning. There must be a way to activate the CL lightning for every game but at the moment I don't know how.

I'm loving the Champions League night lightning but I hate the normal night lightning. There must be a way to activate the CL lightning for every game but at the moment I don't know how.

There is
FORCE_ALL_REGIONALIZATION_PROPS=0
FORCE_REGIONALIZATION_COLOR=0

Add that line in cl.ini and locale.ini

There is
FORCE_ALL_REGIONALIZATION_PROPS=0
FORCE_REGIONALIZATION_COLOR=0

Add that line in cl.ini and locale.ini

Are you sure about that? Maybe I've done something wrong but I can't see any difference. I created the cl.ini file in the FIFA 19 main folder and added these two lines and also I inserted them into the locale.ini file in the data folder.

Are you sure about that? Maybe I've done something wrong but I can't see any difference. I created the cl.ini file in the FIFA 19 main folder and added these two lines and also I inserted them into the locale.ini file in the data folder.

Then try different numbers. I don't know which one corresponds to CL lighting.
Also, place that file inside the data folder as well. I can't quite remember if it was supposed to be in one or the other, so place it in both just to make sure and also make sure to modify the same lines in locale.ini

When I comes to home i will try too. If you find the value post it pls!

So I think the lines must be inserted in the locale.ini file because with the values = 1 I'm having sepia colors (like already in FIFA 18) but at the moment I can't find the values for the CL. I'll try it again tomorrow night but maybe someone else will find it earlier.

Really?
Damn...
Guess Origin Access Premier won't be such a good idea for me then :(

Please let us know if they fix it. Won't buy it until then.

It won't be fixed till release day.

I would be very surprised if the pre-release is patched before hand, most of the major bugs will be fixed on a Day One patch so the normal person won't notice they existed.

Main other things I have noticed is wrong names being read in commentary and teams being announced in wrong order, so they will say talk about Bale and what a great addition he is for Liverpool.
Just lots of weird little things, that is just extremely lazy programming but can be fixed easy.

It won't be fixed till release day.

I would be very surprised if the pre-release is patched before hand, most of the major bugs will be fixed on a Day One patch so the normal person won't notice they existed.

Main other things I have noticed is wrong names being read in commentary and teams being announced in wrong order,
so they will say talk about Bale and what a great addition he is for Liverpool.
Just lots of weird little things, that is just extremely lazy programming but can be fixed easy.

Game Developer Companies are getting worse every day, man.
Seems as they're reducing the budget on the testing areas.

Does a cat have climbing gear?

Of course :) - although been playing at default with multiple teams to see how it plays. Getting PC issues sorted first.

definitely think the lines need to be tightened up between defence and attack (watching modern football its only 30-40 metres from front to back) will also add more fouls as a result as the players be closer together

definitely think the lines need to be tightened up between defence and attack (watching modern football its only 30-40 metres from front to back) will also add more fouls as a result as the players be closer together

Agreed. It's a bit spacious lengthwise, and can become repetitive.

In PC world, oddly enough, I received a notification from Origin that FIFA 19 is now available to play...even though I've had it for about 6 hours now. The performance issues from before are sorted as well. Maybe the game wasn't fully ready...who knows. Hopefully...streaming soon.

Had a few games before bed on the full version (thanks for your help @Placebo :D)...

I'd say it's slower with poorer teams, although the slow setting does help. With demo teams, I'm not so sure.

Worst of all, playing against the AI on Legendary (a League Two team), I saw at least one silly tiki-taka moment each match.

That being said, on slow, there's a lot to love. Just a shame about the silly bugs @bsmaff had pointed out. A day one patch may fix them - and it may increase the speed too..

Back
Top Bottom