FIFA 19 Discussion (PC Version)

Downloading....it would be rude not to.
Give it a good old crack, don't stop after one game! Especially if you're used to PES - it's difficult when PES feels so much more organic on the ball to give it a good go... Going from the PES demo back to FIFA 18 is really jarring... But there's a lot of good gameplay bits in there!

Give it a good old crack, don't stop after one game! Especially if you're used to PES - it's difficult when PES feels so much more organic on the ball to give it a good go... Going from the PES demo back to FIFA 18 is really jarring... But there's a lot of good gameplay bits in there!

I still play FIFA 16 at times Chris, its my dirty secret!
I could not touch anything beyond that edition though.
Will soon see.....

First impressions: Good overall. All the new features talked about in media play well. AI changes are very good. Tactics are very good, although you can't seem to change some in game.

Small negatives: Can't adjust sliders in demo (again!). Ball physics are bit flat to me. The ball doesn't bounce much and it pulls up quickly due to high rolling resistance, which makes through passes a lot easier.

AI_SETTING_HALFLENGHT=8
GAME_SPEED=0
UNLOCK_ALL_UCC=1
UCC=1
FORCE_ALL_REGIONALIZATION_PROPS=0
FORCE_REGIONALIZATION_COLOR=1

Especiallly first line is a MUST for every PC player. You might play with the other settings as well.
Paste this in into "cl.ini" file located in DATA folder. Same structure, same files, same tricks seem to be working as last year and years before.

Unfortunately, this engine breaks the game for me. Those large shoulders and odd movimentation when running get me crazy.

Hope all those features from The Journey appear on Career Mode next year, then i'll give it a chance.
Ambientation is awesome, btw.

I said in the other thread I didn't even want to try the demo after how it looked in videos, but I downloaded it nevertheless (only 7GB-ish, why not) and had a few games...

Jeez, people said the ball physics were not that bad, I could not disagree more. The short passes obviously looked poor in the gameplay videos, but the long ball and cross physics feel just as bad if not worse. Like kicking a brick on the moon... It gives no sense whatsoever that you're watching an actual football being kicked...

Makes the whole thing feel like some football-themed action game, don't want to say "arcade" because obviously it's not just a pick-up-and-play game with no depth, what I mean is more along the lines that it doesn't feel like an actual football game that challenges or satisfies your football brain like playing or watching the sport for real would. It feels like a completely seperate entity to football itself.

There are some good bits - the whole presentation/UI and general polish, the physical contact and associated animations, significant pass/shooting error depending on player stats and footedness. Tried a big chipped through ball on Alexis' left foot at an awkward angle that went completely wayward (over the bar for a goal kick), I like that...

Overall, I really hate this direction they've taken with the gameplay and physics since FIFA 15/16. I think I've played enough of the demo already to know that this game is not for me and have little desire to boot it up again.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, this engine breaks the game for me. Those large shoulders and odd movimentation when running get me crazy.

They had nailed it with Fifa 16 Demo, made it worse from there, then with the new engine broke it to the ruins completely.

The player models look goofy, the animations and running looks weird, it has some resemblance with very very old games like actua soccer or similar for me, it looks that bad.

Cutscenes are locked to 30 FPS on Dx12 again. Wtf EA you fixed it already on 18, why is it back again? Time to report it to EA forums guys else they will never fix it.

I spent an hour getting my Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 to work because EA managed to break the DirectInput API again...

If your gamepad isn't working properly, download the 64bit version of x360ce, install it into the game folder, run the .exe and configure your gamepad. After that, close the tool and rename the file xinput1_3.dll to xinput1_4.dll.

Cutscenes are locked to 30 FPS on Dx12 again. Wtf EA you fixed it already on 18, why is it back again? Time to report it to EA forums guys else they will never fix it.
On DX11 at least with NVidia, you can fix that by using Nvidia control panel to set FIFA 19 to use Adaptive Vsync.

On DX11 at least with NVidia, you can fix that by using Nvidia control panel to set FIFA 19 to use Adaptive Vsync.

The problem is that some people can't run this game on fullscreen and window mode has 30 FPS lock. Also, that means we can't play in borderless window mode.

And at some point they're gonna abandon Dx11 and if they keep locking FPS to 30 on Dx12, it means on future titles where Dx11 is not supported anymore, we will get a 30 FPS lock and there won't be anything we can do.

So we have to keep EA aware of this issue so that we don't get 30 FPS lock. Why the fuk are we even getting a 30 fps lock on pc.

PES has better FPS lock system. FPS lock can be set for cutscenes and gameplay separately. That's much better.

I never found a fix that worked for AMD :(

Yeah I can't believe they still haven't added a proper Vsync option.

Also, pressing "F" on keyboard doesn't skip songs anymore. It doesn't work since FiFA 17 and they still haven't fixed these minor bugs.

Also, pressing "F" on keyboard doesn't skip songs anymore. It doesn't work since FiFA 17 and they still haven't fixed these minor bugs.

First thing I do on any Fifa is turn the music off, I haven't listened to music for decades. I turn off the music in all games I play, except Vampyr the music in that was so good and really fit the tone of the game :)

So we have to keep EA aware of this issue so that we don't get 30 FPS lock. Why the fuk are we even getting a 30 fps lock on pc
The stupid reason of visual parity with consoles I guess.

I played the demo on both PS4 Pro and PC, and if you take in account the 60fps cutscenes and 16x filtering (and LoD enhancements), PC version looks so much better it’s ridiculous, and leaves console versions in a bad place.

Fun fact: Crowd waving flag animations are locked at 30fps no matter the settings. You can notice it very easily.

AI_SETTING_HALFLENGHT=8
GAME_SPEED=0
UNLOCK_ALL_UCC=1
UCC=1
FORCE_ALL_REGIONALIZATION_PROPS=0
FORCE_REGIONALIZATION_COLOR=1

Especiallly first line is a MUST for every PC player. You might play with the other settings as well.
Paste this in into "cl.ini" file located in DATA folder. Same structure, same files, same tricks seem to be working as last year and years before.

I cant find the cl.ini file anywhere :/ ...it's supposed to be in DATA folder but it isn't

The stupid reason of visual parity with consoles I guess.

I played the demo on both PS4 Pro and PC, and if you take in account the 60fps cutscenes and 16x filtering (and LoD enhancements), PC version looks so much better it’s ridiculous, and leaves console versions in a bad place.

Fun fact: Crowd waving flag animations are locked at 30fps no matter the settings. You can notice it very easily.

Yeah, I talked about it back in Fifa 18 thread. Crowds were animated at unlocked framerate back in fifa 17. But since 18, they became potato 30 fps.
First thing I do on any Fifa is turn the music off, I haven't listened to music for decades. I turn off the music in all games I play, except Vampyr the music in that was so good and really fit the tone of the game :)

Fifa does have good musics. But the problem is, there are too many songs and most of them are trash/ doesn't fit with FiFA.

I think FiFA Rtwc 98 had best songs. Apart from Song 2 [Which was great] , all other were just plain music and fit the tone of the game.

By the way, I was able to remove the FPS cap on Nvidia cards. Unlike FiFA 18, only forcing Vsync on didn't work for some reason. I had to force "Triple buffer" on as well. I thought Triple Buffer on Nvidia Control Panel was for only Opengl games. I have to idea why it works on FiFA, but I guess it works for some reason.

The problem is still there on AMD cards though. So EA needs to make a better FPS lock system. I've talked about it on Post #4 on that thread on fifa forums.

Okay, now for some minor good things I found in demo:

+There is an option to change the player indicator size. Finally.
+Night matches while being dark, actually looks good enough this year with some nice contrast lighting.
But the problem is, this good lighting is only for Champions League matches. On normal matches, the lighting probably will be bland and too much yellow and dark like FiFA 18. Hopefully they make non UCL night matches look good as UCL match.
+Some stadiums now have tunnel intro [interior intro] like PES. Don't know if it's only for UCL, but its neat. It's finally back after fifa 10 [pc].

Dx12 does have horrible performance on my 980 Ti. Was dropping to 50 fps even on 2494x1559p. So I switched back to Dx11 and now I'm getting 60 fps on 2880x1800p.

Use the locale.ini file that's already there.
Sorry, I’m a noob in this, but exactly where do we have to paste those values inside the locale.ini? I put it after the FIFA_DEMO=1 and everything remains unchanged (time and speed greyed out...)

Sorry, I’m a noob in this, but exactly where do we have to paste those values inside the locale.ini? I put it after the FIFA_DEMO=1 and everything remains unchanged (time and speed greyed out...)

The changes are automatic, you won't see any options in game become available, but if you play a game it'll be longer and slower.

Okay, I just found out that crowd animations are in 60 FPS during slow mo replay. But on normal cutscenes they are back to 30 FPS again.

What's worse is, crowd animations become extremely jarring if frame rate drops to 50 fps. Then the crowds look like moving at 15~20 fps.

The changes are automatic, you won't see any options in game become available, but if you play a game it'll be longer and slower.

The half length thing doesn't work this year, does it? The Force_Region works and it reveals the "true" color palette of the game, not really good to see. Game speed seems to work, but I am not 100% sure.

Yeah I can't get the half length extension INI trick to work either. Notwithstanding VuZet's settings, for those copying and pasting quickly, has a small typo with the word 'halflenght halflength'.

Back
Top Bottom