FIFA 19 Discussion (PC Version)

Those gameplay patches though good ain't actually fix game breaking issues like full backs tucking in and playing as midfielders, keeper throw outs, positioning on short goal kicks, tactics and the ref not calling fouls.

So I appreciate them fixing things but the things they're putting at the top of the to do list needs revision. Especially if it's under the guise of improving realism.

Anyone else experiencing a sudden loss of assignment of Nike balls for leagues such as EPL,La Liga & Serie A etc in exhibition mode. Been away for a while but after updating and such ... all I'm getting in Nike leagues is that awful EA ball.

Just me?

Anyone else experiencing a sudden loss of assignment of Nike balls for leagues such as EPL,La Liga & Serie A etc in exhibition mode. Been away for a while but after updating and such ... all I'm getting in Nike leagues is that awful EA ball.

Just me?
It's because the Nike winter balls have been added via catalogue, but PC never gets these catalogue updates, therefore it falls back on the default ball.

It's because the Nike winter balls have been added via catalogue, but PC never gets these catalogue updates, therefore it falls back on the default ball.

Really? I've never payed attention to that. PC doesn't get the updated catalogue items? that's ridiculous!

What!!?!? they are still treating us like waifs? That's no good boys!

Petition to do a twitter (social media) nuke bomb, we've been neglected for far too long! Maybe we can do a #hashtag even.

Edit - Perhaps #FIFAPCMatters ? i don't know you creatives can come up with something better. My fingers are ready to twitter bomb.

Really? I've never payed attention to that. PC doesn't get the updated catalogue items? that's ridiculous!

Yup, we haven't for years. It's a real bummer since every year I lay witness to the amount of boots and what not PC users miss out on (since I also play on console). What a joke.

I'm giving FIFA 19 my first run. It is shocking how few licensed balls I could find on PC in Exhibition mode.

Do you have to turn off the Trainer every match? Is there any trick to getting FIFA 19 to remember your controller assistance settings?

Last edited:
I'm giving FIFA 19 my first run. It is shocking how few licensed balls I could find on PC in Exhibition mode.

Do you have to turn off the Trainer every match? Is there any trick to getting FIFA 19 to remember your controller assistance settings?
You need to buy most of the balls in the catalogue.

Make sure you actually create a new Kick Off profile instead of using the default one, then your settings should be saved.

Can't we all do a synchronized bombarding? This has gone on way too long and there isn't any reason for it. I suppose we were complacent in the past because we had all sorts of modding possibilities. Not the case anymore.

I believe one of the guys here was getting feedback on EA twitter, lead the charge and I'll follow.

You need to buy most of the balls in the catalogue.

Make sure you actually create a new Kick Off profile instead of using the default one, then your settings should be saved.
LOL do they actually charge people extra money for things like balls??
What a fucking joke...
Probably that's why they made Frostbite incompatible with mods to force people to buy these things.
No wonder why i'm seeing memes like this on the internet..:THINK:

5b59e22bca57f.jpeg

What a fucking joke...
Probably that's why they made Frostbite incompatible with mods to force people to buy these things.
It's not real money, it's an ingame currency...

What a fucking joke...

View attachment 7959
Your last two contributions in this thread have been this kind of trolling.

Want to give it a rest and post something worth reading in here, like you do in the PES threads?

I'm not trying to just blindly trolling around here.
It's just that when you see ''You need to buy most of the balls in the catalogue'',it's easy for someone to assume that they might actually charge people money for these things,given the reputation they have from milking money from Fut etc.

I have been talking about what i don't like much in Pes also in the past,like how they made the players have big waists and asses again this time,the general stiffness of Fox Engine and how i would like to see something different at some point etc.

I think that we're free here to post our thoughts,either positive or negative about either game.
Sorry for off-topic,won't go there anymore.

I think older gamers are really lucky because we lived in a time when you can remember you could have great fun in a footy game without fluff like extra balls and halloween stuff in the game.

I guess new gen gamers are screwed cos they'll always be seeking that fun element and think its achievable by getting getting everything there is offer to get.

PES 2015 CL agent clearing was possibly one of the best lessons I learnt - many days and nights playing PES at crazy hours - unfortunately it still took 3 years to finally give up the addiction but better late than never

Dennis, the thing is you buy catalogue items with experience points like in old pes games, not real money.

Thoughts have to be based on some sort of knowledge to be somehow relevant.
Yeah,i got it already man,no need to repeat that again.
When someone says ''you need to buy this'',it's easy for someone else to misunderstand this and think that he's talking about real money though..
Anyway...can we all acknowledge that the real problem here is that they neglect pc users by not offering them the same content as with console players,and not that if i misunderstood a phrase..?
You don't need me to tell you about what EA are..The majority of gamers worldwide knows what they are,even most Fifa players..

New Patch on PC today: https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/433060/fifa-title-update-20th-november#latest

I really loved this bit:
Increased the impact to fatigue of playing with defensive pressure.
  • This change will have the biggest impact to fatigue when playing with Constant Pressure enabled in your active Game Plan or when playing with Team Press active.
  • This change will have reduced impact to fatigue when playing with Pressure On Heavy Touch or Pressure After Possession Loss enabled in your active Game Plan.
Addressed the following issues:
  • Sometimes when an attacking player is trying to move towards a loose ball close to the goal, they would slow down and be unable to get to the ball effectively.

Damn... they seriously goin hard this year!

Holy shit, there's a change we all (and I kept tweeting about) asked for on there.

When playing the AI on the hardest difficulties, they've turned down silly first-time tiki-taka passes.

Wow.

Yeah! I missed that bit! Amazing!
If it plays exactly as they described there... man oh man!

Still, you should have @ed me.
:P

,,Reduced the number of first time passes that CPU AI Controlled players will make out of their defensive third of the pitch when playing on Legendary or Ultimate difficulty. ''

......finally

Reduced the number of first time passes that CPU AI Controlled players will make out of their defensive third of the pitch when playing on Legendary or Ultimate difficulty.

Dunno if it's that great, surely the other 2 thirds of the pitch are where it should be toned down, and what about the other difficulty levels?

Also still no mention of fouls or manual keepers.

We have reduced the distance that an AI Teammate defender will stretch to block a shot.

We have reduced the distance that an AI Teammate defender will stretch when making a tackle.

Neither of them sound great for the single player either.

So the Black Friday deals have begun and I have seen FIFA 19 at 40% off on Origin. I am considering picking it up, but after playing a 10 hour trial I have some concerns. Playing FIFA 19 back to back with FIFA 18, I was surprised how 18 held up in some areas.

FIFA 19
+ Licenses (obviously)
+ deft contextual dribbling touches.
+ improved physicality
+ variable and intelligent AI movement off the ball

FIFA 18
+ Ball physics much better for me than 19.
+ AI playing with more variety in possession on the ball, not all one-touch tiki taka, like FIFA 19.
+ AI has plenty of variety with approaches and shots at goal, not all first touch shots at goal like FIFA 19.
+ I feel like battles in the air for headers are an even contest, unlike FIFA 19 where the AI seemed to win every one.

My question is, do others find them a problem, and can these problems with FIFA 19 be mitigated with sliders and tactics at all?

AI winning every header? Not something I've experienced in 19, I feel I really dominate in the air, I jump really early and it's very effective. Tiki-Taka and first time shots have been massively improved in post-release updates.

Thanks for your tip Placebo. Maybe I should have been jumping earlier than in FIFA 18? Anyway good to know those things haven't been a problem for you.

Back
Top Bottom