FIFA 19 Discussion (PC Version)

As much as I love PES, I do like FIFA as well (always have done, they both bring different things to the table), and I do particularly like the Career Mode, can't wait to do a CM on this year's game, who are you guys choosing as your club for CM? I'll be looking at either Rayo Majadahonda or Extremadura for CM this year. Both are at the highest level in the Spanish pyramid in their histories so far, so would be a good choice to try and get to the highest level of all, in my opinion! :)

What about you guys?

I always go with a League 2 side at the start. I love the climb. That, and 3. Liga!

It's time, boyos.

EDIT:

I knew I got my hopes up...

https://www.moddingway.com/news/6957.html

Last edited:
Playing it right now on PC.

Much slower paced than the videos showed, including the demo.

Animations are with momentum. The ball doesn't just stop on a dime like the demo or videos.

World Class seems to reduce the CPU ping-ponging, haven't tried Legendary yet.

Animations are with momentum. The ball doesn't just stop on a dime like the demo or videos.

Are you playing with the same teams as the demo? How many games have you played?

I'm only asking because I was watching videos of "EA Gamechangers" playing the full game on Twitch yesterday and the speed was absolutely no different. I'm wondering what's going on here - maybe you'll get to 5-6 games in and suddenly the pace will double, as I'm certain I experienced in FIFA 18 a few times!

Hello and thank you for these good informations. Can you please confirm if the ball size is bigger than in the demo ? I hope it is bigger, otherwise shame on you EA.

Are you playing with the same teams as the demo? How many games have you played?

I'm only asking because I was watching videos of "EA Gamechangers" playing the full game on Twitch yesterday and the speed was absolutely no different. I'm wondering what's going on here - maybe you'll get to 5-6 games in and suddenly the pace will double, as I'm certain I experienced in FIFA 18 a few times!
Testing that now, Chris. SO far, I'm seeing the same issue about sped up. However, I'm testing in CM, then going to test in Kickoff. Streaming right now, and it feels sped up. Go figure. Will continue to test.

Testing that now, Chris. SO far, I'm seeing the same issue about sped up. However, I'm testing in CM, then going to test in Kickoff. Streaming right now, and it feels sped up. Go figure. Will continue to test.
Did you see that EA acknowledged there was a bug that would speed up the training mini-games, that they claim absolutely 100% will not affect match gameplay (even though it is the exact same issue you and I see regularly with 18), and that they're looking into fixing it in the next patch?

Did you see that EA acknowledged there was a bug that would speed up the training mini-games, that they claim absolutely 100% will not affect match gameplay (even though it is the exact same issue you and I see regularly with 18), and that they're looking into fixing it in the next patch?

Yeah I saw inception's post and yours, then Gazo's response to yours.

The issue is...I prefer the sluggish feel because to those FUT gamers, they think momentum in movement means sluggish, it's not. It just means the acceleration value is lessened. The problem further though is that the game tries to speed up and you get these herky/jerky movements.

Bout to try to stream again, but PC is acting up, not to mention I'm sick as hell today. I'll let you guys know when I'm up again.

Yeah I saw inception's post and yours, then Gazo's response to yours.

The issue is...I prefer the sluggish feel because to those FUT gamers, they think momentum in movement means sluggish, it's not. It just means the acceleration value is lessened. The problem further though is that the game tries to speed up and you get these herky/jerky movements.

Bout to try to stream again, but PC is acting up, not to mention I'm sick as hell today. I'll let you guys know when I'm up again.

Sorry to quote myself, but this 100% the case.

Go into the first kick off match, play the skill game (i just kept shooting) until time is up or chances are taken. The first skill game is perfect feel, perfect movement, everything. After your time is up, or chances taken, the Retry Drill option, now it's back to instant response, but in hyperspeed. This translates into the game. Instantly, the camera can't even keep up, it's stuttering, and the animations double up in speed. It's very fast. This is on slow!

Tempted to run this on the PC at 30 FPS, and see what happens. What a shame already. Will have to mess with sliders to get this under control. Will keep testing of course.

Not demo impression..

But the full game is much slower, and much better than the demo.

Played 1 game, but the game speed is slower and most things seem much more refined.

Damn you for getting my hopes up.

I know you're busy playing the game (and sick, yikes) but if you have time, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to hear your thoughts on some of the issues we've been worried about in here since the demo.

Those include the ball size and physics, player movement (and physics), the hyper responsiveness of players, overall pace of play, etc. I know you hinted at some of these being better but we'd love to hear more. Especially now that you've gotten hopes up :)

Damn you for getting my hopes up.

I know you're busy playing the game (and sick, yikes) but if you have time, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to hear your thoughts on some of the issues we've been worried about in here since the demo.

Those include the ball size and physics, player movement (and physics), the hyper responsiveness of players, overall pace of play, etc. I know you hinted at some of these being better but we'd love to hear more. Especially now that you've gotten hopes up :)

Ha, I know, I'm sorry. Hoping it's either a Kick off mode thing, but experienced the same in CM, but need to try more things.

Ball size - perfect, it's like FIFA 16 again
Player movement - the "sluggish" was glorious. Inertia, momentum, taking time with the ball, CPU not speeding up, the works.
Responsiveness - yes, it's like players have acceleration set to 55. Going to try a couple things.

Streaming again shortly, sorry about before - technical problems, go figure.

Not demo impression..

But the full game is much slower, and much better than the demo.

Played 1 game, but the game speed is slower and most things seem much more refined.

Let us know more when you can. Early impressions I've seen indicate the full release is a bit more like the beta rather than the demo, and that's encouraging to me. I enjoyed the beta but less so the demo.

Look forward to hearing more when you've got more games under your belt.

Ha, I know, I'm sorry. Hoping it's either a Kick off mode thing, but experienced the same in CM, but need to try more things.

Player movement - the "sluggish" was glorious. Inertia, momentum, taking time with the ball, CPU not speeding up, the works.
Responsiveness - yes, it's like players have acceleration set to 55. Going to try a couple things.

Can't see any specific Serie A scoreboards? That is a disappointment..

Can someone with early access confirm if there is a option for very loose nets please? (Like in the video). Not sure if this is standard or a PC mod...

Last edited:

Thx for the infos!

Get well soon!!

The more I play it, the more the speed up seems to be a combination of this new motion blur + audio they've added. It seems that these two are not quite in-sync, so the video speeds up to catch up to the audio. This is especially evident in the cutscenes. Could be my PC too though.

The more I play it, the more the speed up seems to be a combination of this new motion blur + audio they've added. It seems that these two are not quite in-sync, so the video speeds up to catch up to the audio. This is especially evident in the cutscenes. Could be my PC too though.
Sounds more like a PC issue to me. It will be interesting to see this game on the Pro and X.

Sorry to quote myself, but this 100% the case.

Go into the first kick off match, play the skill game (i just kept shooting) until time is up or chances are taken. The first skill game is perfect feel, perfect movement, everything. After your time is up, or chances taken, the Retry Drill option, now it's back to instant response, but in hyperspeed. This translates into the game. Instantly, the camera can't even keep up, it's stuttering, and the animations double up in speed. It's very fast. This is on slow!

Tempted to run this on the PC at 30 FPS, and see what happens. What a shame already. Will have to mess with sliders to get this under control. Will keep testing of course.
If it definitely translates into gameplay, please get some evidence and hit the EA Twitter accounts with it, because they are convinced it's only training affected...

Sounds more like a PC issue to me. It will be interesting to see this game on the Pro and X.

Yes, looks like it was.

False alarm. I had some updates to run on my capturing software, even when it wasn't active, it was taking up 60% CPU for some reason. Restarted, now we're good.

For the PC, I like 30 FPS, really smooth. Less herky jerky movement to be seen of the 60 FPS.

The motion blur is a nice touch.

Gameplay

CPU shoots!

Ball physics are nice. A blend of 16 and 18 I'd say, but without 16's dipping shots. The rising shot shows up a lot though.

CPU does shoot, and sometimes too quickly. Had a forward 1v1 with keeper, but decided to take the shot from well outside the box.

Will stream, hopefully CPU doesn't act up!

https://www.twitch.tv/matt10l

Yes, looks like it was.

False alarm. I had some updates to run on my capturing software, even when it wasn't active, it was taking up 60% CPU for some reason. Restarted, now we're good.

For the PC, I like 30 FPS, really smooth. Less herky jerky movement to be seen of the 60 FPS.

The motion blur is a nice touch.

Gameplay

CPU shoots!

Ball physics are nice. A blend of 16 and 18 I'd say, but without 16's dipping shots. The rising shot shows up a lot though.

CPU does shoot, and sometimes too quickly. Had a forward 1v1 with keeper, but decided to take the shot from well outside the box.

Will stream, hopefully CPU doesn't act up!

https://www.twitch.tv/matt10l

That looks a much better pace.
Is that slow?

You're a star, thanks so much, really appreciate it!

Norwood surprisingly looks quite like him considering they're all generic faces etc. - although the body models are a bit, er, Fortnite...

This took a while to upload but shows how much slower the game is compared to the demo.

Also shows what an absolute joke and how easy the game is on Full Auto compared to Semi Settings - Both games were Legendary skill level.

I demand more Tranmere videos, more I say! :D

Cheers guys, excited to try them out.

Slightly concerned by how easy @bsmaff makes the game look though, so I'm hoping you're as terrible as I am @Placebo so I might be able to get something out of the game...

For PC users definitely be ready to do some updating on the drivers, and configuring as necessary. The added motion blur with the cutscenes really puts a number on the most capable of rigs. Dealing with that right now.

Back
Top Bottom